GreaseSpot Cafe

Bologna Sandwiches & Tea

Kevin Fallon

---and that can be a good thing in snow prone areas where added weight helps with traction.

Spoken like a true Clevelander...or somewhere close by.

Well, maybe. If it's very warm and humid when you drive and much cooler later, you might get some condensation. It's probably a good idea to toss a can of de-icer (usually methanol or ethanol) in the tank when the weather turns cold, but it really shouldn't be a problem most of the time, especially, as Jim points out, since most gas sold these days has ethanol in it.

On the other hand, 20 gal of gasoline weighs about 140 lbs., so having a full tank is like carrying an extra passenger.

George

Someone told me that allowing the tank go below half full is bad for the injectors since any "gunk" in a gas tank settles on the bottom. If you let the level get too low, "gunk" starts going through the injectors and that seriously inhibits an engine's performance. True, or false? Makes sense to me.

Hey! Someone should start a radio program about this stuff! Maybe call it "Car Talk" or something.

Edited by Broken Arrow

Being as the title of this thread is "Bologna Sandwiches & Tea" (polony, yeuk; a cross between sandwich meat and salami, double yeuk) - it's the "and tea" part I'm picking up on.

Because most Americans don't drink "tea" though they may drink herbal infusions.

As a Brit - I love my tea. I drink gallons of it. Truly.

Somehow or other, during all my years in rez, I never ran out of tea, proper ("black") tea. It was hard to come by sometimes, but friends, visitors, spiritual partners...just gave boxes of tea bags to me.

Twas not till I was preparing to leave and fly back home and GIVING AWAY my tea bags, that I realised how very blessed I'd been to have so much tea available to me.

And on that note, I'll go and make myself another pot of tea. Teapot holds about 2 pints. This will be about my 6th potful today.

Edited by Twinky

I remember the whole colon cleanse mess... mandated cleaning of one's colon was a little over the top for me!

I don't remember any mandate in the Corps to do the colon cleanse. It was only suggested and promoted because Grace Bliss, a natural foods lady believed in it. Lots did it-I thought it was gross-but it wasn't mandated. Not in my Corps anyway (10th).

I helped out in the Trunk Office during my interim year, and I remember Cl!ff @delm@n telling me about how the 4th Corps of which he was a part split up into girls and guys and had to give each other enemas ... I think the early Corps (ending with 5) were the ones that had to do the cleanse.

I also remember hearing JAL's hilarious appendix story while in-residence - he was in residence with the First Special Corps (at the same time the 5th Corps was in-residence at HQ) and his appendix burst as a result of the colon cleanse. Also, I remember hearing that one Corps fellow was going into town to get some cookies or something and was killed in a car accident ... and of course, it was blamed on anyone else except the perpetrators of the stupid idea of the cleanse. Your colon should be your own business, IMHO.