GreaseSpot Cafe

Are you buying silver and gold with your extra cash?

oldiesman

8 minutes ago, Rocky said:

FWIW, thus far in my life I haven't had to drill for water. Good points to remember, however.

Good, I think when I visited Arizona there was an abandoned gold mine, they used cyanide that was left behind.  So I wouldn't.

See how the thread is all tied together now?

1 minute ago, Bolshevik said:

Good, I think when I visited Arizona there was an abandoned gold mine, they used cyanide that was left behind.  So I wouldn't.

See how the thread is all tied together now?

In AZ there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of abandoned mines.

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

In AZ there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of abandoned mines.

Goodness.  I was wondering if it was Nevada.  We were studying water use in the southwest.  The Colorado and Lake Mead and whatnot.  And by studying I mean visiting cool sites and drinking the beer we found.  Hope the Colorado still exists.  

1 hour ago, Bolshevik said:

Goodness.  I was wondering if it was Nevada.  We were studying water use in the southwest.  The Colorado and Lake Mead and whatnot.  And by studying I mean visiting cool sites and drinking the beer we found.  Hope the Colorado still exists.  

So far... but it's obviously stressed right now.

• 3 months later...

Praise the Lord, since I've been self-employed I am able to earn more than enough to support myself.

And with my spare cash, when I go food shopping, I buy extra items and donate those to Foodbank to help those who are strapped for cash.

With the huge surge in prices of gas (for cooking and heating), electricity, and petrol (for cars, what US calls gas), together with most other items increasing in price (think kids' clothes and shoes), life has become very difficult for some at the bottom of the payscale or on state benefits. It's heat or eat, for some.

• Like 1