GreaseSpot Cafe

Cult Facts: The Way International

Rocky

5 hours ago, chockfull said:

Are you saying you don’t think that 50 of the Ways past leaders coerced people under their authority to have sex outside of marriage?

I find it interesting you would characterize the AI claim that way. 

It didn't claim "50 of the Way's past leaders coerced people..." that's what not it claimed.

It claimed conspiracy.

Conspiracy is a very specific word, the meaning of which is NOT encompassed by how you apparently paraphrased it.

Therefore, I AM saying, your paraphrase thereof, or characterization is NOT what the AI alleged.

As far as "sex outside of marriage..." consider there are approx 8 BILLION people alive on Earth at this time.

Sex is universal. Pretty much everybody does it.

As to your effort to pigeon-hole me into "debating" or even answering the question the way you phrased it, I am not interested and will not do so.

As to the old Wierwille tactic of answering a question with a question, in this case, I explained to you why I will not "debate" the question as you asked it.

Have a nice day, and a Happy New Year. :love3:  

16 hours ago, Rocky said:

Are you asking me to justify to you how I view that site?

Why would you need me to do that?

Fine, you believe/view it differently than me. I don't see that as a problem to be overcome.

I don't need you to agree with me. :love3: 

No I was delving into what you understand about AI since you now have it personified and identified wrongfully as the author of the cult facts website.

As usual you pontificate off the top of your head then refuse to own anything you say.

This is about facts not whether someone agrees with you or not.

Its amazing how even facts get twisted up when people are involved in cults.

16 hours ago, Rocky said:

I find it interesting you would characterize the AI claim that way. 

It didn't claim "50 of the Way's past leaders coerced people..." that's what not it claimed.

It claimed conspiracy.

Conspiracy is a very specific word, the meaning of which is NOT encompassed by how you apparently paraphrased it.

Therefore, I AM saying, your paraphrase thereof, or characterization is NOT what the AI alleged.

As far as "sex outside of marriage..." consider there are approx 8 BILLION people alive on Earth at this time.

Sex is universal. Pretty much everybody does it.

As to your effort to pigeon-hole me into "debating" or even answering the question the way you phrased it, I am not interested and will not do so.

As to the old Wierwille tactic of answering a question with a question, in this case, I explained to you why I will not "debate" the question as you asked it.

Have a nice day, and a Happy New Year. :love3:  

Just trying to confirm the position that you are waffling on.

You stated the cult facts website had exaggerated claims.  I was just asking what exactly you felt they were.

Waffle on.  Happy new year

14 hours ago, Rocky said:

Facts according to whom?

Just because YOU claim something is a fact?

As the saying goes, who died and made you God?

I see.  So you can spread an opinion that bolsters TWI and spreads doubt about the facts in a website labeled “cult facts” but anybody questioning your doubt of the facts gets accused of a God complex?

Sounds like you have some issues to sort through.  I’m not arguing with you about your delusions.

Cult facts is a site about cults that contains footnotes, bibliographical info, and links to sources.  

This stands in direct opposition to TWI who obscure and hide facts about their past to include sexual manipulation and finance manipulation lawsuits.

Pick a side or get a sore crotch.

5 hours ago, chockfull said:

Sounds like you have some issues to sort through.  I’m not arguing with you about your delusions.

Cult facts is a site about cults that contains footnotes, bibliographical info, and links to sources

Wow. "Sounds like you have some issues to sort through." How is that NOT a demonstration of projection?

"I’m not arguing with you about your delusions." Oh, really? MY delusions?

"Cult facts is a site about cults that contains footnotes, bibliographical info, and links to sources" Have you ever taken any courses or done any reading on the subject of logic, logical fallacies, or critical thinking/analysis? This might be a good time to start doing so.

So, any presentation of claims, as long as neatly formatted and accompanied by "any ol' someone's written statement (footnotes, bibliography, etc.) attesting to the veracity of those claims" automatically qualifies that presentation as factual? 

Methinks thou doth protest too much. :confused: :wave::wink2:

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Wow. "Sounds like you have some issues to sort through." How is that NOT a demonstration of projection?

"I’m not arguing with you about your delusions." Oh, really? MY delusions?

It is an observation about your approach to the cult facts website where you like to label facts as something to ignore that robots made up.  (paraphrase of you)  since the observation is of your behavior not mine it is illogical to call it projection.

Yes.  Your delusions.  I tend to call facts facts as opposed to something to ignore that robots made up.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chockfull said:

It is an observation about your approach to the cult facts website where you like to label facts as something to ignore that robots made up.  (paraphrase of you)  since the observation is of your behavior not mine it is illogical to call it projection.

Yes.  Your delusions.  I tend to call facts facts as opposed to something to ignore that robots made up.

Your private interpretation of what I wrote about the cult facts website. 

When you write "where you like to label..." what Chockfull claims are, without making clear how/why s/he characterizes said claims as facts...," action(s) are most probably projection.

I acknowledge that by directly pointing out what you said is dubious, I am inviting you, unfortunately not to a discussion of disagreement but to most likely inviting you to defend your claims.

That's, to me, unfortunate. What I'm NOT doing, is characterizing YOU. :love3:

And I'm NOT prescribing what I believe you SHOULD do... about anything.

You are who and what you are and what you want to be. 

IF I were to invite you to discuss particular disagreement about it, I would ask you to define the parameters of this phenomenon you claim is FACT.

Is it solely that some entity (could be human intelligence or artificial intelligence) has a source outside of itself to point to as a source? Or is it important for the source to be determined as authoritative?

Edited by Rocky

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Your private interpretation of what I wrote about the cult facts website. 

When you write "where you like to label..." what Chockfull claims are, without making clear how/why s/he characterizes said claims as facts...," action(s) are most probably projection.

I acknowledge that by directly pointing out what you said is dubious, I am inviting you, unfortunately not to a discussion of disagreement but to most likely inviting you to defend your claims.

That's, to me, unfortunate. What I'm NOT doing, is characterizing YOU. :love3:

And I'm NOT prescribing what I believe you SHOULD do... about anything.

You are who and what you are and what you want to be. 

IF I were to invite you to discuss particular disagreement about it, I would ask you to define the parameters of this phenomenon you claim is FACT.

Is it solely that some entity (could be human intelligence or artificial intelligence) has a source outside of itself to point to as a source? Or is it important for the source to be determined as authoritative?

And now you are babbling.  That is your “projection”.

And deflecting from answering a simple question - “what facts from cult facts do you disagree with or consider exaggerated?”

And now you are babbling.  That is your “projection”.

And deflecting from answering a simple question - “what facts from cult facts do you disagree with or consider exaggerated?”

Again, who died and made you god?

Put another way, what makes you think I am required to comply with your demands?

11 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Again, who died and made you god?

Put another way, what makes you think I am required to comply with your demands?

Whose brain died and made you post babbling nonsense?

Put another way how paranoid do you have to be to consider a question clarifying one of your babbling posts to be “demands”?

Feel free to not answer any questions directed at you and to post more nonsense.  Oh wait you don’t need instructions to do that you do it 2x more than anyone else ever has on this site.

No but I’m gonna see your “keys to life” on every thread regardless of who initiates it.  Whether I want to or not.

Gosh, I hope you're mood lifts soon. :love3:

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

Gosh, I hope you're mood lifts soon. :love3:

Clueless deflection completely unaware of negative impact of actions and blaming it on my supposed “mood”.  

Coincidentally this mirrors the complete lack of awareness and ownership of words and actions of TWI leadership even though I don’t think this individual was involved in TWI leadership.

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

Clueless deflection completely unaware of negative impact of actions and blaming it on my supposed “mood”.  

Coincidentally this mirrors the complete lack of awareness and ownership of words and actions of TWI leadership even though I don’t think this individual was involved in TWI leadership.

Gosh, who would guess that wishing someone well could warrant such a response? :love3:

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

Gosh, who would guess that wishing someone well could warrant such a response? :love3:

Gosh who would guess playing dumb, dodging questions about what you write, and gaslighting people about their supposed mood could possibly make you unpopular?

:rolleyes:

Gosh who would guess playing dumb, dodging questions about what you write, and gaslighting people about their supposed mood could possibly make you unpopular?

:rolleyes:

Okay, you don't like me. I accept that. Why, again, would you EXPECT (even if not demanding) me to do anything other than decline to respond to your questions? :wink2: 

How does your insulting commenting pose anything that a reasonable person would expect me to respond to? :love3:

Put another way, why do you think it is acceptable for you to hijack my thread? :doh:

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

Okay, you don't like me. I accept that. Why, again, would you EXPECT (even if not demanding) me to do anything other than decline to respond to your questions? :wink2: 

How does your insulting commenting pose anything that a reasonable person would expect me to respond to? :love3:

Put another way, why do you think it is acceptable for you to hijack my thread? :doh:

Why would you possibly think that someone asking you to clarify a post is hijacking your thread?  Maybe your response to the question of “who died and made you God?” sounds more like you are hijacking your own thread with personal attacks.

Certainly your vehement insistence on not answering any questions about what you post could hijack a thread.

Look in the mirror for your hijacking culprit.

Edited by chockfull

50 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Why would you possibly think that someone asking you to clarify a post is hijacking your thread?  Maybe your response to the question of “who died and made you God?” sounds more like you are hijacking your own thread with personal attacks.

Certainly your vehement insistence on not answering any questions about what you post could hijack a thread.

Look in the mirror for your hijacking culprit.

You can have the last word. I disagree with you, but you get/got to have your say on my thread. Congrats.

10 hours ago, Rocky said:

You can have the last word. I disagree with you, but you get/got to have your say on my thread. Congrats.

He says as he types in one more “last word” response.

Can you not see the contradiction between your words and actions?

For the sake of this post, pretend I am using the modcat profile. I'm too lazy to switch over.

Rocky, Chockfull, you've spent two pages and heaven knows how many hours arguing over literally nothing. Nothing. You don't disagree on the basics. You're arguing over the potential for inaccuracy in AI?

Are you serious?

We agree on the original post and its application to TWI. But because AI is not a perfect technology, we're going to waste pixels and emotional energy?

I think you guys worship a non-existent God and you (not you, being generic here) lie to yourselves about His alleged intervention in your life, and you are nicer to ME than you are to each other about this non-issue. PLEASE. Find something fun to argue about. Like Speaking Hypothetically In Tongues.

Basta.

7 minutes ago, Raf said:

For the sake of this post, pretend I am using the modcat profile. I'm too lazy to switch over.

Rocky, Chockfull, you've spent two pages and heaven knows how many hours arguing over literally nothing. Nothing. You don't disagree on the basics. You're arguing over the potential for inaccuracy in AI?

Are you serious?

We agree on the original post and its application to TWI. But because AI is not a perfect technology, we're going to waste pixels and emotional energy?

I think you guys worship a non-existent God and you (not you, being generic here) lie to yourselves about His alleged intervention in your life, and you are nicer to ME than you are to each other about this non-issue. PLEASE. Find something fun to argue about. Like Speaking Hypothetically In Tongues.

Basta.

Whatever.  I’m just asking what he finds inaccurate about the claims on the site.

We haven’t even got to discussing limitations of AI because of all the dancing and deflection and name calling and asking whether I’m God or not.

Yes I’m not dropping it and continuing to answer.  I have no idea whether the argument is over nothing or it actually has elements that can be addressed.

Sadly it’s unlikely I’ll ever know that due to all the drama and deflection.

You get more civil treatment because although your position is opposite you don’t engage in all the other nonsense deflecting questions personally attacking and asking if someone is God.