GreaseSpot Cafe

What were your expectations for the A.C.?

waysider

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It served a lot of different interests to mysticize this stuff and give it a lot of Ooooh factor."

The A.C. needed lots of Oooh! factor to cover up the yaaaawn factor. :yawn1:

And....running parallel to the Ooooh Factor and the Yawn Factor as the material was presented day after day,

was the herding from place to place, the release groups, and the manipulative machinery providing a Covert Factor.

Huh. What were my expectations? I'm sure my needs and wants weren't parallel anyway, and I didn't

recognize that God's ability equaled his willingness so there were no expectations really. I was trying to

put another diploma on my wall. :cryhug_1_:

The newly, unimproved whitewashed class is no better. Craig taught his version of the advanced class to complete the way of abundance and power series. And it was very long and boring, with him screaming his head off towards the beginning of the class and many, many hours of him reading old testament records with comments smattered throughout in a monotone voice.

Actually, OldSkool, the AC was recorded way before all the rest of it. The AC was recorded about 1992 or 1993. Then (I think) the Intermediate. Finally the Foundational one, WAP (which happily I never endured).

And now Rosie has re-done them....

To help clarify....

OldSkool....your post is referring to Martindale's WAP class series, and completed it in 1998.

Twinky......yes, martindale did tweak and update wierwille's adv class in 1992. This class was to rally the advanced class grads to his side AND counter what geer was doing across the pond. But.....in 1996, martindale taught the foundational class of The Way of Abundance and Power. In 1997....martindale taught (videotaped) the intermediate class. And, in 1998.....martindale taught the adv class. Then, there was major hoopla at headquarters as Rev. B!ll Gr33n, the trunk coordinator, presented martindale with special gifts and adoration for this NEW, IMPROVED CLASS SERIES.

OldSkool....your post is referring to Martindale's WAP class series, and completed it in 1998.

You have jarred my memory. All of the class activity is a bit confusing during those years. I became involved in 1996 and took the first round of classes for the new WAP series. My first advanced class was in 1998 and was the first round of classes for the new AC. I remember now when Martindale was filming the AC because there were live STS teachings on the field for several Sundays while he filmed.

I understand the confusion now between me and Twinky. The advanced class that was tweaked in 92 was not referred to as Wierwille's class but Martindale's.

Ever get the feeling these cult leaders are a bit wacko?? :biglaugh:

Just referring to two different classes. Martindale updated the advanced class....TWICE.

He always said he was here to establish. :rolleyes:

or is it...

Never have time to do things right, but always have time to do things twice? :confused:

With all the different classes, newer updates and different splinter groups teaching their versions....

it's not surprising at all to see some confusion.

Actually.....in looking at Twinky's statement, it seems to be the pattern from GEER'S CLASSES.

Didn't geer teach his adv class.....THEN, intermediate class.....THEN, foundational class????

Actually, OldSkool, the AC was recorded way before all the rest of it. The AC was recorded about 1992 or 1993. Then (I think) the Intermediate. Finally the Foundational one, WAP (which happily I never endured).

Yet.....

1992 ----- Martindale presented vpw's advanced class.....with live teachings and augmented segments

1996 ----- Foundational Class......The Way of Abundance and Power series (martindale)

1997 ----- Intermediat Class.......The Way of Abundance and Power series (martindale)

1998 ----- Advanced Class..........The Way of Abundance and Power series (martindale)

The AC that LCM taught in 1992 was supposed to be new, not just rehash of VPW's.

I suppose we were given some reason. I could look in my journals for the relevant time and see what pearls of wisdom were dispensed. But would any such reasons given be true anyway? Wouldn't be the first time the "truth" has changed well after the event.

I didn't know he'd done another in 1998.

Then, there was major hoopla at headquarters as Rev. B!ll Gr33n, the trunk coordinator, presented martindale with special gifts and adoration for this NEW, IMPROVED CLASS SERIES.

Huh. Don't know what I just did but that's pretty cool. skyrider, so what's up with Rev. Gr&&n. He used to be one of the people

who I looked up to. Did he get out?

Huh. Don't know what I just did but that's pretty cool. skyrider, so what's up with Rev. Gr&&n. He used to be one of the people

who I looked up to. Did he get out?

Last I knew he was in Atlanta, and also a region coordinator. Really, he had one of the few successful fellowships/branches in the country, his was actually growing.

@Twinky

The Advanced Class in 1992 was not an Advanced class per se. It was supposed to be on discerning of spirits (more or less). It was billed as an Advanced Class Special.

d

edited to remove the extra posts -- who knows how that happened?

Edited by krys

Yeah, Krys, I remember that...I was on Bev Crew.

But he'd already recorded the AC itself. Then decided to teach it live to everyone. He'd already practised on the inrez WC, recorded some stuff...

We got a nice presentation photo ... which I may still have ...

D'ya know what? I just don't care. It's all a load of .... [supply your own description].

The spirit that they really couldn't discern was the spirit of God!!!! And if they can't discern that...why bother with anything else.