GreaseSpot Cafe

You just can't make this stuff up

OldSkool

Founders Hall was originally dorm style corps housing. Not sure when it was built. Check the pic I posted. They did duo in the north woods. Founders Hall woods sits in front of founders hall. Founders hall serves as staff housing now. Really poor amenities, but that is another post.

Duo is where you go off by yourself for 24 hours. Duo mean it's just you and God.

woods.jpg

They used to call it "solo" but it always has to spin that "God" is with you.

Thanks for the info and image, OldSkool. All I remember at HQ during my time back in the mid-70s was the BRC, the Wierwille home, the barn (that's where I slept during summer school), some trailers, an office building that had showers for us, and the Way Woods down the road. They sure added a lot since then, I appreciate all the labels you provided in the image.

Duo is where you go off by yourself for 24 hours. Duo mean it's just you and God.

But but but if it's God in Christ IN you, then it's still just a solo, isn't it?

(in best Church Lady voice)

Or do we realllllyyyyyy haavvvvveee......

Another Jeeeesssuuusssssss???????????

:anim-smile::anim-smile::anim-smile:

Your welcome.

I'll tell you OS, looking at that image from where I'm sitting right now, I wonder if there ever is another tract of land that started out as a good wholesome German farm raising corn, etc. that has ever produced near the amount of horse manure that this one has.

I wonder if there ever is another tract of land that started out as a good wholesome German farm raising corn, etc. that has ever produced near the amount of horse manure that this one has.

Well, I would have to say that is Victoid's legacy.

It was called Total Fitness Institute then. The former numbnuts limb leader from WVA I knew was also a participant once, best I remember.

I always wondered how it worked out for John Somerville.. a Google search with his name in quotes yield practically nothing..

About 2 years ago, from a very reliable source, I heard he was conducting tours around Israel for John Hagee's ministry. J.S. taught O.T. history at HQ a very long time ago.

quote:

About 2 years ago, from a very reliable source, I heard he was conducting tours around Israel for John Hagee's ministry. J.S. taught O.T. history at HQ a very long time ago.

I like John Hagee. JS could be in worse hands. I see JH on TV every so often. He's passionate. Once I caught him talking about being in lover's lane waiting for the urge to merge. :biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

They've trademarked "LEAD" (!)

Victor and Stacy are "LEAD Staff" - administrative staff, maybe, but I wonder what their real climbing experience is?

Not into traveling light, are they? Those kids have the most enormous packs. I don't take half that apparent weight when I clear off into the bush for three weeks with all my food, kit and everything. Their party (camping) gear certainly isn't decent lightweight stuff.

I dunno. I could pick myself up.. and navigate my way across eight or nine hundred miles across country, if I had to.

What is supposed to be "Christian" about that?

I mean, really. I would know what I would need to bring..

what herbs, supplies, and so on I'd have to somehow acquire along the way..

stuff that would need to take the place of meds I currently take.

i.e. Garlic, Cinnamon.. yeah, it would "work"..

I dunno. I could pick myself up.. and navigate my way across eight or nine hundred miles across country, if I had to.

What is supposed to be "Christian" about that?

I mean, really. I would know what I would need to bring..

what herbs, supplies, and so on I'd have to somehow acquire along the way..

stuff that would need to take the place of meds I currently take.

i.e. Garlic, Cinnamon.. yeah, it would "work"..

If hitching is a "Christian activity", does that make this a hymn?

Edited by Broken Arrow

Looks like the new lead 2011 pics are posted.

http://sowersonline.com/default.aspx

Looks as if they might be able to climb rocks but spelling isn't part of their gig --- "Where Back!!!"

What does that mean, Sowers???? :rolleyes:

Edited by penworks

• 4 weeks later...

Well, he must, on a cognitive level, realize the cause of death and the dilemma it presents. I have seen no effort on his part to justify, explain or even rationalize the stark reality of the situation. Therefore, the only explanation that makes any sense, is that he really just doesn't care.----- Smile a lot, tell them what they want to hear and ride the gravy train.....just like dear old Gramps.

Edited by waysider