Jump to content
GreaseSpot Cafe
skyrider

Planting a cult.........one weed at a time

Recommended Posts

In December 1957.....when wierwille started his independent undertaking of The Way, Inc., he was stumbling into the unknown.

For 10 years (1957-1967), wierwille drove from city to city teaching B.G. Leonard's class, The Gifts of the Spirit, to mostly church people.  By teaching 9-12 classes a year, wierwille was reaching an estimate of 200-275 new people each year.  Yet, in 1960......the Troy/Piqua followers wanted vpw to move his operation from Van Wert to their area, NOT the wierwille farm.  So, when Vic and Harry decided that the wierwille homestead was going to be the new headquarters of twi........a Troy/Piqua exodus was their response.

Wierwille ran class after class in the 60's..............and the percentages of who committed to wierwille's "ministry" were dismal.

Notice:  Neither vpw or mrs. w document any signs, miracles or wonders from God during these early-to-mid 1960s.  They have to reach back to the India trip or Van Wert days to fabricate anything of substance that would indicate the working of holy spirit.  Seems like 1960-1967.........wierwille was in the wilderness [until the filming of pfal].

The filming of pfal in 1967 was wierwille's attempt to stay relevant.  Wierwille NEEDED a steady stream of money (tithing)......or else, failure was imminent.  This new pfal class was designed with a subliminal, subterfuge agenda.......to strip new students from their family, church, higher education and community and set up a new cult family.  All of the support systems were to be undermined and eliminated.....and replaced.  No, wierwille did not have some devious master plan behind this........just a narcissistic appetite that needed fed and the exploitation of the youth was a means to that end. 

Was wierwille planting a garden?  Nope.

Wierwille was planting a cult........one deceptive weed at a time.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yessssss!   A weed "garden" geared towards the production of one specific type of flower....

The Narcissist Red Rose!  And surrounding dandelions!  LOL

npd-abuse30-e1484237021580.jpg

 

Sea_of_dandelions.jpg

Excellent thread skyrider!!!!!!!

Your systematic expose of VP the Narcissist through the eyes of realism and details in Mrs. VP's book are truly enlightening!!!!!

Your summation of decades of Way bruhaha into core element summaries and paragraphs are fantastic!

This type of thing is a resource out there so the young don't have to fall into the same traps if they so choose to educate themselves and obtain wisdom!!!!

 

Edited by chockfull
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks chockfull.......

So many threads..........so much information.

Anyone who has a scintilla of anxiety/fear in exiting this cult......keep reading.  Everything about Mrs. W's book, beginning with the wierwille lineage......OMG! are we supposed to believe that God has been waiting down thru the ages from Johann Heinrich Wierwille (1792-1889) ----> Herman Heinrich Adolph Wierwille (1828-1887) ----> Henry Ernst Wierwille (1875-1956) ----> Victor Paul Wierwille (1916-1985)..........to bestow upon us this "rightly-divided word?"

The haughtiness of wierwille's narcissism wreaks thru even this sanitized edition of wierwille's legacy.

But there is no mistaking that wierwille stole B.G.'s class outright and ran it as his own........and then, plagiarized from other men's works to add filler and pass it off as his own research (cough, cough).  When the timeline is followed........there was NO WAY wierwille had any inkling of a "twi" or class-based system when he barged into Leonard's class in Calgary, Alberta.  Again, arrogance and narcissism.  Even the pictures in Mrs. W's book.........show that wierwille was a nobody, a back-bencher around other men of the cloth. 

And, Dr. Williams the president of the All-India Federation of National Churches AND pastor of the St. Paul's Hindustani Church in Byculla, Bombay AND strict devotee of Indian history........was host to the wierwilles during that India itinerary.  Dr. Williams is the one who opened ALL THE DOORS and gave vpw access into the Jain Convention, where this western Christian (wierwille) was granted a 20-30 minute teaching in a week long festival.  Yawn.  How many of them would even remember his name?  How many of them took this as an opportunity to go use the restroom?  Dr. Williams translated for vpw.  Wanna bet that out of respect for Dr. Williams the American got to even speak at all?

All of the boasting and pontificating that we had heard all those years in the cult.  Wierwille was a piker and a fraud.

The only reason to keep this site going..........is to SET THE CAPTIVES FREE and WARN OTHERS.

 

~~~~~~~~

Outreach beyond vpw's congregation

The Wierwille Legacy.....Who will write the book?

Twi began its independent undertaking on December 19, 1957

Self-Referential Greatness

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, skyrider said:

In December 1957.....when wierwille started his independent undertaking of The Way, Inc., he was stumbling into the unknown.

For 10 years (1957-1967), wierwille drove from city to city teaching B.G. Leonard's class, The Gifts of the Spirit, to mostly church people.  By teaching 9-12 classes a year, wierwille was reaching an estimate of 200-275 new people each year.  Yet, in 1960......the Troy/Piqua followers wanted vpw to move his operation from Van Wert to their area, NOT the wierwille farm.  So, when Vic and Harry decided that the wierwille homestead was going to be the new headquarters of twi........a Troy/Piqua exodus was their response.

Wierwille ran class after class in the 60's..............and the percentages of who committed to wierwille's "ministry" were dismal.

Notice:  Neither vpw or mrs. w document any signs, miracles or wonders from God during these early-to-mid 1960s.  They have to reach back to the India trip or Van Wert days to fabricate anything of substance that would indicate the working of holy spirit.  Seems like 1960-1967.........wierwille was in the wilderness [until the filming of pfal].

The filming of pfal in 1967 was wierwille's attempt to stay relevant.  Wierwille NEEDED a steady stream of money (tithing)......or else, failure was imminent.  This new pfal class was designed with a subliminal, subterfuge agenda.......to strip new students from their family, church, higher education and community and set up a new cult family.  All of the support systems were to be undermined and eliminated.....and replaced.  No, wierwille did not have some devious master plan behind this........just a narcissistic appetite that needed fed and the exploitation of the youth was a means to that end. 

Was wierwille planting a garden?  Nope.

Wierwille was planting a cult........one deceptive weed at a time.

 

 

Sky, you are so right!!  I wish I had known all of this forty years ago; I might have saved myself ten years of listening to Hog Wash, and thousands of dollars.  But, what is done, is done. However, I know from my own experiences, that TWI is, and was, a dangerous cult.  God got me, but He got me out, on His time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, skyrider said:

Thanks chockfull.......

So many threads..........so much information.

Anyone who has a scintilla of anxiety/fear in exiting this cult......keep reading.  Everything about Mrs. W's book, beginning with the wierwille lineage......OMG! are we supposed to believe that God has been waiting down thru the ages from Johann Heinrich Wierwille (1792-1889) ----> Herman Heinrich Adolph Wierwille (1828-1887) ----> Henry Ernst Wierwille (1875-1956) ----> Victor Paul Wierwille (1916-1985)..........to bestow upon us this "rightly-divided word?"

The haughtiness of wierwille's narcissism wreaks thru even this sanitized edition of wierwille's legacy.

But there is no mistaking that wierwille stole B.G.'s class outright and ran it as his own........and then, plagiarized from other men's works to add filler and pass it off as his own research (cough, cough).  When the timeline is followed........there was NO WAY wierwille had any inkling of a "twi" or class-based system when he barged into Leonard's class in Calgary, Alberta.  Again, arrogance and narcissism.  Even the pictures in Mrs. W's book.........show that wierwille was a nobody, a back-bencher around other men of the cloth. 

And, Dr. Williams the president of the All-India Federation of National Churches AND pastor of the St. Paul's Hindustani Church in Byculla, Bombay AND strict devotee of Indian history........was host to the wierwilles during that India itinerary.  Dr. Williams is the one who opened ALL THE DOORS and gave vpw access into the Jain Convention, where this western Christian (wierwille) was granted a 20-30 minute teaching in a week long festival.  Yawn.  How many of them would even remember his name?  How many of them took this as an opportunity to go use the restroom?  Dr. Williams translated for vpw.  Wanna bet that out of respect for Dr. Williams the American got to even speak at all?

All of the boasting and pontificating that we had heard all those years in the cult.  Wierwille was a piker and a fraud.

The only reason to keep this site going..........is to SET THE CAPTIVES FREE and WARN OTHERS.

 

~~~~~~~~

Outreach beyond vpw's congregation

The Wierwille Legacy.....Who will write the book?

Twi began its independent undertaking on December 19, 1957

Self-Referential Greatness

 

 

 

Sky, :eusa_clap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The opportunity was there- a small window in history.

wierwille wanted followers with no roots.  He read about Leonard's class and plagiarized the entire class.  He heard about Bullinger's work and plagiarized as much of it as he could manage.  (About 4 sessions of the later versions of the pfal Foundational class were right out of "How To Enjoy the Bible.")  He heard from Stiles and plagiarized his book, sometimes word-for-word, moving a few words around in later editions to conceal his plagiarism more thoroughly.   So, wierwille had material, but where where the folllowers?  He needed gullible, naive, well-meaning people with no roots whom he could con, trick, and impress, and convince to move around since they were already mobile.

Then vpw read about the Christian hippies at the House of Acts.  He rushed over there and did his best to recruit them while he trawled for information on orgies. (I'm unsure if he asked Jim D about them only out of prurient interest, or if he was trying to inveigle an invitation.  Since he usually used this method to get in places- like the Jain Convention- I suspect he was trying to con an invite to one.)  He conned some of the young, naive, well-meaning Christians, and diverted their work from simplicity in Christ to the cult assembly line he was assembling out of people.   If there is a God (and I am fully persuaded there is) I'm confident vpw will be punished for all of that in addition to the crimes he successfully committed and hid.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

The opportunity was there- a small window in history.

wierwille wanted followers with no roots.  He read about Leonard's class and plagiarized the entire class.  He heard about Bullinger's work and plagiarized as much of it as he could manage.  (About 4 sessions of the later versions of the pfal Foundational class were right out of "How To Enjoy the Bible.")  He heard from Stiles and plagiarized his book, sometimes word-for-word, moving a few words around in later editions to conceal his plagiarism more thoroughly.   So, wierwille had material, but where where the folllowers?  He needed gullible, naive, well-meaning people with no roots whom he could con, trick, and impress, and convince to move around since they were already mobile.

Then vpw read about the Christian hippies at the House of Acts.  He rushed over there and did his best to recruit them while he trawled for information on orgies. (I'm unsure if he asked Jim D about them only out of prurient interest, or if he was trying to inveigle an invitation.  Since he usually used this method to get in places- like the Jain Convention- I suspect he was trying to con an invite to one.)  He conned some of the young, naive, well-meaning Christians, and diverted their work from simplicity in Christ to the cult assembly line he was assembling out of people.   If there is a God (and I am fully persuaded there is) I'm confident vpw will be punished for all of that in addition to the crimes he successfully committed and hid.

WW, bingo!!  Someday all of us will be judged for our earthly actions.  However, I think God's punishments might be worse for VPW, because of the severity of his crimes.  :redface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...