GreaseSpot Cafe

So....they kicked themselves out?

OldSkool

That must have felt good! You weren't all afraid about leaving, "the protection of the household", eh? That took some guts.

Didn't really take any guts...starting with the announcement of the A<<en lawsuit in 2000 and through the ouster of Martindale later that year I had begun examining what Martindale had been teaching and by the time I was kicked out I had pretty well determined that what he was teaching had been pulled out of his @$$ and by that time a big chunk of Wierwille's stuff too. The only reason that I hadn't voluntarily walked was that I held out hope that I could take my wife and kids out with me. If I had known that 2 months after getting kicked out of The Way that I'd be kicked out of my marriage I may have done things differently.

I'm still waiting for them..

you know. Somebody who would take the time to look ME up for a change.. not the other way around..

scary thoughts, eh?

:biglaugh:

the organization won't measure to worth of a hill of beans in the next life..

no matter how ones religious persuasion looks at it..

the organization won't measure to worth of a hill of beans in the next life..

Yep, in the end the organization is just another work of man. In this case a stupid corporation where the trustees / directors assume they are running "gawd's minustree."

Didn't really take any guts...starting with the announcement of the A<<en lawsuit in 2000 and through the ouster of Martindale later that year I had begun examining what Martindale had been teaching and by the time I was kicked out I had pretty well determined that what he was teaching had been pulled out of his @$$ and by that time a big chunk of Wierwille's stuff too. The only reason that I hadn't voluntarily walked was that I held out hope that I could take my wife and kids out with me. If I had known that 2 months after getting kicked out of The Way that I'd be kicked out of my marriage I may have done things differently.

I'm sorry to hear that Oakspear. I went through the same thing only it had little to do with TWI.

Yeah, no sh1t bro. The intimidation tactics of those idiots have backed more good people off than you know. I'm sorry for your personal loss and that your ex traded in her cult status for a much more binding commitment. They intimidate people to keep from someone telling the truth and causing mass exodus in local areas. Who exactly are these j@ck@sses working for who break up marriages anyway? Certainly not God, as that is not Christian behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps this just goes to show how entrenched the "blame the victim" mentality is in da little corn field cult?

_Children of the Corn_, anybody?

Page-235, TWLiL (same book):

""We started the first Way Corps then, the fall of 1969,

especially for that purpose, to prepare leaders. There were

nine of them-some married, some single, younger and older.

They stayed until the spring, and then

I gave them the privilege of leaving.

You see, they never got it together among themselves. They

didn't have that commitment, that discipline."

Uh-oh, sombody's being rotten to the corps