GreaseSpot Cafe

boone / valdise NC

excathedra

Ex, Hickory is 40 miles from Boone, home of Appalachian State University, and Valdese is about 6 miles east of Morganton. I have lived in this area since 1968 except for 10 years living in Burlington.

http://www.timbullard.com/TheWay.htm

sorry i didn't spell valdese correctly -- i don't know how to change it

i never heard of these places until i was in NC way marketing with kevin who was from valdese -- i totally loved how he said the name of his town with that accent !

Looking back, I can see the whole thing was one big sales campaign....and we were the unwitting sales force.

i don't know twinky -- sorry if there was

--

thomas, my aunt is a nun in the Appalachian Mountains and has been serving there forever. i think she's in virginia or maybe it's west virginia. she did tons of work with the people and hillbilly heroin. she went to washington and stuff.

--

i liked burlington.

k*vin was (is) a good guy, at least the best I can tell. And I have never heard witness otherwise. I kinda wish he didn't get caught up in the middle of this nonsense..

his dad was cool though..

didn't let a few dumbass religious beliefs get between him and his son..

"but I'll stick to being a Presbyterian" or something like that..

:biglaugh:

• 4 weeks later...

Gigou is a French name that was used by the Waldensians, a precursor of the Moravian/Bohemian Brethern/Unitas Fratum. The name is based on Peter Waldo from northern Italy, the valdois or valley. Kevin is a distant 5th cousin to my late father through his 1st cousin's wife. Personally I hold no grudge against him or Sara(a victim herself in many ways)