GreaseSpot Cafe

Wierwille's Way with the Word -- John Jeudes

OldSkool

21 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Excellent. Thanks for this!  Haven't read all of it yet, but.... mmmmph!

I'd rather read Juedes than listen to him, but his videos are important, too.

Yw. Juedes has an actual Doctorate and tends to be easier for me to read than follow along on video. Which I prefer since I would rather be accurately informed and perhaps less entertained than lied to in an entertaining manner like wierwille...

17 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Yw. Juedes has an actual Doctorate and tends to be easier for me to read than follow along on video. Which I prefer since I would rather be accurately informed and perhaps less entertained than lied to in an entertaining manner like wierwille...

Juedes' videos on YouTube were essential for me when I discovered them. I don't know what his religious theological position is, but it doesn't matter, because he doesn't let it get in the way of the dismantling of victor paul wierwille's bullshonta.

I just don't like listening to his voice, though his content is accurate and important.

I can't listen to victor's voice, either. It grates.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I don't know what his religious theological position is

I don't know either, but I suspect Lutheran. When you goto the parent directories on his websites you will see why I say that:

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/vp_stolenrthst.htm

to parent directory:

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/

Edited by OldSkool

2 hours ago, OldSkool said:

I don't know either, but I suspect Lutheran. When you goto the parent directories on his websites you will see why I say that:

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/vp_stolenrthst.htm

to parent directory:

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/

I see.   I look at Messiah Lutherans local outreach page.  I see they let the Girl Scouts use the building they pay for.  I see they host a fair.  I see they distribute videos of Jesus life door to door.

Then I contrast the job descriptions of volunteer assignments in the Way.

One witnesses Christ.  The other a class.

One helps the community.  The other isolates members from the community.

One plants good seed.  The other plants faux trees.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OldSkool said:

I'm pretty sure linder was complicit in Martindale's affairs and was heading to court with the others.

Yes Linder was armed in a confrontation with Paul Allen and Craig.  He was named in the lawsuit and others as the ministry’s “strong arm” 

He knows where all the bodies are buried just like the Scientology former head of security Mike Rinder does on Leah Reminis show.

Whatever happened by force in TWI that was the force.  He could tell 10x the stories we do here.

Should you trust double agents with advice on morality and truth?

Is that a rhetorical question?

Double agents usually double dip double payoffs.

:offtopic:

5 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

I just don't like listening to his voice, though his content is accurate and important.

I can't listen to victor's voice, either. It grates.

Regrettably I find it impossible to listen to American preachers at all now.  VPW's voice gives me the creeps, and Juedes - well, I can listen to him, but other American preachers are hard.

So it was rather difficult for me when the new lead vicar appointed by my church - is an American.  Yikes!  Even after living in the UK for decades, his accent has softened but is still very evident.  He's a great guy, preaches as well and accurately as any, and I'm learning to overcome my prejudice.

Okay, now back to the regularly scheduled topic.

21 minutes ago, Twinky said:

:offtopic:

Regrettably I find it impossible to listen to American preachers at all now.  VPW's voice gives me the creeps, and Juedes - well, I can listen to him, but other American preachers are hard.

So it was rather difficult for me when the new lead vicar appointed by my church - is an American.  Yikes!  Even after living in the UK for decades, his accent has softened but is still very evident.  He's a great guy, preaches as well and accurately as any, and I'm learning to overcome my prejudice.

Okay, now back to the regularly scheduled topic.

I'm with you. I find it very difficult to listen to ANY preacher with ANY accent -- mainly because of all the preaching. Thank God for closed captions, subtitles and transcriptions.

To my ears the most repulsive, condescending, cringey voice is that of Mark Ward. HOWEVER, his text-critical work is good, especially his work on translations and KJV-onlyism. His methodology for word study within the KJV is a game-changer. But his voice gives his face a reason to be slapped.

On 12/31/2022 at 2:46 PM, Nathan_Jr said:

This is gaslighting in the form of victim blaming. I know this well. It triggers me to read it.

I'm a pacifist, but this inspires fantasies of violent retribution.

When I stiffened up it got into conversations about how I can't be trusted.

Out on "the field" . . . I would tell people about these things . . . but it went over people's heads.  The followers don't care.

(How does the internet trump the voices of actual people?  . . . There's another matter)

7 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

How does the internet trump the voices of actual people?  . . . There's another matter

For some it's the only avenue they have after they've been bums.rushed and marken n avoided.