GreaseSpot Cafe

God’s Budget and Double Doors .... On the Scarcity of Miracles

Mike

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

God has put an "insulating blanket" around the physical realm, which limits the ability of the devil to rule his inherited world.  It also limits God's ability to get things through the insulation, but His foreknowledge and all knowing power is still there to work within this limitation to get His will enacted, eventually. Someday the insulation will be removed.

In a prior post in this thread you asked haven't we noticed more evil in the world?

I responded,  If there is more evil in the world, and your claim is true (as stated in the quote above) then shouldn't there also be an equal amount of good in the world?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I don't blame you.  This is an idea with which I have had hardly any experience expressing in words, outside of a few 1 minute chats, spread out by a decade or two.

I'd fine tune this latest draft of my text to say that the sentence "God has a budget" is way too simple.

A better way of expressing the idea that generated that early text is more like:

When dealing with the senses realm, God has included in the infrastructure, a budet of what kind of interventions from the spiritual realm to the physical physical realm are allowed to take place.

Instead of using the budget metaphor, here is a different one:

God has put an "insulating blanket" around the physical realm, which limits the ability of the devil to rule his inherited world.  It also limits God's ability to get things through the insulation, but His foreknowledge and all knowing power is still there to work within this limitation to get His will enacted, eventually. Someday the insulation will be removed.

Budget Jesus has a binkie???

:spy:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Complete imagination here. God is not limited in anyway, but go ahead...

1 hour ago, So_crates said:

In a prior post in this thread you asked haven't we noticed more evil in the world?

I responded,  If there is more evil in the world, and your claim is true (as stated in the quote above) then shouldn't there also be an equal amount of good in the world?

No.   I see the "double-door equal limitations" thing applying to available interventions by the spirit world into the physical, and not applying to human behavior.  

If a human properly responds to God's intervention, the world is flooded with good.   If a human responds to the adversary's intervention, lots of people suffer.

Edited by Mike

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

No.   I see the "double-door equal limitations" thing applying to available the spirit world interventions into the physical, and not applying to human behavior.  

If a human properly responds to God's intervention, the world is flooded with good.   If a human responds to the adversary's intervention, lots of people suffer.

Gods voting for you, the devil is voting against you, and your vote wins the election.  Dots right.  Bless your hearts.  Send in your questions and donations to “The Teacher” at PO Box 42 Whoville Ohio

1 hour ago, Mike said:

No.   I see the "double-door equal limitations" thing applying to available interventions by the spirit world into the physical, and not applying to human behavior.  

Limited by human intervention, huh? You mean to tell me of all the people praying at any given time God can't find any good to do?

Also, then the devil is limited by our fears, right? Fears being negative believing.

As the universe leans in the direction of balance, I would think for every evil thing done, God could easily answer a prayer and do some good. Yet you claim there's more evil than good in the world.

1 hour ago, So_crates said:

Limited by human intervention, huh? You mean to tell me of all the people praying at any given time God can't find any good to do?

Also, then the devil is limited by our fears, right? Fears being negative believing.

As the universe leans in the direction of balance, I would think for every evil thing done, God could easily answer a prayer and do some good. Yet you claim there's more evil than good in the world.

I'm not saying anything related to that. 
I do not draw those conclusions, or anything like them.

I'm only trying to tie together a bunch of odd scriptures I've seen over a span of 52 years, and trying to put words together that may explain them.

I don't jump to concussions about it like you are doing.  

If you aren't looking a lot at the verses I've cited here, you can't possibly follow my words about them.  Go back, write down all the verses, and study them a little bit. Get familiar with them, and then you may be able to see what I am talking about.

You'll NEVER do it without the verses fresh in mind while you read my words about them.  Kinda logical, eh?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I'm not saying anything related to that. 
I do not draw those conclusions, or anything like them.

Yes you are. Those are the logical conclusions of your claims.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I'm only trying to tie together a bunch of odd scriptures I've seen over a span of 52 years, and trying to put words together that may explain them.

So you're saying any explanation will do,  no matter how irrational?

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I don't jump to concussions about it like you are doing.  

More like reading what you wrote.

For example, you claim there's more evil. In the world, yet your theory states there should be an equal amount of good. You try to explain this away as God is limited by us. Yet you ignore all the prayers God received at any given time.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

If you aren't looking a lot at the verses I've cited here, you can't possibly follow my words about them.  Go back, write down all the verses, and study them a little bit. Get familiar with them, and then you may be able to see what I am talking about

Maybe you need to go back and rethink the theory you parroted from Saint Vic. Maybe you need to go back and realize he was desperately looking for a reason to explain his own impotence to some honked off followers.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

You'll NEVER do it without the verses fresh in mind while you read my words about them.  Kinda logical, eh?

No, it's not logical, because you're sacrificing the logic of what I'm pointing out in favor of one of Saint Vic's excuses and your pet theories.

Logic is people pray to God and believe. You claim there's a door of some sort that opens allowing God to act and at the same time Satan acts. You also claim there's a rise in evil in the world. Well, logic would dictate a rise in evil a rise in good, as people are praying. Logic would also dictate that if God is limited by our belief then Satan is limited by our fear.

Logical, eh?

Edited by So_crates

On 8/15/2023 at 5:04 PM, Mike said:

If a human properly responds to God's intervention, the world is flooded with good.   If a human responds to the adversary's intervention, lots of people suffer

So what happened to Saint Vic's promise that we'll manifest the power of God if we believe?

Suddenly there are so many caveats on manifesting that the odds are slim that you'll manage to jump through all the hoops.

You have to know what's available.

You have to know how to receive it.

You have to know what to do with it when you got it.

You have to have needs and wants balanced.

You have to believe.

You have to know a corresponding bible verse.

It has to be God's will.

Doors have to be open

It has to fit God's budget.

Sounds to me like Saint Vic claimed we have a billion dollars in the bank. Then he put so many conditions on withdrawing the money, he knew we'd never get it out of the bank.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2023 at 5:04 PM, Mike said:

If a human properly responds to God's intervention, the world is flooded with good.   If a human responds to the adversary's intervention, lots of people suffer

Then there's the questions salvation brings:

Does God "budget" who gets saved when?

Does the individual seeking salvation have to wait for "doors" to open?

Edited by So_crates

On 8/15/2023 at 8:16 PM, Mike said:

you aren't looking a lot at the verses I've cited here, you can't possibly follow my words about them.  Go back, write down all the verses, and study them a little bit. Get familiar with them, and then you may be able to see what I am talking about.

Sure, why not?

If I narrow my thinking to only what I see I'd come to the conclusion that the earth is flat.  We know better, don't we?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 2:03 PM, Nathan_Jr said:

Lots of people, indeed.

I wish victor had never responded to the adversary's intervention.

As I do.  I'd rather be frigging dirt poor.. but then I am.  Too many comments to read here..  Hi Mike.  Hope all is well with you and the rest of the Greasespotters..  Hey- how are you all doing?  Haven't been around for a while. 

On 2/28/2023 at 9:59 AM, So_crates said:

Apparently the all powerful God never learned to multi-task.

Also, wouldn't an all knowing being know how to get his point across quickly and efficiently and not have to monkey around for 21 days.

Might actually be true.  Who am I to cast God's characteristics to my particular logical framework, and believe me, I have tried.

Getting across quickly never seems to work well.  Ask a student in the middle of a calculus course sequence..

nope.  takes a frigging eternity to figure it out right..  heh

On 8/15/2023 at 4:27 PM, So_crates said:

My personal experience here.. I'm overworked and overloaded. The venues I personally work in- the requirements and requirements within the last couple of years have easily tripled along with reduction to half the salary. What about you? Retirement is a pipe dream, as they say..

On 7/11/2023 at 10:20 PM, Nathan_Jr said:

No one is playing chess.* 

For twenty years Mike has dodged, deflected, distracted, ignored, accused, projected, whined. These are not excellent moves, but they are his, and they are telling.

Hey! He is doing his best.

* In the original Sanskrit chess is literally sabrina. It's a free radical. The game is not chess. The game is sabrina - sabrina, Sabrina, SABRINA! No one knows what sabrina means, but my hunch is it's a type of ancient cookie or the name of a mermaid. I can't prove any of this. You'll just need to take my word for it. Write it on a 3x5 card, if you must. ABC. Simple. Math.

I dunno.  sometimes, the best is all that any of us can do..  sometimes it is damned pitiful.. I've had my share of this.

On 7/10/2023 at 11:18 PM, Nathan_Jr said:

“God is doing His best..”

Wow. Just. Wow.

“God is trying, he really is, he is really trying his best, and that’s what he’s doing, his best. But there’s a budget, you see, and double doors and devils! Lots of hindrance for God, but trust he is doing his best!”

All of these imaginative, conceptual constructs projected onto and for God!!

“I won’t let go…I will hold on tight to this image… I will clutch to this beleeef imagined… I will belleeeve my way into a known concept of God! it’s just got to fit! By Snowball Pete I will MAKE it fit!”

Personally- I would ask more serious questions.  Does God really want to be in charge of this convulated mess.. would you?  No, I would not- but weekly, daily it comes back asking questions and justification.. even in this limited temporal life..  maybe we need to read Jeremiah again.  I think Bullinger had it partially right-God is not in the business of repairing that which man has broken..  if it isn't broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, well..  

Hey- how is everybody out there in Ex wayland doing?

have not been around for a while.  Are you enjoying life?  Except for a few human failures it has been pretty well here..

Well.. other than dragging a bunch of parts of myself around from a generally broken life..  but no real complaints.  Heh.

God Bless you all...

17 hours ago, Ham said:

Hey- how is everybody out there in Ex wayland doing?

have not been around for a while.  Are you enjoying life?  Except for a few human failures it has been pretty well here..

Well.. other than dragging a bunch of parts of myself around from a generally broken life..  but no real complaints.  Heh.

God Bless you all...

Hey Hammy!

God bless you.  I’m doing ok thanks yeah dragging parts and doing pit stops to replace them you know how it is!

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting discussion..

Perhaps.. we are placed  in some kind of Cosmic chess game..

God has limitations.. perhaps He chooses them.. else He could not relate to us..

Sometimes I think knowledge is a human contrivance.  Why does the Almighty have to stoop to our condition- maybe knowledge is overrated..

Well, it is what we work with.

Why doe He have to know Everything?  God being almighty certainly could choose to do so.  Or not to.

Who am I to impose my personal philosophy on an eternal being.. 

sometimes in life I gain without making a choice.  I just frigging refuse.. heh.

I have not chosen my last two career discriptions, they have found me.

Anybody else have the same experience?

Enough rambling from a disoriented Squirrel.  heh.