GreaseSpot Cafe

Who Really Knows Jesus Christ?

HappyGay

I was just wondering how many of you have really experienced "knowing" the invisable Jesus? What concrete evidence do you have that he is still alive?

I have been brainwashed since birth to believe in Jesus Christ even though we have no original documentation (Greek manuscripts)to prove the New Testament is factual.

Please do not reply with "you can feel him in your heart" or "if you have love or compassion in your life then you have Christ" because even the Neanderthal's cared for and about their own. And please, not the old Baptist saying of "You've got to go by faith."

So, there is this invisable God who sent his physical son to save Israel. Israel first, then God decides he wants to save the rest of the world...but if you weren't Jewish you were considered a "dog". Just goes to show you how hateful man-made religions can be. Jesus defeated Satan? Really? Where's the proof?

God vs. Satan...good vs. evil. What if it's really the choices we make in this life?

I could go on and on...but really, has anybody met the invisable Jesus?

Edited by HappyGay

Yet if we treated the blood of Yeshua the Messiah as ordinary blood, do we really what to know who our high priest is? Chapter 2 of Romans, do we really want to stand before Yahweh with this frame of mind? I am concerned about being to happy about things this world, would I really want to meet Yeshua now or later on? I see a lot of that kind of thinking, just do what feels good now, we will all find out later on? No, I have not met the dude, but I understand what was going through his head when he walked out of that garden?

Edited by teachmevp

This sign I saw at a church might help:

"Honk if you love Jesus. Text while driving if you want to meet him." :biglaugh:

Seriously, I won't argue the existence of a living Christ. I've had all the proof I need, but I don't think that would convince anyone who wants some sort of scientific evidence.

• Upvote 1

Hey, thanks for all of your replys.

I no longer subscribe to "fear tactics" about standing before YHWH or God or whatever anymore. Can't name three Christians or Waffers that I would like to spend eternity with. If it is true that non-believers' will simply be no more after the Judgement then it might be a better deal.

Actually, I think I am looking for scientific evidence. After TWI, I no longer can trust my emotional side concerning "religion".

Hmmm, wonder if I can just delete this post?

I'm currently doing some remodeling for a Muslim client. Funny, she has no hesitation at all to join in when I mention how silly - or even ludicrous - many tenets of the Christian faith are. But if I say the same things about Mohammed and Muslim beliefs, NO, NO, NO!

That's the REAL truth. And she KNOWS it in her heart. And God has PROVEN it (to her). Yeah, O.K., fine...

One of the most freeing aspects of not being involved with twi anymore is that I feel no need to try and convince anyone of anything, including the existence of God and Jesus Christ (I do believe in both and consider myself a Christian.) I believe that everyone has the right to believe what they will. After being involved with an organization that I was convinced had THE ONE TRUTH and then seeing the lies, corruption, lust, and hypocrisy it was really based on, I no longer feel that my own fallible mind can say with any authority that my belief system is better than anyone else's. God can do the convincing. I just try and let the Creator's goodness live in my life. If someone wants to know what that goodness is about, I can tell them, but I no longer feel the need to convince them of anything.

A few months ago THIS GUY made the papers about 30 miles from me..

Ive been meaning to go talk to him just so that I can without any refutation or question say that I have undeniably personally met the Lord Jesus Christ--but I havent gotten around to doing it yet..

until then there is no way of knowing for sure, at least for me. About the best I personally can muster up is along the lines of a line from THIS old Jethro Tull song....

" thought I saw angels..BUT.. I could've been wrong"

Christianity still intrigues me and the basic concepts I find sound--(Love, mercy, forgiveness etc etc) but I do not profess it nor have I experienced any of the more ethereal one on one connection type things to Jesus that others sometimes rave about.....

well.... maybe.....very rarely ...once in a great while.....BUT I know "I couldve been wrong"

and probably was

Edited by mstar1

Thanks JavaJane! :rolleyes: You are too cool!

After so many years of manipulation with TWI, I find myself questioning the validity of "everything". Even to the point that Christianity as a whole might be nothing more than a giant hoax. Wow, what citisizm? I guess I am just crazy right now but will get through it.

Guess I'll purchase one of those anti-cult psychology books availalbe through your links here at Greasespotcafe.com.

i talk to him and i guess i pray to him -- same thing with god

i've never met him

i haven't met god either

i think i have blind faith, i have since i was a little girl, it's good for me

i'm not being emotional

--

--

--

plust the trintiy or the lack there of doesn't bother me

To prove Yahweh, their is a DNA and RNA machine like thing that puts that code together, this stuff is way over my head, but their is a tread called DNA and RNA in Doctrinal, their is a you tube address there so you can see this thing, I would try to offer you that as proof, something is behind that machine like thing, it has been on the earth on three different accessions?

To prove Yahweh, their is a DNA and RNA machine like thing that puts that code together, this stuff is way over my head, but their is a tread called DNA and RNA in Doctrinal, their is a you tube address there so you can see this thing, I would try to offer you that as proof, something is behind that machine like thing, it has been on the earth on three different accessions?

Wow Thanks! Now that is just what I'm looking for! I will definitely read it.

On another thread I stated that I would come up with my own concept of God and Jesus; I suppose this has happend to many here at Greasespotcafe.com.

It's easier to believe in a god and Savoir of the World if they are a bit more like yourself.

Ya' know, maybe they'll eventually delete this post?

Well, I am a Dudette but don't blame you for the mix up.

I have re-read this post and can't believe I spent 25 years in TWI recruiting God-Hungry people, teaching at Fellowship Meetings, running to HQ's on my only vacation time, trying not to second guess my "standing on The Word" and Believing to Receive...only to find out that I have lost my faith in all things Spiritual!

Now wanting "proof" of the existance of God and Jesus Christ? Validate! Validate! Validate! I don't want to be scammed again! There are so many theories out there like we're all aliens in a big experiment...fortunately, I am not that far gone yet.

I think I'll get back in line. Thanks for all of your comments!

Well HappyGay, now that you phrase it differently, its obvious you aren't a troll. So, no disrespect intended, please accept my apology. We had a very nasty, "real" troll here very recently and he got banned - so, forgive me, if I thought the way your questions was worded that you were him come back with a different name - people do that all the time on forums.

Sorry Dude :(

You saw GT's answer telling me to "shut up." That wasn't too "Christlike" so I doubt he's going to be able to give you any "Christian" advice, but others have already given you some personal answers.

Thanks Sunese! My comments have been provocative, spiritually speaking. I hope you all at GS will forgive me. I left TWI last week and feel really scammed by "religion". I need a new pair of glasses now.

Thanks Sunese! My comments have been provocative, spiritually speaking. I hope you all at GS will forgive me. I left TWI last week and feel really scammed by "religion". I need a new pair of glasses now.

Nothing like jumping in with both feet! When I left back in 99 I had some real wild emotional things happen and going on. Someone pointed out that over 20 years dedicated to a lost cause and then finding it to be a lost cause was much like the loss of a dearly loved one. Grieving goes through stages and anger and lashing out are healthy steps. But those first few breathes of freedom and all that follow make it all worth while....

• Upvote 1

fortunately, I am not that far gone yet.

It's not really all that bad.

:biglaugh:

I've lost the need to have any kind of certainty in this life.. the consequence of half-baked religious answers seems worse than just enjoying the questions..

• Upvote 2

I saw Jesus walking downtown just the other day. I was surprised and I said, "Hello Jesus! What brings you downtown?" Jesus said, "I'm looking for an attorney." I said, "An attorney! Why are you looking for an attorney here?" He looked at me kind of surprised and said, "Well, you don't expect me to find one in Heaven do you? (ba-dum bum crash) :who_me:

Well, congratulations on getting out! That's what this site is for :) Hang out, share, and I guarantee you you'll feel a lot better about things in time. You weren't the only one who got hurt by TWI, but in the beginning - it can shake up your world with thoughts of, how could I have let this happen??? Hey, it happened to all of us. There is nothing wrong with you. You loved God and wanted to serve him - that counts for something.

When I left, one of my favorite verses was in Joel: God will repay the years the locusts have eaten. That was a tremendous promise and blessing to me.

I also, didn't pick up the Bible for a long time. Eventually over time, months, I had some thoughts and ideas come to me and some things I started to look at in the Bible - when I look back, it was the Holy Spirit teaching me, my first steps away from TWI doctrine - and God teaching me - not man - what I needed to know for my life personally.

So, now, if you have to just put it all down and lay it aside - sometimes you just have to put yourself in neutral.

The only one who can really teach you if there is a God or not, or a Christ or not is God.

But, over the years, I have found, that with the Holy Spirit, we can see Christ - just as if he were here in the flesh so to speak.

As to your question - who really knows Jesus Christ? I used to wonder, while I was in TWI - just what the heck believers outside of TWI meant when they talked about their "personal" relationship with Christ.

Now, I know.

It was not until leaving TWI though. Sure, we loved "God" and the "Word" - but - and here's TWI's great harm it did to the believer - we never knew Christ.

We never knew Christ.

In TWI, the Word took the place of the "Absent Christ." That was a lie - he is not absent - He walks among the Churchs (Rev.), and will reveal himself to you if you ask him too.

But, all in time. As I said, I just had to put it all down, take a break, get your life, job, housing - just get your life going again.

After years in TWI - its time to now take care of HappyGay :)

Edited by Sunesis
  • Upvote 1