GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

• 4 weeks later...

No.

Although this movie has a plot, its main purpose seems to be the star mocking his earlier roles, and the larger franchise, in general.

This was the first R-rated movie to open above $100 million at the U.S. box office. (On April Fool's Day, the star tweeted that it would be rated PG-13, causing intense rage in the character's fans. He admitted the prank, and said it would be R.)

George

How about The Dark Knight, although Heath Ledger was not the star :excl:/> :excl:/> ?

No. In "The Dark Knight," Heath Ledger did not mock his previous roles. Nor, for that matter, did Christian Bale.

And "The Dark Knight" actually WAS PG-13.

This movie is more recent, though you have the basic genre correct.

George

No. In "The Dark Knight," Heath Ledger did not mock his previous roles. Nor, for that matter, did Christian Bale.

And "The Dark Knight" actually WAS PG-13.

This movie is more recent, though you have the basic genre correct.

George

You do like your villain hero movies George, don't you.

Deadpool.

Right

in the film, Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) quips about not wanting to wear a green (or CGI) costume, about how Ryan Reynolds has made it on his looks, not his acting ability, how the budget for the film is so low that they only use two of the X-Men in the film, etc., etc.

George

The last shot filmed for this movie (not the last shot OF the movie, the last shot filmed) was shot the day after the movie already won the Academy Award for Best Picture.

That leaves quite a scope here Raf. Films are often edited after release with additional features eg, deleted scenes, alternate endings, etc, not to mention special releases eg, 25th anniversary, un-cut relasse, etc. but I'll give a go.

Lincoln?

The original and remake have some trivia I like, at any rate.

-In the original, one member of the principal cast didn't stay at the same hotel as the others.

-The writer was a gas-station attendant who handed the script to one of the actors while

filming up his car.

-Significant dialogue was often ad-libbed- in many cases, improving on the official script

as they bantered.

-In the remake, a scene eating a shrimp cocktail was reshot. By the time it was done,

the actor had eaten 40 shrimps. (It's not his only scene in the movie where

he's eating on-camera.)

-One character kept his name from the original, the rest were all renamed.

-Four of the actors have appeared in "Friends", (but I doubt this movie was meant to

reunite them.)

============

I think you guys can figure it out from that. I don't want to make this TOO easy.