GreaseSpot Cafe

Ringing in the New Year

socks

2011 is upon us and I wanted to wish everyone here and yonder a great new year. Please remember to keep it safely under the limit if you're driving tonight - if you're not, well feel free to get s--tfaced and throw up on someone's carpet. :biglaugh: Just kidding! Use a bag. But whatever your preferences have a safe and happy new year's eve and beyond and watch out for the other guy on the road, please..

With the pending passing of the Spot upon us I wanted to thank Mr. P-Tuck for the time, space and effort. Always gracious, this has been a nice ride due in no small part to your willingness to just let it clock it's time. What will a changing, diverse group of knowledgeable and deeply concerned individuals do, left mostly to their own devices and inclinations with little more than a few well placed bumpers on the sides to cushion impact, when and if?

Time being what it is there was no way to get from there to here without the time in between so it seems about right from this point, now.

Calvin's still jumping, finding celebration in the sheer joy of the moment. I hope to be doing the same for a long time and wish that for all of you! Have a great year.

Why, thank you Socks! And may you too have a happy and joyous New Year! And hopefully it will stop raining in your neck of the woods!! At least till y'all dry out after a bit...Anyway, Cheers! And yes, folks, at least use the bag! God bless you,

JL/CJ

Socks,

New Years' is going to be sad around the 'spot. Auld Lang Syne will sound extra sad. A reminder that all things (good and bad) usually come to an end and memories are what remains. Yes.. a happy and prosperous new year to one and all. Hope is the fuel that drives our engines so here's hoping for the very best for one and all!

sudo

Someone called me tonight wondering what time this place is closing tonight. NOT tonight. We have a few months left and maybe more if necessary.

Happy New Years to all. I have to get up bright and early in 4 hours or so, so I am going to hit the bed.

Afew moths left?... :evilshades:

moths?...new years eve...do you think I can actually spell tonight?

A few months maybe more?

I'm not dead yet . . . Ere' he says he's not dead . . . Yes he is . . . I'm not! . . . He isn't . . . Well, he will be soon, he's very ill. . . I'm getting better! . . . No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment. . . .

:biglaugh: Ladie's and Gents, backatya!

Toasted the New Year in with a healthy taste of Hendrix (the Gin) and tonic. Cheers!

I only drink the stuff on special occasions so I had about 3/4s of the bottle my son gave me last year left. And he got me another one for Christmas this year. God bless him, in a pinch it's unacceptable to not have a decent gin on hand.

Who's seen True Grit? Great flick, that and a drive by of a local watering hole comprised our New Year's. We ended up waiting till the last minute to plan and so went lo impact. We were at home early enough to pop on a log and await the birth of 2011 in cozy comfort.