GreaseSpot Cafe

Super Hero TV

Raf

• 3 weeks later...

Flash is somehow getting better. Arrow is getting worse. And Legends of Tomorrow is... less than impressive. Captain Cold is.the.MAN. But I think DC is messing up on a villain that could/should be a formidable enemy of the entire Justice League.

Supergirl is pretty good. The most recent episode was the best.

And did you catch all the Easter Eggs in the latest Flash? Jonah Hex!

WordWolf, stop reading.

WordWolf, stop reading.

WordWolf, stop reading.

WordWolf, stop reading.

WordWolf, stop reading.

A Legion ring. A glimpse of Supergirl, a version of Green Arrow that looked a little off, Jonah Hex, John Wesley Shipp's Flash (THAT was awesome).

I also liked the numbers on Barry's speed dial, but why would he know these people, and why would they be on his speed dial, if he's not the Flash in Earth 2? Diana, Bruce, Hal. Why would Earth-2's Barry Allen know these people?

Speaking of which, on Earth-2, Zoom is NOT: Ronnie, Cisco, Harrison Wells, Barry or Joe. Other possibilities? Eddie Thawne and... shudder... Henry Allen!

Edited by Raf

When did these things become "Easter eggs"?

George

WordWolf, stop reading.

WordWolf, stop reading.

WordWolf, stop reading.

WordWolf, stop reading.

WordWolf, stop reading.

A Legion ring. A glimpse of Supergirl, a version of Green Arrow that looked a little off, Jonah Hex, John Wesley Shipp's Flash (THAT was awesome).

I also liked the numbers on Barry's speed dial, but why would he know these people, and why would they be on his speed dial, if he's not the Flash in Earth 2? Diana, Bruce, Hal. Why would Earth-2's Barry Allen know these people?

My TV is old-school (38" CRT). Not only didn't I see who was on Barry's speed dial, I usually miss texts and typing, which would probably show up on a 4' high-def TV. :(

George

I first heard "Easter Egg" as an item on a movie's DVD that wasn't on the menu. You would literally have to hunt for it, click on exactly the right spot, and BOOM! a hidden video.

There are some great ones in the Lord of the Rings extended edition DVDs.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost caught up. Watched the prison break episode of LOT and loved it.

Flash remains the best of the bunch. Arrow is losing steam.

I don't know anything about Vixen. It really seemed like a deus ex machina in the show. But then, so did Constantine.

Apparently, Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, and the web cartoon Vixen exist in what's jokingly referred to as the "Arrowverse." (I guess Constantine dwells there, as well.) The upcoming Flash/Supergirl crossover will involve Barry entering another universe. He's getting adept at that. :)

As for Vixen, I seem to remember her in the comics as simply saying, for instance, that she was using the power of a rhino, while blasting through something. When she appeared in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon, her presentation was more as it was on Arrow; i.e., a ghost image of the animal was superimposed over her during her amimal episodes. I think it worked pretty well.

George

I don't think "Arrowverse" is a joking moniker. But ok.

I also don't think Legends of Tomorrow is working. I'd like to see them wrap this show up quickly.

Vandal Savage is a fantastic character, but I truly feel he's being wasted. I don't know. I'll keep watching, I guess.

I also don't think Legends of Tomorrow is working. I'd like to see them wrap this show up quickly.

Vandal Savage is a fantastic character, but I truly feel he's being wasted. I don't know. I'll keep watching, I guess.

Well, the cast IS dwindling. :rolleyes:/>

So, what REALLY happened to Heat Wave?

As for Vixen being deus ex machina, does that make Chronos diabolus ex machina? Whenever they need something to screw up a mission, there he is. :)/>

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

It was motion picture quality. Standing ovation here. The surrender/arrest near the end was so moving.

WORDWOLF DON'T LOOK

WORDWOLF DON'T LOOK

WORDWOLF DON'T LOOK

WORDWOLF DON'T LOOK (until you've seen the episode)

I don't get why HH/JJ surrendered. Although his presence was recorded on a number of cell phones, etc., I doubt anyone recorded his transformation. He could have simply gone invisible, gotten out of view, and changed back to HH.

George

Good news, Raf! LoT renewed for a second season! This makes me wonder two things:

Will the focus of the show change in the second season? It's hard to imagine that they'll continue to chase Vandal Savage year after year (pun intended).

Are they trying to see if a Justice League show could work? Note that, excluding Heat Wave, and changing White Canary with Black Canary, all of the "Legends" have been Justice Leaguers at one time or another. It wouldn't be hard to add Flash and Green Arrow, since we're already in the "Arrowverse." Maybe pull in Superman and Martian Manhunter from the "Supergirlverse." LoT could just be a test run to see how the logistics of a JLA show would work.

George

Before I move on to Supergirl, a note about Gotham: Pee-Wee Herman as Penguin's dad? Where have I seen that before? Oh, right: Batman Returns! :)/>

The best part of the latest Supergirl: Chocos! These Oreo-like treats were introduced by Keith Giffen during his run on Justice League. Intended as a joke (as was most of his Justice League), J'onn's craving for them has remained as official lore. Whereas Power Girl might have gotten surly from over-caffeinated drinks, J'onn was a hulking brute when deprived of his Chocos:

MarsNeedsChocos+p3.jpg

George