GreaseSpot Cafe

Yet another take

johniam

55 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Talking down to someone else with cult elitist logic is definitely not Christ like.

He has nothing to do with Jesus Christ, except in name only. Mike says himself hes absent in his life....or he transfer the giver to the gift and says Christ is inside and otherwise chillaxin for a couple thousand years next to God eating spiritual bon-bons.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

I completely agree with what I bold fonted above.

There most certainly ARE other records of how Jesus walked. We can look to the walking OT examples from whom young Jesus learned to walk.  We can learn from Paul's walk, where he was right-on.  John has lots of teaching on the Jesus-like walk in his Epistles surrounding the one sentence you cited.

You are misinformed if you think I have not made a regular habit of learning from Jesus past ministry and his walk among people, personally.  I continually learn from scriptures not directly addressed to me.

I was misinformed by the extreme focus you stated about only reading the epistles.

Yes, yes if following VPs advice after taking the class you most certainly WILL not make a regular habit of learning from Jesus past ministry and walk.

You won’t even be reading about it, remember?

8 minutes ago, johniam said:

quote: If Christ Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God, and Christ Jesus is absent, God must be absent, according to this logic.

This glassy eyed clown thinks he understands logic. God isn't absent from anything; he's everywhere. Christ is absent from us. He said it is expedient that I go away. If he went away he is absent. His power isn't absent, but he is. We don't know him after the flesh, remember?

Y'all have a nice Christmas.

Actually, 

Logic along with God and Jesus is also absent.

Somebody text him and tell him he’s needed.

Merry Christmas

12 minutes ago, johniam said:

quote: If Christ Jesus is sitting at the right hand of God, and Christ Jesus is absent, God must be absent, according to this logic.

This glassy eyed clown thinks he understands logic. God isn't absent from anything; he's everywhere. Christ is absent from us. He said it is expedient that I go away. If he went away he is absent. His power isn't absent, but he is. We don't know him after the flesh, remember?

Y'all have a nice Christmas.

If Christ Jesus is at God's right hand, and God is everywhere, where is Christ Jesus? 

21 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

spiritual is a LOCATION

It's whatever its used to modify. Spiritual partner is someone who gives money to a future nazi but it's a spiritual commitment that takes spiritual maturity in the spiritual competition - when spiritual is used as a modifier in the way international it becomes a way ministry sanctioned affair...otherwise it's not spiritual. See how that works? Its used rather haphazardly to mean whatever...but whatever word it modifies it takes that concept into the realm of the spiritual...wherver that is exactly...

Edited by OldSkool

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

There most certainly ARE other records of how Jesus walked.

My Lord...sometimes I think your cheese may have slid off your cracker....Jesus Christ is referenced all throughout the entire scope of scripture and then some. But it's the gospels that detail how he walked....personally...as he went about his ministry wearing sandals and a tunic where he became the passover and redeemed mankind. 

42 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

If an A/V guy is sitting at the right hand of the music coordinator, and the A/V guy is absent, mustn’t the music coordinator be absent also?

Ah but what if the A/V guy and the music coordinator are 

THE SAME PERSON 

with two different job titles at the same time?

Is it he or just one of his job titles that’s absent?

:spy:

48 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Is absent Christ Jesus reading PFAL in his absence? This would be a good time to get some reading done. His hands will be full at his return -- he'll probably have his copy stashed in a saddle bag.

He has to be.  I mean his earthly ministry was only a year long or three years depending on the viewpoint.  

That certainly wasn’t a sufficient amount of time to really master PFAL.  I mean he could have just had a cursory understanding of it causing him to “snap” towards love of his earthly ministry.  That would later cause him to “snap” towards hate.

I mean if only our Lord and Savior had enough time on earth to truly digest the material like Mike has, maybe we would be in a much better place.

:biglaugh:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

My new favorite phrase. I'm stealing it.

Stealing is how I imitate victor. It's what I'm able to do now that I stand on his shoulders.

What I wanna know is are they Christ’s glassy eyed clown eyes behind your eyes or is that just a dopey expression on your face lol?

7 minutes ago, chockfull said:

What I wanna know is are they Christ’s glassy eyed clown eyes behind your eyes or is that just a dopey expression on your face lol?

It's a spiritually dopey expression. I'm imitating victor. Standing on his shoulders. What other expression could I have?

2 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

It's a spiritually dopey expression. I'm imitating victor. Standing on his shoulders. What other expression could I have?

As long as you still have the painted smile it’s good.  Since they canceled the circus due to the elephants you just don’t see the same amount of clowns around any more.  That and John Wayne Gacey the serial killer clown.  It truly makes me sad.  I mean the last clown I saw was one making balloons in a Mexican restaurant.  I don’t even think the rodeo clowns dress up that much any more.  

Just remember you are the last of a dying breed.

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

It's whatever its used to modify. Spiritual partner is someone who gives money to a future nazi but it's a spiritual commitment that takes spiritual maturity in the spiritual competition - when spiritual is used as a modifier in the way international it becomes a way ministry sanctioned affair...otherwise it's not spiritual. See how that works? Its used rather haphazardly to mean whatever...but whatever word it modifies it takes that concept into the realm of the spiritual...wherver that is exactly...

Right as in spiritual clusterf*ck referring to TWI HQ.  

:jump:

• Like 1

quote: If Christ Jesus is at God's right hand, and God is everywhere, where is Christ Jesus? 

At God's right hand, not everywhere.

quote: If an A/V guy is sitting at the right hand of the music coordinator, and the A/V guy is absent, mustn’t the music coordinator be absent also?

They're both absent to anyone not in the same room. Only God is everywhere.