GreaseSpot Cafe

They tore out the wrong page....

OldSkool

When you are a organization that is dependent on donations to survive it is a very stupid thing to cut off a majority of your people from your organization because they have debt.

Wouldn't it be honest to tell these people not give anymore money until they have cleared the debt? I mean after all, if debt is so sinful it must be repugnant to God to accept their money when it is owed to someone else?

But Rosie you tore out the wrong pages from Wierwille's play book. All that money you are using to run your cornfield cult came from donations, or investments from those donations. We know Wierwille would take money from just about anyone and allow them to stick around "as long as their money held out!"

Nope, Rosie thinks it's a good thing to have a smaller organization with more people walking out the doors than walking in. I know for a fact she thinks all the people who have been sacrificed to the no debt alter are wrong and can suffer the consequences. I know she considers her policy and punishments God's will. And if in doing "God's" will no one is left standing then that is the way it goes. After all, God's people are a remnant. :confused:

Sooner or later all the ploys will run out as well. Busing in people to the service to fill the house, work/study program to have enough staff to run the advance class and mask the otherwise empty house. Yep, sooner or later the ministry kids will start thinning out as well. You know, the same kids who goto the advanced class, way disciple, and a few even trickle into the way corps.

Anywho. :anim-smile:

Wouldn't it be honest to tell these people not give anymore money until they have cleared the debt? I mean after all, if debt is so sinful it must be repugnant to God to accept their money when it is owed to someone else?

There's a good point. Now they circumvent that in their tithing/ABS teachings by teaching people to pay their debt to God first, then to man, meaning their debt to God is sending in money to TWI. But examine the logic of that for a second, as you brought up.

Any debt to God has to be obeying His commandments, right? And if their teaching is accurate on debt, then if God's commandment is not to be in debt, then that would supercede their obligation to an earthly ministry, right? All of that is so convoluted it's a catch-22. And their logic gets even more convoluted, right? You quoted R1c* M*gn3lli a while back stating that he believed that welfare was designed by God so believers didn't have to go into debt.

What the end effect of this produces is basically keeping people poor and on welfare. All the money you have to get out of debt quicker has to have a large portion going to TWI. This prolongs the debt. If you can get out of debt by preying upon relatives, or getting bailed out by the taxpayers in your community, oh then that's God's will.

Whatever happened to each person counting for one? Why does TWI promulgate having such burdens on society?

You quoted R1c* M*gn3lli a while back stating that he believed that welfare was designed by God so believers didn't have to go into debt.

He told me that personally during a conversation regarding my own situation at the time. The context was medical debt.

Whatever happened to each person counting for one? Why does TWI promulgate having such burdens on society?

To quote Karl Marx "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

Seems Rosie, Rico, and the gang are in good company.

Wasn't Rico Magnelli the Public Affairs/Media guy for the Way at one time, or still is?

If that was his advice to you oldtimer it was likely dispensed to others.

Welfare designed by God? Dunno, it may not work at cross purposes to God, but I doubt it was designed by God Himself for those times when the Wayfers could use it. He's an idiot, sounds like. It historically has served both the poor and the unemployed. How convenient that God Himself designater'd the Welfare system to serve the Wayfers. All those unbelieving swines paying in, just for them. Sweet deal, and they like sweet deals, don't they?

More clearly, if you were on staff at the time, he was telling you to use the same resources that anyone else would when they're in need. Nothing wrong with that. Tying it in to God though is the kind of usual b-sh-t ill - logic they use to feel special and get you to do what they want. .

I guess. Having seen and heard some of the lying swill he produced over the Way Woods issue several years ago, if he said the sun was out in June, I'd go outside to check. :rolleyes:

When you are a organization that is dependent on donations to survive it is a very stupid thing to cut off a majority of your people from your organization because they have debt.

TWI had the perfect business model. A product (PFAL) with a huge profit margin, employees with no benefits, no rights, and barely subsistence wages, no taxes, and free advertizing. How can you manage to screw that up?

Edited by Jim

I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum this morning.

Sorry.

==================================================

"God invented welfare for the Way-fers"

fascinating concept

I've known people who've been on welfare...not exactly living a "more abundant life", by any stretch. Whatever happened to the hype they used to peddle regarding John 10:10?

"You see, kids, Gawd made the Moon out of green cheese because He knew, in His foreknowledge, when Way-fers finally set foot on its soil, after a long and treacherous journey, just how Gawd Almighty hungry they will be."

Can I get an Amen?

speaking of tearing out a page..

the little book on the second floor of der almighty verd over da world auditorium..

it had a list of "contributors". My name was in this book. Is it, the book still there?

Just wonder.

I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum this morning.

Sorry.

==================================================

"God invented welfare for the Way-fers"

fascinating concept

I've known people who've been on welfare...not exactly living a "more abundant life", by any stretch. Whatever happened to the hype they used to peddle regarding John 10:10?

"You see, kids, Gawd made the Moon out of green cheese because He knew, in His foreknowledge, when Way-fers finally set foot on its soil, after a long and treacherous journey, just how Gawd Almighty hungry they will be."

Can I get an Amen?

as far as the moon is concerned.. I think they are more excited about finding water there..

:biglaugh:

enough water in some remote location in the cosmos, and in short order it can become a paradise..