GreaseSpot Cafe

Forgiveness

chockfull

5 hours ago, Rocky said:

I get it. Of course, I will continue to do me. :love3:

I appreciate your candor and that hopefully you will no longer find disagreement an attack on you or picking on you.

Indeed, there has been plenty from what was shoveled off on to us from Victor Wierwille's teachings and the fallout from his emotionally deficient subculture that was and has been woefully lacking in terms of logic.

I would wonder (out loud, but in no way solicit a response from you) if what helped you decide to leave the cult was more emotionally based than the deficiencies in logic.

Also, I have come upon a hunch that you and I may have been, for a long time, friends on FB but perhaps are no longer.

If that's the case, I still feel bad for having offended you, but am hopeful that both you and I will emerge more hopeful in this life. :cryhug_1_:

Decisions not only mine are based upon some blend of logic and emotion.  I guess the exact makeup of both would be different for me than you.

I have never been friends with you on social media that I am aware of.  

Thx for the response.  Different views to me aren’t offensive.  

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 5:13 PM, Nathan_Jr said:

I don't disagree.

If this is the case, then Christ's forgiveness is self forgiveness.

If Christ is present within, or, more emphatically, powerfully, Christ is inseparable from us, then the forgiver is the forgiven.

I can relate to this logic.  

If we solve our own problems with Christ’s help then there is no place for the narcissist in the equation.

People can choose freely their own future without needing to be entangled with the bondage others seek to profit from a Christ -> believer relationship.

And I can freely give to the most deserving without obligation.

On 10/28/2023 at 2:07 PM, chockfull said:

I can relate to this logic.  

If we solve our own problems with Christ’s help then there is no place for the narcissist in the equation.

People can choose freely their own future without needing to be entangled with the bondage others seek to profit from a Christ -> believer relationship.

And I can freely give to the most deserving without obligation.

So, where do we go from here.. freely forgive, yes.. but where do we go from here.  Freely forgive.. no problem.  Same question stands unanswered..

pretty much it depends on the forgiven.. what do you want, where do you want to go..

• 1 month later...

One last thing about all the recent coverage on Mike Bickle.  Bickle was heavily criticized by church leaders outside IHOPKC and many others for the "confession" letter he sent out.  The letter is shown at the bottom of this report.

https://julieroys.com/breaking-international-house-of-prayer-founder-mike-bickle-confesses-to-inappropriate-behavior-20-years-ago/

One of the points they make is that forgiveness is dependent upon the wrongdoer making an honest and full confession to the one they harmed.  In Bickle's case, as founder of an international church, they believe the confession needs to be made to the members of the church as well.

I am not talking about the healing properties of forgiveness.  I'm only sharing how their position does not support those who say forgiveness is mandatory for Christians whether an admission or apology is ever given by the wrongdoer. 

• Like 1