GreaseSpot Cafe

God’s Budget and Double Doors .... On the Scarcity of Miracles

Mike

26 minutes ago, waysider said:

Mike, Can you walk me through how you used the PFAL "steps for rightly dividing the Word" on this one?

At the beginning of this thread and several times through it I have said that I have NOT YET gone through the PFAL steps for this one idea of budget and double doors.

This idea is not yet ready for that kind of study.

I did this same thing with the Canon idea, but that idea was much more developed, and I was turning the PFAL crank on that.

On the Determinism versus Free Will thread, my developing of a set of minFW ideas had very little PFAL cranking in it, but lots of science cranking. 

I think it has been rare here that I bring up undeveloped new ideas. 

Long ago I was working the area of spiritual versus senses knowledge in the Ubiquitous thread circa 2003, but it got too complicated for me to finish, so I backed off of that undeveloped idea.

The mirror reversal puzzle I presented here was totally developed and nailed down, but I had to practice my presentation. Later I wrote it up for a different audience in finished form.

Other than those minor exceptions, HERE I try to present PFAL cranked ideas most of the time.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

At the beginning of this thread and several times through it I have said that I have NOT YET gone through the PFAL steps for this one idea of budget and double doors.

I did this same thing with the Canon idea, but that idea was much more developed, and I was turning the PFAL crank on that.

On the Determinism versus Free Will thread, my developing of a set of minFW ideas had very little PFAL cranking in it, but lots of science cranking. 

Long ago I was working the area of spiritual versus senses knowledge in the Ubiquitous thread circa 2003, but it got too complicated for me to finish, so I backed off of that undeveloped idea.

The mirror reversal puzzle I presented here was totally developed and nailed down, but I had to practice my presentation. Later I wrote it up for a different audience in finished form.

Other than those minor exceptions, HERE I try to present PFAL cranked ideas most of the time.

So, in other words, this is all simply your own personal interpretation/opinion. Can you elaborate as to why you think this interpretation is superior to others?

Edited by waysider
wording

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

See? Still using words that you know obscure the theory.

If you want a better way to express the theory, maybe you should strart there.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

happy-to-work-hard-caucasian-businessman

Edited by OldSkool

9 hours ago, waysider said:

Can you elaborate as to why you think this interpretation is superior to others?

I don't think that it is superior.  
It is just a candidate for that. 

Plus, it's not like I know of a bunch of other ways of looking at some of these scriptures, so it's hard for me to compare my ideas to others' ideas.

This set of ideas that I presented in this thread simply kept bubbling up to the surface of my mind for decades, as I would be reading the Word and come across things.  As far as being superior ideas, they sure are superior at bubbling up.  None others can compete with that.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

I don't think that it is superior.  
It is just a candidate for that. 

Plus, it's not like I know of a bunch of other ways of looking at some of these scriptures, so it's hard for me to compare my ideas to others' ideas.

This set of ideas that I presented in this thread simply kept bubbling up to the surface of my mind for decades, as I would be reading the Word and come across things.  As far as being superior ideas, they sure are superior at bubbling up.  None others can compete with that.

image.png

Then again, excellence was and is not Mike's forté.

On 7/8/2023 at 5:12 PM, Mike said:

I'm trying to use actual scriptures as anchors for what I think.

It doesnt work that way Mike....we take ourselves up to what scripture says to live God's ways not wrest scriptures to support your opinion....but hey...your fader in da verd did the same...so have fun..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OldSkool said:

..we take ourselves up to what scripture says to live God's ways ...

As far as living God's ways, the only practical application I can see for this thread's maybe-idea is to hang in there with patience and persistence if you are not getting an answer to prayer. 

Always trust that God is doing His best and that He will eventually get through.  

That is my take-away from this whole thread.

“God is doing His best..”

Wow. Just. Wow.

“God is trying, he really is, he is really trying his best, and that’s what he’s doing, his best. But there’s a budget, you see, and double doors and devils! Lots of hindrance for God, but trust he is doing his best!”

All of these imaginative, conceptual constructs projected onto and for God!!

“I won’t let go…I will hold on tight to this image… I will clutch to this beleeef imagined… I will belleeeve my way into a known concept of God! it’s just got to fit! By Snowball Pete I will MAKE it fit!”

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Wow. Just. Wow.

“God is trying, he really is, he is really trying his best, and that’s what he’s doing, his best. But there’s a budget, you see, and double doors and devils! Lots of hindrance for God, but trust he is doing his best!”

“I won’t let go…I will hold on tight to this image… I will clutch to this beleeef imagined… I will belleeeve my way into a known concept of God! it’s just got to fit! By Snowball Pete I will MAKE it fit!”

It sounds to me like you, as a victim, are totally unaware of the spiritual war going on all around us. 

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

It sounds to me like you, as a victim, are totally unaware of the spiritual war going on all around us. 

But wait...I thought it was the spiritual competition...?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Wow. Just. Wow.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Looks to me more like he recognizes Saint Vic's BS when he sees it.

Edited by So_crates
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

But wait...I thought it was the spiritual competition...?

For us it is no longer a life or death kind of struggle, but for others it still is a very desperate situation... a war of epic proportions!

But if you look at 1 John (ashamed) and 1 Cor 3 (suffer loss) you will see that even for us, the loss of rewards can be a very devastating thing.  The Word compares it to having your house burn to the ground.

We are in a competition FOR KEEPS, and there is no blowing it off.

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

But if you look at 1 John (ashamed) and 1 Cor 3 (suffer loss) you will see that even for us, the loss of rewards can be a very devastating thing.  The Word compares it to having your house burn to the ground.

Yah, you can see how concerned Saint Vic was at losing his rewards...

2 hours ago, Mike said:

What an incredibly undignified, scientifically imprecise and mathematically inexact thing to say!

An ad homInem intended to distract from the point made.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

For us it is no longer a life or death kind of struggle, but for others it still is a very desperate situation... a war of epic proportions!

We are not, and never have been, in a spriritual competition. Error. 

6 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

What an incredibly undignified, scientifically imprecise and mathematically inexact thing to say!

An ad homInem intended to distract from the point made.

As if Mike is capable of excellence? :wink2: 

image.png

7 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

What an incredibly undignified, scientifically imprecise and mathematically inexact thing to say! ... An ad homInem intended to distract from the point made.

Dang!  Had I remembered to wear my tuxedo, you'd be in checkmate.