GreaseSpot Cafe

God’s Budget and Double Doors .... On the Scarcity of Miracles

Mike

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

To adjust dimming memories is one use.

Odd, isn't it, how with 50 years of studying the class, we usually tell you what's in the class more than you tell us.

Memory dimmng a bit, Mike?

On 4/30/2023 at 12:50 PM, Nathan_Jr said:

Hmmmm... a coder, a dancer, a comedian, a window washer, an absorber...

When you get tired and defeated trying to deal with my challenges you resort to attacking me as a liar.  I never said I was a professional coder, dancer, or comedian.  I said that I have some pretty extensive experience in those areas.

Are you a jealous one-trick-pony, yourself? 

Sheesh!  I have deep experience in a lot more than what you mentioned. 

On 5/1/2023 at 12:02 PM, chockfull said:

It would take that to discuss the multi professions of Mike the explorer.

The baseline is window cleaner in San Diego. Which is not believable with city conditions and border scenarios driving down the oldest Way profession.

Next coder.

Philosopher and writer

I know I’m leaving some out.  What are other Mike profession claims when he slips up?

A very plausible explanation is that it is a shared account passed around TWI leaders to spin up arguments at gsc.

Another one-trick-pony are you? 

Don't like the wide variety in my life?

I have not bothered to spell it all out here, but you are forgetting several that I have.

*/*/*/*/*/*

But me being a composite person is the one I love the best.   :biglaugh:

Maybe I should play along with that idea....  I mean maybe WE should play along with that idea.  

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

When you get tired and defeated trying to deal with my challenges you resort to attacking me as a liar.  I never said I was a professional coder, dancer, or comedian.  I said that I have some pretty extensive experience in those areas.

Are you a jealous one-trick-pony, yourself? 

Sheesh!  I have deep experience in a lot more than what you mentioned. 

Yah, your experience as a coder is so extensive you still haven't figure out how to break quotes.

Your experience as a comedian is so extensive your sense of humor leaks into your posts.

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

VPW said it in the BRC basement that day in 1982, just before PFAL'77.   I was there with at least 100 other people.

VPW was God's spokesman at the time.

don't think I was clear enough in my response to you.

Mike, are you 5 years old ?!?!?!

Are you stoned ?!?!?!

why do you say stupid $hit like that ?!?!?!

Mike, I need the Lord Jesus Christ to come to my house right fvcking now and tell me that I should believe you. That's the ONLY way I would believe you. Got it? That's the ONLY way I would believe you.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Do you think Jesus was doing that in John 10:10 ?

What Jesus meant in John 10:10 is irrelevant; material abundance is what the ministry taught.

We're discussing what the ministry taught, not what the bible meant.

"Another promise in the Epistle of I John. Way in the back of your Bible. I John, the Epistle of I John, first-second--third John.

I John 5:14:
And this is the confidence [this is the confidence] that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, [if we ask any thing according to his will] he heareth us:

Isn't that wonderful? If we have our need and our want parallel we ask anything according to His will; how can it be His Will if we don't know His Word? His Word is His Will that gets our need and our want parallel. If we know His Word we can parallel it off. And once we get our need and want parallel, whatsoever we ask, we get." -- victor paul wierwille 

I will try to handle this word salad line by line:

That is wonderful.

Where in 1 John 5:4 does it say anything about parallel needs and wants?

If we don't know His Word it can't be His Will? God's Will is dependent on what we know?

So, it is God's Word that is his Will that does the paralleling of our needs and wants?

If WE know His Word WE can parallel it off? I thought His Word is His Will does the paralleling? 

Conlusion:  Uh-oh parallel to Huh?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, T-Bone said:

If Mike is reading this post – I hope he can interpret it properly –

I view what I am doing as a first draft to a future book. 
Sure there are some rough edges, but they can be smoothed out.

It probably wont include the budget/double doors thing. I also abandoned my approach in the thread "The Ubiquitously Hidden Teaching of VPW."  I could not get that idea into the practical use category. 

But other than them, I am pretty happy with what I have contributed here.

...did I mention that I view my posting as a first draft to a future book?

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I view what I am doing as a first draft to a future book. 
Sure there are some rough edges, but they can be smoothed out.

It probably wont include the budget/double doors thing. I also abandoned my approach in the thread "The Ubiquitously Hidden Teaching of VPW."  I could not get that idea into the practical use category. 

But other than them, I am pretty happy with what I have contributed here.

...did I mention that I view my posting as a first draft to a future book?

yes - you did mention it twice in the same post - first and last thing you said.

are you doing okay?

you're repeating yourself.

2 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

None of this is to say that I don't find value in John's Gospel. And that value is not dependent on its historicity.

Do I find all of what is written in the Gospels to be credible? No. For me the value of Mythos transcends historical credibility.

Seeing as this is doctrinal, I'll step away from this tangent on this thread, with apologies. Thanks to all for entertaining my digression.

13 hours ago, chockfull said:

I know that he protests greatly and talks about one person he actually met who can vouch for his identity but in reality other than those who have disclosed it we don’t know each others irl identity here.

Only ONE PERSON?

Wrong again.  Are you trying to beat some kind of crazy Guiness record?

Pamsandiego knew me many years prior to me posting here, and she was the one who recommended to me while we were walking along the beach one day that I should come and post here.  That was before I was dragged here by Research Geek and alphacat without my consent.

I met Pawtucket at Pam's house.

I met with Pam and Sirguessalot together and had coffee once.

Several posters and/or read-only grads here contacted me and we became became close friends, with lots of phone calls.

...did I mention I am viewing this as a first rough draft of a future book?

Edited by Mike

12 minutes ago, Raf said:

Seeing as this is doctrinal, I'll step away from this tangent on this thread, with apologies. Thanks to all for entertaining my digression.

There's a little more to it Raf

Among the other questions I would have:

Who were the SITters?

How do we know they were actually SIT? How do we know they weren't fluent in the languages they spoke?

For something presented a canon, the whole incident is poorly documented.

Edited by So_crates

12 hours ago, Raf said:

I've spoken to Mike on the phone. For what it's worth, he only had one voice. :)

Sorry, Raf, I totally forgot to include you.

Twice in one day you have spoken up for me, adding to several times before. Thank you much, sir.

It had not occurred to me that just like Ralph was a reluctant witness to T.I.P. working pretty well in the early 70s, you have been a reluctant benefactor and witness to me.  I commend your honesty, sir.   I think Ralph was being honest too.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

That was before I was dragged here by Research Geek and alphacat without my consent.

Often thought impossible to do on an internet message board, but, hey, if Research Geek and alphacat got their needs and wants parallel, all they would have to do is ask.

1 hour ago, waysider said:

How does this explain what Wierwille said when he saw the unbelievers being more abundant than the believers?

VPW saw believers with need and not enough extra (abundance) to give to others.

VPW saw UNBELIEVERS without need and enough extra (abundance) to give to others.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

VPW saw UNBELIEVERS without need and enough extra (abundance) to give to others.

He SAW ...

Since you can't see spiritual things, this must  tie back to material abundance.

Edited by So_crates

33 minutes ago, So_crates said:

What Jesus meant in John 10:10 is irrelevant; material abundance is what the ministry taught.

We're discussing what the ministry taught, not what the bible meant.

What the ministry taught was not always right. Things drifted more and more towards wrong as time went by, ESPECIALLY in the TVTs. 

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

Sounds like those believers needed to stop WANTING to give anything carnal or material to others. I mean, they had material NEEDS to take care of. First things first, believers!

Sounds like the unbelievers had their shonta together.

There are many ways to give. Victor was shallow and carnal in his understanding of this. Probably because the giving was all about HIS receiving.

Edited by Nathan_Jr

31 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

yes - you did mention it twice in the same post - first and last thing you said.

are you doing okay?

you're repeating yourself.

Then it is established?

I was joking. 

Old age causes 2 kinds of problems:  short term memory loss, and....   short term memory loss.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

What the ministry taught was not always right. Things drifted more and more towards wrong as time went by, ESPECIALLY in the TVTs. 

And once again, a lot of those TVTs came from the mouth of Saint Vic himself.