GreaseSpot Cafe

Did you ever find it curious....

OldSkool

That's David Cr*ley, all right. I ran into him in San Diego after he left the way, about 20 years ago. He was into another religious guru, Morris Cerullo, I think-but that was a long time ago.

I found it curious (well, astonishing) that he fell into another off beat cult like religion so readily, but whatever gets you through the day.

I remember reading the 'The Hope of Glory' during the ROA one year. Very honest book, about a difficult subject. I thought the ending odd even then, though. He envisions a future setting where thousands of Way believers congregate in a seaside amphitheater. A tall ship sails up, and Wierwille is standing on the bow of the ship, many years older, but still healthy, fit, and vibrant, wearing a 'captain's cap. Didn't quite work out that way.

Sounds a bit "Prince Caspian" to me (Narnia series).

If that's the future ... I'm joining somewhere else RIGHT NOW.

What a horrid version of The Return.

VPW is the captain, and Jesus (not mentioned) is no doubt pulling on the oars as a galley slave or some such, huh?

I think the whole concept of "deliverance" from homosexuality was the theme of an entire edition of the short-lived "Heartbeat Magazine", many years ago. Anyone remember those?

I remember those. Those were the "Heart" magazines, right?

The "Heartbeat" was something else - the monthly Limb newsletter which consisted of a boring regurgitation of a STS by a Limb coordinator and the same 3 families in a given state having a public forum to show consistently how amazing their children were.