GreaseSpot Cafe

Yet another take

johniam

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

The newly minted, and still shiny term "anti-idol" that I coined (just LOOK at that LUSTER !)  can be used for ANYTHING  that is the target of intense hate, where the hater loves to hate it. 

That means you can have more than one anti-idol in your life, that you love-to-hate, besides VPW.

hate

noun

ˈhāt 

a

: intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury

b: extreme dislike or disgust : ANTIPATHY, LOATHING

had a great hate of hard work

c: a systematic and especially politically exploited expression of hatred

a crime motivated by bigotry and hate

—often used before another noun

hate mailan organization tracking hate groups

Standard definition of hate from Merriam-Webster. Mike --- since you have appointed yourself searcher of hearts here on GSC please quantify how you know anyone here is hateful, actively hating anything, etc. Where's the hate speech? Show me the hate mike....you can't do it. It's a baseless accusation that you use to try and discredit people who disagree with you. And it's obvious when you and johniam have been shown for the lost sheep you really are because you guys can't rationally discuss a topic with evidence, references, logic, understanding, etc...no...as soon as anyone discusses what you guys disagree with you resort to insults and name calling. Again: Please continue. You guys do more damage to the way's recruiting efforts than they could do themselves.

• Upvote 2

Just now, chockfull said:

The parents were talked into it.  She was really persistent, prepared a lot, and the guy was in his “love bomb” period.  Only turned murderous later when he had her isolated from family.

Yeah he escaped justice.

But they were children.  She was bipolar?  He was too young.

All the parents should shamed for eternity.

3 hours ago, johniam said:

quote: 

But seriously, please allow me to do a little fine tuning on just one sentence. This one:

Just because you won't forgive someone for something doesn't mean your whole life and walk with God are totally flawed.

Please tell me what you think of a few tiny changes:

Just because you won't forgive someone for some things,
doesn't mean their whole life and walk with God are totally flawed.

What do you think of that?

It's the inverse, yet, still true. Nathan Jr. is not very forgiving (Romans 1:22).

That you arent able to use the quote function makes your content that much more unintelligible...keep up the good work!

I forgive victor. I pity victor. If victor could have believed big enough to live long enough, he might have been lead to meet me, and if called, I might have "taught" him, as he pretended to "teach" others. I might have "taught" TF out of him. Bless his little black heart.

HOWEVER, my forgiveness of him does not change what I can discern about him, what I can perceive about him, what I can observe. Once seen, it can't be unseen.

victor paul wierwille is the thief come to steal, kill and destroy. Forgiving him doesn't change this discerned, observed fact, but my forgiving him changes me.

If victor repented and asked for forgiveness, it would change him, too.

Bless his little, black heart. I wish you all could read it in the original.

13 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Oh, to be a charlatan huckster in that day and time! Wow. 

Gosh, even to be a music coordinator worshipping a charlatan huckster in that day and time. Oh, the nostalgia... swoon!

Later they gave him 5 twinkies and two RC colas . . . and he fed all 5000 of them with that . . . if you believe that it's true

3 hours ago, OldSkool said:

You guys do more damage to the way's recruiting efforts than they could do themselves.

Facts.

Lately, I’ve wondered: Is TWI embarrassed that Mike and Johniam are defenders of the cult? Why hasn’t TWI tried to stop the crazy train? Their apologia is so cringe.

If TWI could have beleeeved big enough, they might have been able to train up and teach thugs to silence them. Like Scientology.

6 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Facts.

Lately, I’ve wondered: Is TWI embarrassed that Mike and Johniam are defenders of the cult? Why hasn’t TWI tried to stop the crazy train? Their apologia is so cringe.

If TWI could have beleeeved big enough, they might have been able to train up and teach thugs to silence them. Like Scientology.

I know the directors, except Vern, who was a region guy when I was cabinet. Well, I know Vern the least of the group and Angela a close second. I talked with Vern a few times on break during leaders meetings and placements. Pleasant enough guy. Anyway -- let me say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the both of them are embarrising to them. That I can tell you with 100% confidence. Like I said --- keep on keeping on.

8 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Facts.

If the whole world is becoming more adverse to The Bible . . . .The Way would probably want to ditch that if they want to grow

3 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

If the whole world is becoming more adverse to The Bible . . . .The Way would probably want to ditch that if they want to grow

Is the whole world becoming more adverse to the Bible?

I don’t think the Bible itself is hindering their growth. It’s how (H-O-W) they interpret it and use it. That, and all the destruction of lives, all the hate, the judgement.

I think if they knew how (H-O-W) to read it in the original, it might help them grow, at least incrementally. Bless their little hearts.

17 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I know the directors, except Vern, who was a region guy when I was cabinet. Well, I know Vern the least of the group and Angela a close second. I talked with Vern a few times on break during leaders meetings and placements. Pleasant enough guy. Anyway -- let me say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the both of them are embarrising to them. That I can tell you with 100% confidence. Like I said --- keep on keeping on.

Wow. Just wow.

22 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Is the whole world becoming more adverse to the Bible?

I don’t think the Bible itself is hindering their growth. It’s how (H-O-W) they interpret it and use it. That, and all the destruction of lives, all the hate, the judgement.

I think if they knew how (H-O-W) to read it in the original, it might help them grow, at least incrementally. Bless their little hearts.

OK, not the whole world, but Christianity is declining in the United States.  So maybe TWI strategically wants to move offshore.

If people aren't drawn to the bible, or are less likely to be raised to think they need the bible, then yes, TWI will find less potential buyers.  

As the world population becomes atomized in general . . . I don't think people will be as drawn to groups that meet if people's houses

9 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

OK, not the whole world, but Christianity is declining in the United States.  So maybe TWI strategically wants to move offshore.

If people aren't drawn to the bible, or are less likely to be raised to think they need the bible, then yes, TWI will find less potential buyers.  

As the world population becomes atomized in general . . . I don't think people will be as drawn to groups that meet if people's houses

Right. Religion in general is declining in the U.S. It must be the devil.

It seems TWI is having some success in Africa. The Congo and proximate countries. Also, Venezuela? It's on their website. (I just ate.)

The point is, they are only having success in areas most vulnerable to manipulation and exploitation and destruction. Desperate regions where charlatan huckster criminal leaders are the norm. 

3 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

It seems TWI is having some success in Africa. The Congo and proximate countries. Also, Venezuela? It's on their website. (I just ate.)

The point is, they are only having success in areas most vulnerable to manipulation and exploitation and destruction. Desperate regions where charlatan huckster criminal leaders are the norm. 

Thats definately part of it. Also, a lot of countries don't really have much to do with HQ and the shenanigans that happen stateside. They have their own shenanigans though. But they are largely insulated from HQ.

15 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Thats definately part of it. Also, a lot of countries don't really have much to do with HQ and the shenanigans that happen stateside. They have their own shenanigans though. But they are largely insulated from HQ.

Again, "HQ" -- why is this not a red flag to anyone?

I think it was Twinky who posted an article or FB snippets of rape cover ups in African limbs or branches or whatever.

The shenanigans are global and rooted in the sandy, slithery foundation set by the slithering victor paul wierwille.

58 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Again, "HQ" -- why is this not a red flag to anyone?

I think it was Twinky who posted an article or FB snippets of rape cover ups in African limbs or branches or whatever.

The shenanigans are global and rooted in the sandy, slithery foundation set by the slithering victor paul wierwille.

The way tree is known by its corrupt fruit.

HQ, presidents cabinet, president and founder, and not to mention wierwille wanted people to play hail to the chief when he entered a room at times. Yeah -- delusions of grandeur.

2 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Lately, I’ve wondered: Is TWI embarrassed that Mike and Johniam are defenders of the cult? Why hasn’t TWI tried to stop the crazy train?

I've thought along somewhat parallel lines, but in opposite directions.

I’ve wondered for 20 years is TWI happy that I face their Goliaths for them?  ...thus relieving them of the hassle?

For a long time, like 15 and 20 years ago, I was pi$$ed they weren’t sending in reinforcements to help me !!

It occurred to me once that there may be WayGB agents who post here under pseudonyms. (DONT look at me!)  But soon I realized that the $$$ cost of that was something only the pre1986 ministry could afford.

But as several more years ticked by, I came across several reasons for their silence here, as well as their silence in general, and their general insularity.  Some of the possible reasons I arrived at were noble reasons, some ignoble. 

I started slowly empathizing with them. Later still, when I met with local leaders with the big changes starting a few years ago, they confirmed some of my hunches.

Contrary to my slow warm-up to TWI people lately, I have ALWAYS empathized with the people here at GreaseSpot, as I do to this day.

How you say?  ...as you wipe fresh-spit coffee off your keyboard and monitor.

I had previews of GreaseSpot sentiments years before it started.

I had private previews of a lot of the horror movies that stirred the founding of WayDale and GSC.  

I had to produce a mini-version, a  "pre-Schoenheit Paper" about 6 years before he did. 

I started grappling with the mission of the Research Department in the later 197os, possibly before Charlene did.   (BTW, I haven't gotten that point in my reading.)

In July 1987 Ralph D visited SD and did a 2 day meeting, with several meetings per day.  I attended Day 2 for several hours. It was almost identical to everything that goes on today here at GreaseSpot, only it was LIVE, no re-takes, no editing, no protection from shoving and fists in heated discussions !!!

I was absolutely sickened when I got my first viewing of the Schoenheit Paper there. Ralph gave me a thick copy. I had heard “all” about it from local loyalist Corps, that its devil spirits would get a reader believing in the Trinity in no time.  But at that LIVE GreaseSpot meeting in 1967 I could see that it was almost identical to my in-house twig research on sex in 1980 !!!

That made me as bitter as anyone here !

I was NOT touting the collaterals at all back then.  I was an A.V. man and what mattered to me was the PFAL'68 video. I had privately come to the conclusion that VPW went through some kind of downward spiral, or downward spasm after LCM came in. 

I had started tuning out VPW a few years earlier, when I heard his voice on an SNT around Dec 1982, and could tell he had a stroke. I was also not happy with him for the Corps, by the time of Ralph's meeting in 1987.

The Corps were a problem for me in the early 80s, but the secrecy and strongarming they did after the 1986 POP was the end of my respect, for what I called by then "Wierwille's Folly." 

What I heard there from Ralph sunk my respect for VPW the man, not just his Corps.

For the next 10 years I had some wild adventures.  I still thought the 1968 video class video was gold, but that VPW had slipped from his diligence after the filming. I likened it to what happens to some Olympic Gold Winners in the years after reaching their gold pinnacle. I knew that kind of thing happened to Solomon.

During that decade of time, 1987 to 1998, I went up and down on my memories and conversations about VPW.  I was often thankful for his ministry that made the class, but thought sometime afterwards he went from best to good, and then much lower.  During that 10 years I attended all of John Lynn’s meetings. He came once a year after Ralph, until 1998.  That was the time I discovered that I had missed a lot that was in the collaterals.

So, I can empathize with everyone here in their disappointment with VPW and TWI.  I just happened to go through it all earlier, and was then miraculously handed the solution in 1998.

I come in peace, and I always did.

2 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Just to be clear, leadership at HQ are embarrassed by Mike and johniam posting on the internet?