GreaseSpot Cafe

Shovel-ready?

Ham

Has anybody even SEEN the shovel? Where is it? Outside of working for a master's degree. And believe me, I can really appreciate THAT.. unless it was in aroma therapy, homiletics or some such easy way to fame(?) and fortune..

I know how hard education can be, and getting a legitimate degree..

but did anyone ever see da vicster get his hands dirty? Even once? I heard a story long long ago about him washing dishes for some wows or something.. but no, I never saw him, sweat on brow, shovel in hand..

what did he actually DO to earn his keep?

"Manogawd(?????).. with shovel, in hand????

You've got to be kidding.

it's almost as ridiculous as thinking da vicster's *ministry(????)* was some kind of safe harbor, a refuge from the wiles of devils and lions and such..

He's.. digging a hole, for YOU!!!

:biglaugh:

I saw an old photo of him at the groundbreaking for the BRC. He was "posing" with a shovel, along with some other folks. I think it was probably Ermal Owens and Harry (He wasn't MY uncle.) Wierwille. He probably made an appearance or three to "pose" with the Way Corps, too. He never brought his shovel to Ohio HQ to do any work with Fellow Laborers, though. For the most part, he was what the kids call a "poser".

Edited by waysider

Hmm. so there WAS a shovel. Enshrined, in da most holy of places in gawd's creation, to be sure.

did it have large holes in it? You know.. as in a "shovel" one uses to dig up *something* the cat buried?

sowy. It's actually been a good day here..

Beer runs are better.

Victors, strike up a song. Not somber..

BEE Double EEE, double R, U N Beer run...

BEE Double EEE, Double RR double EE.. Beer.. runnnnnn..

how does the rest of it go..

something about having a fiver, and a non-drunken (i.e. sober) driver..

Edited by Ham

Hehehehe

I was trying to set you up for a cheesy punchline.

You know. Like "What's a hen-way?"

ohhh . . my bad

. . . just $100 bucks . . . plus a promising career . . .

I'm ready for a beer run. But no, I really don't need it..

I do . . . it's all about the journey really . . .

so the sober driver and I just made da "run".

only cost a fiver..

no hundred bucks here.

I could do another twenty runs for what PFAL, etc cost me..

well, I am being a well-behaved Squirrel. have to be good to myself.. still get up in the wee hours of the morning and do math..

Soo. What about da vicster's gold plated shovel?

one poster here has testified as to its existence.

what I wonder is.. how did a place dedicated with a tarnishless, gold plated (if not solid gold) shovel, end up dedicating a house of brass..

but did anyone ever see da vicster get his hands dirty? Even once? I heard a story long long ago about him washing dishes for some wows or something.. but no, I never saw him, sweat on brow, shovel in hand..

what did he actually DO to earn his keep?

"Manogawd(?????).. with shovel, in hand????

You've got to be kidding.

At Emporia, right after he came in the room and yelled at all of us during breakfast, I saw him drive a tractor. I know it's hard to envision, but back in the day there was a driveway that went between the Campus Center and Anderson Library. There was also a place to park cars right in front of the Campus Center. They wanted (and eventually did) to remove all that asphalt and seed grass over it. Anyway, someone forgot to move their car. Wierwille, not wanting to miss an opportunity to throw a fit, stormed into the lunchroom yelling, "Once is enough in the Corps!" Meaning he should only have to give an order once. This would have been the Sixth Corps first year in residence. Right after that, he drove a tractor with a blade and Martindale rode on the back on top of the blade mechanism. Martindale was wearing his shorts and a bandana. Wierwille was wearing those overalls and his little train engineers cap (woot woot!) So yeah, I actually saw him work....once.

Oh, about 3-4 pounds.

If you ever need a straight man, I am for hire, cheap too!

I'm surprised.. at after the years of opulence.. he actually remembereed what the details it would take.. to move the tractor..

I just can't resist.

SoCrates

Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

SoCrates