GreaseSpot Cafe

Board of D -Officers

OldSkool

I checked out a few minutes of the 80th anniversary last Sunday and was surprised to see they finally seperated out directors from officers.

Current Directors:

Vern Edwards (doubles as President which is an officer function)

John Rupp - I understand he is chairman of the board...whatever that means with the current group - wit Rosalie it put her firmly in charge...until she was voted off the island or retired or whatever she did...lol

Bill Greene - Director

Angela Priester - Director

Current Officers:

Joe Coulter - VP

Dave Lippold - VP

David Sewell - VP

Marcia Lombardi - Secretary/Treasurer -- Marcia is Donna Martindale's sister so her presence is a direct link to Donna Martindale, Craigs ex-wife and basically Rosalie's silent partner in running TWI all those years. This move is suspect to say the least, especially knowing the directors love to play politics amongst themselves. Im not sure what Donna is doing these days -- if shes cabinet or whatever. I also walked in on Marcia and Melissa Georg3 making out on the couch in the EOB one evening when I went to my office after hours and walked on the two lovebirds. Considering TWI stance on homosexuality...yeah...anywho.

Consider these the following terms. Consider them without context, but consider them in aggregate, then make an inference about their probable place.

President   
Board of Directors   
Chairman of the Board
Vice President   
Treasurer     
Secretary     
Director    
Coordinator    
Area Coordinator   
Branch Director   
Leader   
Area Leader   
HEADQUARTERS

Does Church of God come to mind? Household of God? Family of God? Fellowship?

It's always astonished me that a church has a "board of directors."  Huh?   That's "company talk."  

My local church is run by the parochial church council (PCC), elected by the congregation.  The PCC also selects the minister in charge of the local church, in consultation with the congregation.  The PCC is independent of the minister but they work closely together.  

The wider church is run by bishops and archbishops, and by synod, to which the minister (and all clergy) are subject.  The recognised head of the church is Jesus Christ. 

There are no "directors."  No "president."  No "chairman."

5 minutes ago, Twinky said:

It's always astonished me that a church has a "board of directors."  Huh?   That's "company talk."  

My local church is run by the parochial church council (PCC), elected by the congregation.  The PCC also selects the minister in charge of the local church, in consultation with the congregation.  The PCC is independent of the minister but they work closely together.  

The wider church is run by bishops and archbishops, and by synod, to which the minister (and all clergy) are subject.  The recognised head of the church is Jesus Christ. 

There are no "directors."  No "president."  No "chairman."

You and Nathan_Jr make some really good points. The funny thing with the way international is they seem to relish their corporate status. It's like it gives them some kind of real world legitimacy or something...

18 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Consider these the following terms. Consider them without context, but consider them in aggregate, then make an inference about their probable place.

President   
Board of Directors   
Chairman of the Board
Vice President   
Treasurer     
Secretary     
Director    
Coordinator    
Area Coordinator   
Branch Director   
Leader   
Area Leader   
HEADQUARTERS

Does Church of God come to mind? Household of God? Family of God? Fellowship?

Yes of course.  Immediately you think of Jesus is the President, the board has to be the 12 apostles.

Wait who is playing Judas and Peter?

And is Headquarters Jerusalem?  Or Paul’s prison cell?  Which one of these 2 does New Knoxville represent?  How about the multi million log home campus?  The rest center or something?  Is that Phillips house?  Or the church at Ephesus?

if Judas was the treasurer, does this reflect badly on the position now?

Dang when trying to fit this peg into the hole it seems to need to be shaved down a bit.

:jump:

Maybe it would fit better if you considered it an org structure for building a Tower of Babel.

:spy: