GreaseSpot Cafe

Ummmm.... Awkward.

JavaJane

OldSkool, that reverend is your wife's FAVORITE reverend.

That's just nasty, or as my son would say (with emphasis added) yuc-KAH!

I really imagined them as some doofus, 20 something, not know any better, young couple. ewwwwww... :knuddel:

We used to call Rico "Rico the Robot."

I just remembered another incident: my Limb coordinator wife (new to the area) telling me and a couple of other single girls how after she got married she and her husband would HAVE to pull over and have sex on the side of the road all the time and that all married people did that.

Weirdo.

*edited for spelling

Well... I have it on good authority that it's not limited to married people...

Back in '74 I was hitching from MI to Fla. I got dropped off on the Fla turnpike at 4AM or so. It isn't legal to hitch on the turnpike but at 4AM not much risk so I stuck my thumb out and a car stopped. I go up to it and the windows were steamed up jeez. I walked past them and they drove past me again. I finally got a ride, but what morons. I heard stories from truckers about couples who would drive their cars in the next lane slightly ahead of the truck and put on a show for the guy's viewing pleasure.

Yeah, as far as things that were said, we were in our own world. I did have one limb leader who made an issue about not wanting to hear any believers say GD. It's almost like, if we swear then these unbelievers will think we're cool and be more receptive to our message. Might work once out of ten, but backfire the other times.

Social ineptness in twi was rampant. Some people just seemed to have no clue what was appropriate to talk about and what wasn't - or what was appropriate physical contact with members of the opposite sex, and then there were people who would think anything hey said couldn't be offensive because they were "joking."

I think part of the cause was the idea that "all things are clean for those that are clean."

As an example:

My Way Disciple team leader thought it was fine to tell everyone that I was sleeping with him when we were out witnessing - because he was "joking."

I'm sure there are lots of other stories out there. Please share so we can all have an awkward laugh. I'll post more as I think of them, but I think I smell something burning and better get off the computer.

Sexual and other romantic experiences create mighty bonds between people, and I think TWI attempted to play that truth to their advantage. Such bonds, in tandem with the bond of knowing the Word like nobody else on earth knew it, make indelible marks upon young and impressionable hearts. Our hearts were all knit together, as you may recall hearing. More than just awkward sexual stumble and fumble moments, I look at such episodes as part of a plan to keep the keedz together, and to keep those abundant sharing checks coming into HQ.

I somehow missed the actively sexual aspects of TWI involvement, never got laid even once. But I did get dinged by sexual temptation. Lots of it. Looooots of it.

Sexual and other romantic experiences create mighty bonds between people, and I think TWI attempted to play that truth to their advantage. Such bonds, in tandem with the bond of knowing the Word like nobody else on earth knew it, make indelible marks upon young and impressionable hearts.
thank you for that. these days i look at this "crap" from an adult's point of view, but back than no way was i an adult. i was looking up to -- what i thought were -- godly adults

not to different from when i was a child and looked up to relatives who created such bonds

Edited by excathedra