GreaseSpot Cafe

New leaders in your area?

OldSkool

"Oh, placements is over and there will be new leaders coming soon! I sure am glad Rev So and So is leaving. Things will be so much different now, our new coordinators are just wonderful!"

Ever feel that way before? I can remember the excitement of new leaders coming to town. My question, and rhetorical it may be, does it really change the fact that the way international is a manipulating, money hoarding cult? So there are fresh faces on the local scene but it's the same old cult. Just new leaders regurgitating the same old lines just a slightly different way.

On more than one occasion I looked forward to new "leadership" coming to town because I was convinced that HQ had figured out how screwed up the last "leader" was and had yanked him out. After all, if I had figured it out, naturally the spiritual heavyweights at HQ would have no trouble seeing it.

On more than one occasion I looked forward to new "leadership" coming to town because I was convinced that HQ had figured out how screwed up the last "leader" was and had yanked him out. After all, if I had figured it out, naturally the spiritual heavyweights at HQ would have no trouble seeing it.

ROFL!

They look at from how it will benefit them, the ministry. They do pull boneheads from time to time to come to headquarters for some "training." But in the end they just want someone likeable. I wouldn't give my money to someone I didn't like....just saying :anim-smile:

Every time we'd get new leadership they'd be more legalistic than the ones they replaced. I just learned to not trust anyone who was active WC, especially if they were my leadership. It would seem like we would really be having a good time doing good stuff for God, getting people to come to fellowship, prayers being answered, people being blessed ... Then placements, new leadership and the whole thing would go in the crapper as the new WC had the need to establish dominance in the area, effectively ....ing on any fire of the Word in people's lives.

One of the last leadership changes we had involved a WCcouple who felt the need go delve into the personal dating lives of every single woman in the area - and when one of them had surgeryand had her mom and believer boyfriend stay at her house during recovery they threw a fit saying it was "an appearance of evil.". No one in the area even cared except them. I really think our sex lives were a source of perverted interest by them both.

and when one of them had surgeryand had her mom and believer boyfriend stay at her house during recovery they threw a fit saying it was "an appearance of evil.". No one in the area even cared except them. I really think our sex lives were a source of perverted interest by them both.

Every time I think I have heard it all, I am surprised to learn a new low perpetrated against some poor person in need. So typical of way corps to come circling in when a person is down and kick them just to be sure the standards of the way international are imposed on it's subjects.

Course thinking about this brings up a thought in my mind..

Long ago, there used to be plenty of Way Corps, and possibly things went differently, but I know at least in the last 10 years, most of those going on the "field" for Corps assignments were either rejects that the top brass didn't want to mess with, those being demoted, or those on staff who had smelt the garbage and wanted to get away QUICKLY...

So with that in mind.. I'm just curious as to how it all looks these days.. With all these rejects running the local fellowships..

I've been told, so just hearsay, is that the local fellowships are a bit nicer but since they are so small (at least round here), that the limb/region guys (Those who aren't rejects) are close by hounding everyone cause they know their reject buddies ain't doing what they want..

Maybe I'm wrong! lol..

I've been told, so just hearsay, is that the local fellowships are a bit nicer but since they are so small (at least round here), that the limb/region guys (Those who aren't rejects) are close by hounding everyone cause they know their reject buddies ain't doing what they want..

Maybe I'm wrong! lol..

No, that about sums up Rosie. I have personally heard her remark on several occasions how difficult and time consuming it is to be a branch coordinator. It's no accident the rejects land as branch coordinators usually. It's punitive. The poetic justice is the people they are rejecting are now their representatives in the "outreach arm" of the way international. Sort of stupid of the old bag, eh? :biglaugh::anim-smile:

Edited by OldSkool

Course thinking about this brings up a thought in my mind..

Long ago, there used to be plenty of Way Corps, and possibly things went differently, but I know at least in the last 10 years, most of those going on the "field" for Corps assignments were either rejects that the top brass didn't want to mess with, those being demoted, or those on staff who had smelt the garbage and wanted to get away QUICKLY...

So with that in mind.. I'm just curious as to how it all looks these days.. With all these rejects running the local fellowships..

Maybe I'm wrong! lol..

Back in 1996 ---> 2000....... John Reynolds would refer to those Branch assignments as "battle promotions" or "damage control." In other words, after years of toiling in a thankless, 90-hr work week.....most branch leaders get weary and quit OR apathetically refuse to jump thru all those twi hoops. IMO..the branch assignment, overseeing 7-12 twigs, was the most demanding of twi's tree structure.

As I understand it.......today, twi is a shell of its former self. And, the branch title is given to corps who might only oversee two household fellowships. Even the analogy is pathetically stupid in Rosie's world.....who ever sees a branch on a tree with two twigs?

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

As I understand it.......today, twi is a shell of its former self. And, the branch title is given to corps who might only oversee two household fellowships. Even the analogy is pathetically stupid in Rosie's world.....who ever sees a branch on a tree with two twigs?

Ahh, shell of it former self it is. But there has been a chucking of the tree terminology over the years I was involved. In it's place is coprorate sounding lingo. Such as emphasizing they are a 501c3 non-profit, branch stayed the same because it is normal to have a branch office opened someplace, limb is interchangeable with State coordinator, Region is the same, and trunk became used synonymous with The Way of The USA.

The way it works is all the official documentation has the corporate lingo on it while the ministry jargon retains the tree analogy. It's never been stated as official of course. But that is the current practice. They seek legitimacy in the non-profit realm.

IMO..the branch assignment, overseeing 7-12 twigs, was the most demanding of twi's tree structure.

When I left in 2001 a branch was defined as "two or more fellowships". Then WC were defined "leaders of tens" i.e. more than one "ten", aka "a fellowship".

I know of several instances where a small to medium sized fellowship was split into two tiny fellowships so that the local WC could oversee a "branch".