GreaseSpot Cafe

God’s Budget and Double Doors .... On the Scarcity of Miracles

Mike

7 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

What an incredibly undignified, scientifically imprecise and mathematically inexact thing to say!

An ad homInem intended to distract from the point made.

47 minutes ago, Mike said:

Dang!  Had I remembered to wear my tuxedo, you'd be in checkmate.

Playing pigeon chess are you Mike?

Don’t play chess with a pigeon. It’ll just knock over the pieces and then strut around like it won the game.

Edited by So_crates

No one is playing chess.* 

For twenty years Mike has dodged, deflected, distracted, ignored, accused, projected, whined. These are not excellent moves, but they are his, and they are telling.

Hey! He is doing his best.

* In the original Sanskrit chess is literally sabrina. It's a free radical. The game is not chess. The game is sabrina - sabrina, Sabrina, SABRINA! No one knows what sabrina means, but my hunch is it's a type of ancient cookie or the name of a mermaid. I can't prove any of this. You'll just need to take my word for it. Write it on a 3x5 card, if you must. ABC. Simple. Math.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
Playing chess with gloved hands

• 2 weeks later...

Well it happened again.  I'm reading along in the Word and another "budget" verse jumped off the page and into my word processor, and is now posted.

Jude 9 says:
“But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, ‘The Lord rebuke you!’ ”

Both angels have a finite budget to fight with. It was a struggle when they clashed, and not an overwhelming  wipeout, with Michael beating the devil.

All the while, God has the infinite power.

This is very similar to Daniel 9 and that budgeted clash.

Edited by Mike

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

Well it happened again.  I'm reading along in the Word and another "budget" verse jumped off the page and into my word processor, and is now posted.

Jude 9 says:
“But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, ‘The Lord rebuke you!’ ”

Both angels have a finite budget to fight with. It was a struggle when they clashed, and not an overwhelming  wipeout, with Michael beating the devil.

How does an angel disputing the devil prove God has a budget?

Maybe it's a universal rule that like battles like.

*/*/*

How does God's budget fit into that hedge of protection that's supposed to be around each of us?

*/*/*

Note: Mike says he's not married to the concept, yet he still insist on using "budget" even though he knows it causes confusion.

Edited by So_crates

2 hours ago, So_crates said:

How does an angel disputing the devil prove God has a budget?

You are not paying attention.

The angels have a budget, plus the angels themselves are God's budget here on earth, while God in heaven has no limitations.

2 hours ago, So_crates said:

Note: Mike says he's not married to the concept, yet he still insist on using "budget" even though he knows it causes confusion.

Note: you are ALWAYS in confusion over everything I say.
I cannot cause the confusion that blinds you.

2 hours ago, waysider said:

I thought you said His power was limited by a budget. How can something that's infinite be limited (finite)?

Read closer.  It is His power in the senses earthly realm where both God and the devil are limited by God's budget.  It is an earthly budget, not a heavenly one.

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

You are not paying attention.

The angels have a budget, plus the angels themselves are God's budget here on earth, while God in heaven has no limitations.

Your not making a whole lot of sense.

Angels are separate sentient beings and not a part of anyone's balance sheet That would be like saying we're a part of God's budget.

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

He has the budget planned to accomplish that job, but just barely.

You didn't answer the question, just repeted yourself.

A dead give away for you not knowing what you're talking about.

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

Note: you are ALWAYS in confusion over everything I say.

So you say.

That's why others, in this very thread, have complained about the terminology, right?

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

Too funny.

It's like if I tried to explain tree surgery using checkers moves and when you told me you were confused, I blamed you for the confusion.

Everybody, repeat after me, the communicator is responsible for their communication. It's not my responsibility to guess what you mean. Thank you.

Edited by So_crates
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Whoever wins the trophy in sports, keeps the trophy, except in hockey.

So, it's a spiritual competition. Well, you've shown times the home team has shown up late. Shouldn't they have forfeited?

Well, answers are available.

What does the YourBelieving+YourWalk+TheBible+ChristInYou say about it?

Reading into it whatever you want is fine as long as you call it with your mouth exegesis. Don’t call it eisegesis. Don’t do it. Doooooon’t do it!

We were “taught” inventing definitions of words and corrupting what YourBelieving+YourWalk+TheBible+ChristInYou says is necessary to MAKE it fit like a glove. Remember, Paul left his cloak behind, but he didn’t forget his gloves. Gloves are most important - the glove is the key.

We were “taught” the conclusion must come first. The proof, the common sense, the logic, both intellectual and spiritual, are never that important. The proofs appear important, but they are merely apparent. 

The glove is the conclusion. If the hand doesn’t fit the glove, don’t blame the glove! Don’t do it. Dooooon’t do it! Surgery, not tailoring, may be required. Cut off a finger, add some filler, whatever. We were “taught” it MUST fit, so MAKE it fit!

victor paul wierwille “taught” defecating in the mouth of God is problematic only if you believe it will be. We were “taught” to imitate victor, to stand on his shoulders.

Most “grads” missed these “teachings” the first time. These “teachings” were never fully absorbed. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So I’m still a bit confused here.  God has a budget?  Sooooo many questions.  I mean usually corporate departments have budgets to represent their allocation of the annual income.

So does God set and approve the budget limits?  How does that conversation look? “Yo God need that budget increase”.  “Switches hats.  Ok I can approve that increase.  We will take it out of St Peter’s pearly gates account”.

Does God use instant picture type software in His mind?  

Does God track ROI with budgets?  Blind man healing results in 1421 conversions?

If God uses Budget for rental cars, does it REALLY cost less?

:biglaugh:

On 7/23/2023 at 9:24 AM, Mike said:

Jude 9 says:

Leads to further questions.

Do we have a budget Savior?  Is he the one to request help from to get my application for government housing approved?

How does this Michael budget work?  And Jude my dude can you introduce any more tangential angles possibly?  Why would Michael be disputing with the devil over a corpse?  And can people be condemned for slander somewhere?  Nowadays they are just labeled “haters” and people try to ignore them.  And what would that rebuke look like?  Hey Satan stop talking shiz about me while y’all are getting rid of that dead body.

I mean does the budget highlight the scarcity of miracles, gravediggers, and haters?

:biglaugh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chockfull said:

So I’m still a bit confused here.  God has a budget?  Sooooo many questions.

I don't blame you.  This is an idea with which I have had hardly any experience expressing in words, outside of a few 1 minute chats, spread out by a decade or two.

I'd fine tune this latest draft of my text to say that the sentence "God has a budget" is way too simple.

A better way of expressing the idea that generated that early text is more like:

When dealing with the senses realm, God has included in the infrastructure, a budet of what kind of interventions from the spiritual realm to the physical physical realm are allowed to take place.

Instead of using the budget metaphor, here is a different one:

God has put an "insulating blanket" around the physical realm, which limits the ability of the devil to rule his inherited world.  It also limits God's ability to get things through the insulation, but His foreknowledge and all knowing power is still there to work within this limitation to get His will enacted, eventually. Someday the insulation will be removed.

Edited by Mike

2 hours ago, chockfull said:

Why would Michael be disputing with the devil over a corpse? 

Very good question.  I have always wondered but never had the time or the reason to ask others.   I'm thinking of someone I can ask now.