GreaseSpot Cafe

You just can't make this stuff up

OldSkool

They would have a tough time pleading ignorance after all that's been brought out into the light of day.

They won't plead ignorance as much as they will blame the victim who let the adversary in...

• Upvote 1

It's too "negative" for da little itty bitty boy of gawd. Others digest the posts..

I mean, *they* don't want him distracted, or anything, do they?

They won't plead ignorance as much as they will blame the victim who let the adversary in...

Yeah, history will repeat itself..

I am unemployable, today. Mainly because of age. I'm fifty four.. who wants to provide some kind of reasonable health care package...

well. considering I've managed on myself to manage type II diabetes on my own dime.. the last two blood tests show that I have numbers that would indicate that I don't even have the disease..

A1C reading was five.

that is the lowest reading one can have. typical for non-diabetics.

two times in a row.. at about six month intervals.

even with my indulgence with red wine at times. That is my only sin here..

so there is no significant danger to damage to my heart, kidneys, etc..

I am unemployable, today. Mainly because of age. I'm fifty four.. who wants to provide some kind of reasonable health care package...

well. considering I've managed on myself to manage type II diabetes on my own dime.. the last two blood tests show that I have numbers that would indicate that I don't even have the disease..

A1C reading was five.

that is the lowest reading one can have. typical for non-diabetics.

two times in a row.. at about six month intervals.

even with my indulgence with red wine at times. That is my only sin here..

so there is no significant danger to damage to my heart, kidneys, etc..

Good for you,With your math skills,maybe wall st could use you.

Hey the same spin as twi,Ole vic said if it works why change it?wow rock ect.....

Junior must have heard that one.....

I've looked into that extent of darkness..

:biglaugh:

It takes more than *me*..

the non-english speaking coordinator of this curriculum..

"if you really are going to finish this, we must support you.."

so I have a few advocates here. Despite the fact that my GPA is 2.99. And officially, it is supposed to be 3.0.

maybe I have more friends, than I thought I had..

The mind-blowing part. They are non-English(primarily) speaking..

so SOMEBODY loves me..

why I don't know..

it was their choice..

Maybe it's the tongues of angels. Do they ever use the phrase, "Lo Shanta La Maka See Tay..."?

no, they speak the language of mathematics..

maybe that is the tongues of angels.. I dunno..

but.. maybe, just maybe.. the seed will take root.. the "greatness" will appear once again..

there is always somebody who knows a hell of a lot more than me.

I just hope he isn't a Dick. The last one, who crossed my path will qualify.

God Bless you friend, and congratulations on the award..

"I know some folks are going to think twice about those of us who went hitchhiking."

So, there you have it. He acknowledges hitch hiking is a questionable component of the program.

(Just like Grandpa scoffed at the dangers 30 years ago when he said, "You could get raped anywhere....")

Edited by waysider

Actually, rapes and DEATHS didn't stop the last program.

When vpw himself was addressed about the dangers of participants being RAPED

as the direct consequence of dangers he was REQUIRING that were not necessary

except for his arbitrary rules,

he went on the record, telling the Way Corps that they COULD get raped ANYWHERE,

so-despite him INCREASING the risk, he was going to keep insisting on putting them

deliberately in danger.

Obviously, he considered his program and his whims to be more important than

human lives, the lives of those for whom Christ died- since he chose to assign a

higher priority to his whims and program than to HUMAN LIVES.

So, bear with me....I am still trying to figure out the point of the original program and now its clone in SOWERS. People were to "believe" God to get them safely to rock climbing while purposely using a potentially dangerous method of transportation? I am confused. The point was actually to test God's trustworthiness? Sounds like it.

If that was the case, why not just take a plane, train, or automobile to their destination....climb that high cliff and throw themselves off? That way they could believe that God would send angels to minister to them. Same thing in a different form.

For a biblical research ministry...they sure missed some of the more obvious things in scripture...commands like "You shall not put the Lord your God to a test."

Believe God...test God...seems to boil down to the same thing when putting oneself in a dangerous situation just so God can get one out of a dangerous situation. I think there is a difference between presumption about God and actual obedience to God.....the LEAD program sounds like a great deal of presumption.

Edited by geisha779
  • Upvote 1

Does TWI still own the LEAD business in Tinnie? If not, I'm assuming it is open to the public and anyone can pay to participate. I don't recall if Tinnie was one of the properties they sold years ago to pay down their legal bills and out-of-court settlements. Anybody remember?

They are out of Tinnie to the best of my knowledge. The conduct lead around the Gunnison area. Well, except one recent year they did lead in John Bryant State Park in S.W. Ohio and did their duo time in the woods behind Founders Hall....prevailing, no?

I'm almost afraid to ask what "duo time" is. The woods behind Founder's Hall, is that the Way Woods? I don't know what Founder's Hall is, unless you mean the WOW Auditorium that I heard was built in the Way Woods. I left in '76 before all those new 'houses made with hands' went up.

I'm almost afraid to ask what "duo time" is. The woods behind Founder's Hall, is that the Way Woods? I don't know what Founder's Hall is, unless you mean the WOW Auditorium that I heard was built in the Way Woods. I left in '76 before all those new 'houses made with hands' went up.

Founders Hall was originally dorm style corps housing. Not sure when it was built. Check the pic I posted. They did duo in the north woods. Founders Hall woods sits in front of founders hall. Founders hall serves as staff housing now. Really poor amenities, but that is another post.

Duo is where you go off by yourself for 24 hours. Duo mean it's just you and God.

woods.jpg