GreaseSpot Cafe

Social and Emotional Learning: BITE me

Bolshevik

32 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

How will you learn unless you are taught?

Who will be your teacher?

CASEL will be, that’s who. Be grateful. Stop your murmuring. Don’t do it… doooon’t do it!

Absorb. Retain. Release. 

Did I mention all this quackery mental health by non-professionals on kids gets uploaded to a database?  What harm could come from the profiling children with mumbo jumbo terminology?

7 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Did I mention all this quackery mental health by non-professionals on kids gets uploaded to a database?  What harm could come from the profiling children with mumbo jumbo terminology?

Gross. 

It is probably a way for them to know how (H-O-W) to identify kids who need to renew their minds. And more guilt. And shame.

Children are completely incomplete until they are “taught.”

This is a class on how. 

H

O

W

3 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Gross. 

It is probably a way for them to know how (H-O-W) to identify kids who need to renew their minds. And more guilt. And shame.

Children are completely incomplete until they are “taught.”

This is a class on how. 

H

O

W

Children have no mental defense.

Remember wrist bands and name tags of various colors?

Well maybe some kid hasn't received enough training on various cultural awarenesses.  Perhaps then they shouldn't be allowed to throw birthday parties, since they may inadvertently offend someone who was invited.

8 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

The ears of Americans have become so brittle. No worries. Big Brother has a fix for that.

I'm reminded of works by Burgess, Huxley and Orwell.

https://nhglobalpartners.com/china-social-credit-system-explained/

. . . Just building a nationwide "circle of trust" . . .

Imagine a first grader can't sit still after 4-5 hours sitting in a brick building.  Clearly must be mentally ill, should be diagnosed by non-professionals reading The State's chart, and should carry that label the rest of their lives.  Right?

I remember as a teen sitting with the TWIG leader so a list of devil spirit possessions could be generated.  Very productive meeting as long as the language isn't tested against reality.

https://casel.org/fundamentals-of-sel/what-is-the-casel-framework/

We believe it is most beneficial to integrate SEL throughout the school’s academic curricula and culture, across the broader contexts of schoolwide practices and policies, and through ongoing collaboration with families and community organizations. These coordinated efforts should foster youth voice, agency, and engagement; establish supportive classroom and school climates and approaches to discipline; enhance adult SEL competence; and establish authentic family and community partnerships.

In case it wasn't obvious.  This doesn't stop at the school, the parents get roped in via their kids.  The school is the authority.  The intent is to bleed out into the community . . . it will consume time and resources of parents who are expected to participate.

you know, "witnessing" and "undersheparding"