GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

No? Hmmm.

No? Hmmm.

Ah. I had the right movie, but i thought Connery was in it because I confused it with The Rock.

That reminds me of...

I'm rambling, aren't i?

Snapping out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

This movie(A) is based on a true story.

In the movie(A), one of the main characters goes to the movies. The movie(B) he sees is actually based on his life, a little loosely. The movie(B) (a real movie you've probably seen, with lots of quotable lines and four sequels) was loosely based on the same story as movie(A).

The real life person portrayed in movie(A) attended a premiere screening.

Which means, a man went to see a movie, where he saw a man playing himself going to see a movie where a man plays himself.

The genre is crime.

Name either movie(A) or movie(B)

Edited by Raf

This movie(A) is based on a true story.

In the movie(A), one of the main characters goes to the movies. The movie(B) he sees is actually based on his life, a little loosely. The movie(B) (a real movie you've probably seen, with lots of quotable lines and four sequels) was loosely based on the same story as movie(A). Astrological signs figure prominently.

The real life person portrayed in movie(A) attended a premiere screening.

Which means, a man went to see a movie, where he saw a man playing himself going to see a movie where a man plays himself.

The genre is crime.

Name either movie(A) or movie(B)

Dirty Harry tracked a serial killer named Scorpio. It was loosely based on San Francisco detective David Toschi, who investigated the Zodiac murders.

In the movie Zodiac, the character Toschi sees Dirty Harry.

Toschi, the real guy, attended a screening of Zodiac, and watched an actor playing him going to the movies to watch ANOTHER actor playing him.

Sudden Impact is the movie that gave us the line "Go ahead. Make my day." Arguably as famous as (paraphrasing) "You feeling lucky, punk?"

Edited by Raf

OK.. This movie is a remake of a Hitchcock film. Half of the plot was rewritten or altered and all the characters names were changed. Any guesses. :biglaugh:/>. Just kidding

When a bond fund broker is caught making illegal investments he hires a con-artist to kill his young and rich wife. The plan is altered when the con-artist learns of the brokers wealth and tries to extort money for himself. Meanwhile, Gwyneth Paltrow is acquitted of a double murder.

• 2 weeks later...

In this musical, one of the songs has the lead female character compared with 19 other women: Mavis and Sybil [have ways that are winning,] Prudence and Gwendolyn [set your heart spinning,] Phoebe [delightful,] Maude [is disarming,] Janis, Felicia, Lydia [charming,] Cynthia [dashing,] Vivian ['s sweet,] Stephanie [smashing,] Priscilla [a treat,] Veronica, Millicent, Agnes, Jane [convivial company time and again,] Doris, Phyllis, Glynis [of sorts, I'll agree are three jolly good sports].

The child actors were kept in the dark about certain "magical" sequences, so that their expressions of awe were real.

One of the children was afraid of heights, so he was coaxed with a 10-cent "bonus" for every take of a "floating" scene.

George

A worthy guess, but incorrect.

(At least as of 2006) this Disney film won the greatest number of Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Actress, Lead Role.

A 2013 film described the backstory and making of this film.

In this musical, one of the songs has the lead female character compared with 19 other women: Mavis and Sybil [have ways that are winning,] Prudence and Gwendolyn [set your heart spinning,] Phoebe [delightful,] Maude [is disarming,] Janis, Felicia, Lydia [charming,] Cynthia [dashing,] Vivian ['s sweet,] Stephanie [smashing,] Priscilla [a treat,] Veronica, Millicent, Agnes, Jane [convivial company time and again,] Doris, Phyllis, Glynis [of sorts, I'll agree are three jolly good sports].

The child actors were kept in the dark about certain "magical" sequences, so that their expressions of awe were real.

One of the children was afraid of heights, so he was coaxed with a 10-cent "bonus" for every take of a "floating" scene.

George

A worthy guess, but incorrect.

(At least as of 2006) this Disney film won the greatest number of Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Actress, Lead Role.

A 2013 film described the backstory and making of this film.

George

Sound of Music just had a documentary about the making of it. But that wasn't Disney.

Is it Mary Poppins?

Is it Mary Poppins?

It is.

In the

"Jolly Holiday" sequence, a number of ladies are compared to Mary

The "magic medicine" and "Mary pulls everything out of her bag" shots were a surprise to the kids.

"Michael" was afraid of heights, so he was bribed to do the floating tea party scene.

"Saving Mr. Banks" was about the origin of the MP movie.

George