GreaseSpot Cafe

Broomier's?

teachmevp

I used to work with this guy, who would grab a broom and start sweeping the cook line, when he saw the owner come in the door. It was to my amazement, how far that guy went in this owner business, all because of hustling a owner with a broom.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior in the way, if so, what kind of object did they use?

I thought it was a cool thread, just the way this guy worked over that owner, sweeping that line every time that owner walked through that door. That was so phony, a phony sweep, for a phony owner.

That guy used his lips, that is out their.

I guess you could count all those people falling all over themselves to help VP and his entourage whenever they hit town - or any leadership for that matter. Then there was the subsequent near forced labor of everyone else in order to make the local leaders look like they were on top of their game in front of the higher-ups. With VP (all the while) insisting that no one should go out of his/her way - after all he was just a normal MOGOTW.

I guess you could count all those people falling all over themselves to help VP and his entourage whenever they hit town - or any leadership for that matter. Then there was the subsequent near forced labor of everyone else in order to make the local leaders look like they were on top of their game in front of the higher-ups. With VP (all the while) insisting that no one should go out of his/her way - after all he was just a normal MOGOTW.

I remember when the greatly revered (even on GSC sometimes) Mrs. Dotsie Wierwille had her heart broken because not enough people from the surrounding areas volunteered to work at the holiday staff party. A cry went out to the local leadership. The thinking was that the staff sacrificed all year to bless the believers, and the believers should in turn bless the staff. After all, it was just for one night.

Of course, the party was on a week night, people had to drive, stay for clean-up, and drive back. Folks, some with little kids, would return home at 2:00, 3:00, or even 4:00 in the morning, and then have to go to work the next day. There was no offer to reimburse for expenses.

I believe the staff were required to attend the event as well. Sounds like the main purpose of the event was for Mrs. Wierwille.

While I was in residence during the event, a few of us made sure those volunteers knew they were appreciated.

When the "Word in Business" conference came to the Anatole Hotel in Dallas every Thanksgiving weekend, we locals had the "privilege" of doing all the gruntwork - unloading the trucks, setting up the rooms, etc. At the end we loaded everything back up. All on our own time, of course. I think I even took an unpaid day off from work since we were highly "encouraged" to help.

We were required to wear steel toed boots at our cost. And woe be unto you if you screwed up somewhere while you were slaving away.

:smilie_kool_aid:

I took a program at a mission for a year, got to work for the lord, but no one got in my face, they let me work for the lord, but they were three-in-one god people; but I could not handle someone getting in face, while I was working for Yahweh, it is hard enough trying to walk the walk, let alone someone trying to pluck the splinter out of my, while I was trying to bless peoples life's.