GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

3 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Let's see.   Setting between Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 (IM2 ends with Thor's hammer as a teaser.)   It was a JOKE that it was part of the MCU, so it wasn't an MCU show- which makes sense because MAoS was the only one I remember for then and Fury would be conspicuous there. Correct. An MCU appearance would have been a joke not taken seriously at all by anyone.

If I wanted a cameo as a fast food restaurant patron, I'd expect the show either had a fast food restaurant as a regular setting and set, or have something like SNL where they set up anything whenever they feel like it. Define "regular."  It was a TV show, not a movie. Correct. 

This show either had to be run by geeks [To an extent that is true because of the sceintific consultations involved], or by people with a fantastic sense of humor, otherwise, why think they'd slip Nick Fury into a background? This was the only part of the guess that was completely off base. The producers did not want to slip Nick Fury into the background and I am confident, without evidence, that they did not consider it for more than a few minutes... and then only because it would have been so cool. But that is ALL speculation.

So, based on all that, I'm going with "THE BIG BANG THEORY."  NO. We have the rough time-frame, we have geeks, we have comedy, AND multiple sets with places to eat (primarily The Cheesecake Factory, but sometimes a Chinese restaurant or somewhere else.) "Geeks" overstates that element (hint) of the show, not a comedy, and I can't think of very many shows that have no "places to eat" settings.

In case I wasn't clear, Big Bang Theory was incorrect, and THOR (the first movie) is crucial to an accurate guess.

One of the major characters is played by an actor who is not Jewish. At first, when he read the character's name, the actor said he shouldn't be cast BECAUSE he's not Jewish. But he learned that the character, despite his name, is not Jewish either. It's a deliberate choice on the character's part to let people THINK he's Jewish, because a Jewish person in his line of work is common.

Decent guesses, but no.

I keep going back to Why Thor? [I'll do you one better...]

If a show features lawyers and law enforcement but is not about them, who's it about? 

The fast food restaurant sold chicken.

1. The show was a drama.

2. It featured lawyers and law enforcement as major supporting characters, but not as main characters.

3. To the best of my memory, there were no courtroom scenes, though I might be mistaken. Certainly none of major significance to the overall storyline.

4. Some scenes are set in a fast food chicken restaurant.

5. Samuel L. Jackson once showed up on set in costume as Nick Fury. He wanted a cameo as a patron of the fast food chicken restaurant. He was declined.

6. This is ME speculating, but had he gotten his wish, the cameo would logically have a connection with the events or the aftermath of the first Thor movie. [Why Thor? I'll do you one better... not who...]

7. If it featured law ENFORCEMENT, and LAWYERS, but was not ABOUT them, who was it about?

There was a spinoff series almost as highly acclaimed as this one.

The spinoff was ABOUT the Gentile lawyer with the Jewish name.

Mundane: (adj.) of this earthly world rather than a heavenly or spiritual one

Edited by Raf

When Thor was banished to earth, it was in New Mexico. Gives Nick Fury an opportunity to visit Los Pollos Hermanos, the front business used by Gustavo Fring to hide the fact that he's one of the biggest Meth manufacturers in the country. And Walter White needs him out of the way. Walter White's lawyer is Saul Goodman. Not a Jew. And his brother in law is Hank Schraeder, DEA agent.

ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE BINGE WATCH if you haven't done it already.