GreaseSpot Cafe

Stand for the entrance of a head of state, or the entrance of a Bible teacher.

WordWolf

17 hours ago, oldiesman said:

No... and I didn't realize you were talking about the motives of twi.   In that case probably not.

I started this thread in "About the Way", and that was not because I wanted to do a historical exegesis of a High Church practice.   As it is, in the RCC, the standing is for the Mass, and not for anything else. If you encounter a priest, deacon, or higher-up in any context other than a Mass or a formal ceremony, things are actually pretty CASUAL.  In fact, if they're not wearing a clerical collar or other symbol, it's possible to not realize you're interacting with a priest.   They also don't require standing when they hold Bible classes.  

On 9/4/2022 at 9:10 PM, Rocky said:

A key to this is trust. I used to trust Wierwille.

I used to trust the people who introduced me to pfal, and made it sound like they were all great people entirely because of pfal.   That was the same bait-and-switch that had been practiced when the hippies had gone out.  vpw sent out quality Christians as his advertising arm, and made it look like what made them quality Christians was the pfal class, when they'd been quality long before hearing of it.  

So, for year after year, quality Christians in twi convinced people that they key to being a quality Christian was pfal and whatever vpw was teaching.  I think they had no real idea how they were deceiving everyone, since it had been done to them and it was such an omnipresent practice that it was the status quo.

So, because I trusted them, I trusted wierwille- to a point, and lcm- to a lesser point.

• Upvote 1

After we took PFAL, when we went out witnessing we all were salesmen for twi, that's for certain.    In our minds (at least in mine) I didn't make a distinction between twi and the kingdom of God; so thought I was doing God's will.   I believe one day we all will find out for certain whether or not that was the case.

On 9/8/2022 at 6:00 AM, oldiesman said:

After we took PFAL, when we went out witnessing we all were salesmen for twi, that's for certain.    In our minds (at least in mine) I didn't make a distinction between twi and the kingdom of God; so thought I was doing God's will.   I believe one day we all will find out for certain whether or not that was the case.

Well they teach this and believe it.  The ministry is the Word and the Word is the ministry.

I guess they are blinded to examples in the OT where the ministry was the Tower of Babel and the Word was to stop building it and destroy it.

On 9/8/2022 at 7:00 AM, oldiesman said:

In our minds (at least in mine) I didn't make a distinction between twi and the kingdom of God; so thought I was doing God's will.   I believe one day we all will find out for certain whether or not that was the case.

That day of finding out for certain has already come for many. It's available for any seeking to find. This seeing and knowing for certain is instantaneous for some and a long, arduous road for others. 

TWI has no place in the kingdom of God. If anything, it's place is to show what the kingdom of God is not.