GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

It is.

In the

"Jolly Holiday" sequence, a number of ladies are compared to Mary

The "magic medicine" and "Mary pulls everything out of her bag" shots were a surprise to the kids.

"Michael" was afraid of heights, so he was bribed to do the floating tea party scene.

"Saving Mr. Banks" was about the origin of the MP movie.

George

Bump. (Human is up.)

George

Forfeit my turn..

FREE POST just kidding

The leading actor in this movie turned down his role 5 times until he finally took the part. He didn't like it until the script was rewritten. He thought it was too special-effects oriented. Others who were considered for the lead role were Brad Pitt, John Cusack, Christian Slater and Edward Norton. After its release, a lawsuit was filed claiming that a sculpture featuring human forms in some of the scenes resembled that of the sculpture ++En nihilo++

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hart_1.jpg#/media/File:Hart_1.jpg

by Frederick Hart and infringed on his copywrites.

A settlement was reached after threatening the video release of the picture for Warner Bros. who edited the scenes in future releases as well as attaching stickers to the unedited vertions that stated there was no relation between the sculpture in the film and Hart's work.

Edited by Human without the bean

The leading actor in this movie turned down his role 5 times until he finally took the part. He didn't like it until the script was rewritten. He thought it was too special-effects oriented. Others who were considered for the lead role were Brad Pitt, John Cusack, Christian Slater and Edward Norton.

I need to correct something. Those actors whom I mentioned were not considered for the lead role but for the co-star role. I was checking out some trivia and I found that. The co-star is an icon as well as the lead actor. Apparently, Tom Hanks has turned down quite a few roles. Jerry Maquire, Ray Kinsella in Field of Dreams, and Andy Dufresne in Shawshank Redemption to name a few.

But were getting off track.

Forfeit my turn..

FREE POST just kidding

The leading actor in this movie turned down his role 5 times until he finally took the part. He didn't like it until the script was rewritten. He thought it was too special-effects oriented. Others who were considered for the lead role were Brad Pitt, John Cusack, Christian Slater and Edward Norton. After its release, a lawsuit was filed claiming that a sculpture featuring human forms in some of the scenes resembled that of the sculpture ++En nihilo++

https://en.wikipedia...File:Hart_1.jpg

by Frederick Hart and infringed on his copywrites.

A settlement was reached after threatening the video release of the picture for Warner Bros. who edited the scenes in future releases as well as attaching stickers to the unedited vertions that stated there was no relation between the sculpture in the film and Hart's work.

I pulled this from IMDB in hopes on moving things a bit. They listed these movies to have a connection with my movie clues.

Rosemary's Baby

The Bonfire of the Vanities

Scent of a Woman

The Firm

Needful Things

Wild guess: Mission Impossible?

George

Nope. This is not a Tom Cruise movie. As far as the film goes, the art is only central to the main character. It's not a building that holds some significance. It's a focal part of the persona of the main character. ( as in he turned it down 5 times, that's him)

Here's another clue.

The picture makes a few allusions to Paradise Lost, a poem by Fifteenth century poet John Milton. "Better to reign in hell, than serve in Heaven". [ not something that I believe, personally].

It's got to be "the Devil's Advocate."

I pulled this from IMDB in hopes on moving things a bit. They listed these movies to have a connection with my movie clues.

Rosemary's Baby

The Bonfire of the Vanities

Scent of a Woman

The Firm

Needful Things

If I were to try to find a movie connecting "Rosemary's Baby" with "the Firm",

that leaves me with only one possible movie, which gives me "Scent of a Woman"

even before Milton's name comes up.

"Scent of a Woman" is relevant as a Pacino movie, but that's it.

It does confirm the rest, however.

It's got to be "the Devil's Advocate."

If I were to try to find a movie connecting "Rosemary's Baby" with "the Firm",

that leaves me with only one possible movie, which gives me "Scent of a Woman"

even before Milton's name comes up.

"Scent of a Woman" is relevant as a Pacino movie, but that's it.

It does confirm the rest, however.

That is the correct answer WordWolf. Pacino turned down the role in "the Devil's Advocate" of John Milton (Lucifer) 5 times before playing the role. Critics of Keanu Reeves gave him credit for portraying what they thought was a believable character as he lawyer Kevin Lomax. Brad Pitt, Edward Norton and Christian Slater and John Cusack were also considered for his role. I would have rather seen Ed Norton or John Cusack play that role myself. But I'm a fan of Reeves also. He did a good job too.

I think the movie was underrated. Pacino hit it out of the park.

Your up Sir.

There were 2 different movies, both adaptations of the same source material,

both with the same title. One was a black-and-white released in 1940,

the other was a color film released in 1959. Both were comedies, but the

1959 version was also a musical. The 1940 version had Buster Keaton in it,

and Louise, his little sister, who had one line. The 1959 version had

Julie Newmar in it. (Buried in scenes in the 1959 were also Valerie Harper,

Beth Rowland, and Jerry Lewis.) The 1959 version appears to have been

based on a theatrical musical.

There were 2 different movies, both adaptations of the same source material,

both with the same title. One was a black-and-white released in 1940,

the other was a color film released in 1959. Both were comedies, but the

1959 version was also a musical. The 1940 version had Buster Keaton in it,

and Louise, his little sister, who had one line. The 1959 version had

Julie Newmar in it. (Buried in scenes in the 1959 were also Valerie Harper,

Beth Rowland, and Jerry Lewis.) The 1959 version appears to have been

based on a theatrical musical.

The 1959 version includes references to the race on Sadie Hawkins Day.

This describes the only scene I remember from the movie:

When filming the scene where the other crew members remove attacking antibodies from "Ms. Peterson" for the first time, director Richard Fleischer allowed the actors to grab what they pleased. Gentlemen all, they specifically avoided removing them from Raquel Welch's breasts, with an end result that the director described as a "Las Vegas showgirl" effect. Fleischer pointed this out to the cast members - and on the second try, the actors all reached for her breasts. Finally the director realized that he would have to choreograph who removed what from where, and the result is seen in the final cut.

:B) George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

This describes the only scene I remember from the movie:

When filming the scene where the other crew members remove attacking antibodies from "Ms. Peterson" for the first time, director Richard Fleischer allowed the actors to grab what they pleased. Gentlemen all, they specifically avoided removing them from Raquel Welch's breasts, with an end result that the director described as a "Las Vegas showgirl" effect. Fleischer pointed this out to the cast members - and on the second try, the actors all reached for her breasts. Finally the director realized that he would have to choreograph who removed what from where, and the result is seen in the final cut.

Hmmm...let's see...a movie featuring Raquel Welch where antibodies would be of a relative size such that people could remove them from her...

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

Hmmm...let's see...a movie featuring Raquel Welch where antibodies would be of a relative size such that people could remove them from her...

George

I don't know who was in it,

but the original "Fantastic Voyage" might match the description.

(Me, I remember the unrelated cartoon.

Ted Knight always made narration sound so important.)

• 2 weeks later...