GreaseSpot Cafe

William Branham: Seed of the Serpent

OldSkool

Branham had a 1947 promise. Apparently, like victor paul wierwille, he embellished his story further to MAKE it fit with the establishment of the nation of Israel, but he screwed up the dates, like wierwille did with his snow storms.

Branham said he had received an angelic visitation on May 7, 1946, commissioning his worldwide ministry.[74] In his later years, he also connected the angelic visitation with the establishment of the nation of Israel, at one point mistakenly stating the vision occurred on the same day.[75][75][d][e]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_M._Branham

As victor paul wierwille was a Holocaust denier, Branham was a lover of the KKK.

There are so many parallels between Branham and wierwille. Maybe Branham was the 6th THE Man of God.... (Got to track down that music coordinator.)

4 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Branham had a 1947 promise. Apparently, like victor paul wierwille, he embellished his story further to MAKE it fit with the establishment of the nation of Israel, but he screwed up the dates, like wierwille did with his snow storms.

Branham said he had received an angelic visitation on May 7, 1946, commissioning his worldwide ministry.[74] In his later years, he also connected the angelic visitation with the establishment of the nation of Israel, at one point mistakenly stating the vision occurred on the same day.[75][75][d][e]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_M._Branham

As victor paul wierwille was a Holocaust denier, Branham was a lover of the KKK.

There are so many parallels between Branham and wierwille. Maybe Branham was the 6th THE Man of God.... (Got to track down that music coordinator.)

They were both cult leaders, and would behave similarly, but is the suggestion one inspired the other?

4 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

They were both cult leaders, and would behave similarly, but is the suggestion one inspired the other?

I think wierwille and martindale took cues from Branham's doctrines. Wierwille in many places and several parallells and martindale with Eve and the devil having sex, though martindale didn't say cain was fathered by lucifer. Theres parallels and start differences as well.

1 minute ago, OldSkool said:

I think wierwille and martindale took cues from Branham's doctrines. Wierwille in many places and several parallells and martindale with Eve and the devil having sex, though martindale didn't say cain was fathered by lucifer. Theres parallels and start differences as well.

Wayworld has a big emphasis on "the spiritual" . . . The physical world being incidental.  To be subjected and controlled.

VPW commanded God to do something as a sign, where Branham was just  visited by an angel?

11 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I think the suggestion is vic picked up the serpent seed from Branham. That's plausible. After all, vic learned where he could -- it was putting it all together that was the original work.

Maybe, they were both part of the zeitgeist of Pentecostal preachers in mid 20th century Merica. I suspect there were many more just like them. Branham had a healing ministry that he converted to a teaching ministry in the 1960s, because there was more money in teaching. They were both part of a trend, a movement of religious hucksters. They all followed the money. 

6 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I think the suggestion is vic picked up the serpent seed from Branham. That's plausible. After all, vic learned where he could -- it was putting it all together that was the original work.

Maybe, they were both part of the zeitgeist of Pentecostal preachers in mid 20th century Merica. I suspect there were many more just like them. Branham had a healing ministry that he converted to a teaching ministry in the 1960s, because there was more money in teaching. They were both part of a trend, a movement of religious hucksters. They all followed the money. 

Converging on the same thing is plausible.  Same motivations.  Same environment?

They both used The Bible.

13 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Wayworld has a big emphasis on "the spiritual" . . . The physical world being incidental.  To be subjected and controlled.

Yeah, thats a good point and I think it goes along with fantasyland. All the emphasis on the spiritual world, using spiritual as a moidifier from anything from spiritual rewards to spititual partners. Personally, I am of the opinion that the doctrinal error is so bad in the way international that they have to have their own subculture to all play fantasy land...HQ is a great example. It's surreal around there...

15 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

VPW commanded God to do something as a sign, where Branham was just  visited by an angel?

Right. He either commanded God or threatened God with an ultimatum.

I think all cult founders make a claim of divine revelation or special, secret knowledge. It's a common, consistent trait, if I remember correctly.

37 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I think the difference is that VPW's claim, which was made earlier than the 1965 tape that has been posted here recently, is that it came true. 

What was made available in PFAL'68 was far more truth than previous centuries enjoyed. Many false traditions were dispensed with and many lost truths uncovered.  After 55 years, lots of these have migrated over to many churches.

I was browsing the archive here and found an old thread with Oldiesman posting a list of what benefits came from VPW’s ministry and the fulfillment of the 1942 promise.  I started adding to it and organizing it.  Please pardon this unfinished project as this is where I left off organizing.

Enjoy:

water baptism obsolete,

Jesus not God but one of us, 3 gods wrong,

the dead are not alive now because God is anti-death,

only gifted few can SIT wrong, all can SIT,

SIT died with the apostles is wrong,

God is always in favor of healing, healing in Communion,

Romans 10:9 is easy because salvation is a gift,

To whom addressed,

some in the Gospels doesn't apply to us,

God did not abandon Jesus on the cross,

Greatest commandment simplification

losing salvation impossible, We are heaven bound,

Paul’s Gospel is most important,

the mystery,

saved from the Wrath in the Book of Revelation,

Jesus was so forgiving that he invited Judas to Pentecost,

we are ambassadors not sheep,

keys with which the Bible can sometimes interprets itself,

believing = receiving when centered on a promise from God,

Christ is coming back,

Paul is not anti-woman,

we are seated in the heavenlies with all spiritual blessings,

there is more than heaven to look forward to in rewards,

1 John 1:9 makes forgiveness easy because Jesus paid the price,

I keep in mind that what is known is useless without love.

The proper attitude to maintain regarding this list is NOT elitism but THANKFULNESS.

“If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,  and if I have a faith that can move mountains,  but do not have love,  I am nothing.”

Edited by Mike

On 12/11/2022 at 7:03 PM, OldSkool said:

Its pretty clear that given Branham was before wierwille and had a way bigger name that he pulled information from him. I was toying with the idea of making a list...

similar seed the serpent teachings

eve had sex with the devil as stated by Craig in WAP class

life begins at the first breath per wierwille and craig sanctioning abortion

both had faked supernatural "comissioning" stories

.....more to come

Heres a kinda janked out list from page 6 that I started and forgot about...lol

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think the difference is that VPW's claim, which was made earlier than the 1965 tape that has been posted here recently, is that it came true. 

What was made available in PFAL'68 was far more truth than previous centuries enjoyed. Many false traditions were dispensed with and many lost truths uncovered.  After 55 years, lots of these have migrated over to many churches.

I was browsing the archive here and found an old thread with Oldiesman posting a list of what benefits came from VPW’s ministry and the fulfillment of the 1942 promise.  I started adding to it and organizing it.  Please pardon this unfinished project as this is where I left off organizing.

Enjoy:

water baptism obsolete,

Jesus not God but one of us, 3 gods wrong,

the dead are not alive now because God is anti-death,

only gifted few can SIT wrong, all can SIT,

SIT died with the apostles is wrong,

God is always in favor of healing, healing in Communion,

Romans 10:9 is easy because salvation is a gift,

To whom addressed, some in the Gospels doesn't apply to us,

God did not abandon Jesus on the cross,

Greatest commandment simplification

losing salvation impossible, We are heaven bound,

Paul’s Gospel is most important,

the mystery,

saved from the Wrath in the Book of Revelation,

Jesus was so forgiving that he invited Judas to Pentecost,

we are ambassadors not sheep,

keys with which the Bible can sometimes interprets itself,

believing = receiving when centered on a promise from God,

Christ is coming back,

Paul is not anti-woman,

we are seated in the heavenlies with all spiritual blessings,

there is more than heaven to look forward to in rewards,

1 John 1:9 makes forgiveness easy because Jesus paid the price,

I keep in mind that what is known is useless without love. the proper attitude to maintain regarding this list is NOT elitism but THANKFULNESS.

“If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,  and if I have a faith that can move mountains,  but do not have love,  I am nothing.”

The above list reflects your cult mentality. The benefits listed did not come from Saint Vic's ministry, they came from God.

Saint Vic's part in it was to steal others works and claim they were his discoveries.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

What was made available in PFAL'68 was far more truth than previous centuries enjoyed

Except whats in pflap is all from extant sources many which pre-date wierwille...so how could it have not been known since the first century when it was clearly pilfered from a variety of sources?

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

I keep in mind that what is known is useless without love.

The proper attitude to maintain regarding this list is NOT elitism but THANKFULNESS.

Classic way international bullying tactics here. Put out a couple mis-guided statements then quote a scripture out of context and just like that BAM! We are all running to not offend mike by telling him the truth or disagreeing with him becuase that would be un-loving.

Just now, Nathan_Jr said:

Because it is so complicated it requires simplification?

No !!!   It is the rating of sin into degrees that is complicated. The Roman Catholic rating of Mortal Sins versus Venial Sins is just the tip of the iceberg. Individuals each have their own rating system that is far more complicated.

Truth is simple, but error can be very complicated, and untangling that error can be complicated, but what we got in the first ten minutes of PFAL on this was EXCEEDINGLY SIMPLE !!!

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

No !!!   It is the rating of sin into degrees that is complicated. The Roman Catholic rating of Mortal Sins versus Venial Sins is just the tip of the iceberg. Individuals each have their own rating system that is far more complicated.

Truth is simple, but error can be very complicated, and untangling that error can be complicated, but what we got in the first ten minutes of PFAL on this was EXCEEDINGLY SIMPLE !!!

I was referring explicitly and simply to the Greatest Commandment. Matthew 22: 35-40.

7 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Classic way international bullying tactics here. Put out a couple mis-guided statements then quote a scripture out of context and just like that BAM! We are all running to not offend mike by telling him the truth or disagreeing with him becuase that would be un-loving.

STOP making this thread and this sup-topic all about Mike.

7 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I was referring explicitly and simply to the Greatest Commandment. Matthew 22: 35-40.

Yes. It was Jesus who ultimately simplified the Sin Rating System.

But then again, he got it from his Father.

"Classic way international bullying tactics here. Put out a couple mis-guided statements then quote a scripture out of context and just like that BAM! We are all running to not offend mike by telling him the truth or disagreeing with him becuase that would be un-loving."

Edited by Mike

10 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Yeah...thats the similarity...progeny was never mentioned.

God created tadpoles inside of Mary.

Wouldn't he send only one?  One Supersperm?  Or an attack of the clone supersperm?

Otherwise God can only give that which he is.  

Edited by Bolshevik
Auto edit finds this an issue