GreaseSpot Cafe

Cult Facts: The Way International

Rocky

8 minutes ago, waysider said:

Can AI Speak in Tongues?

(hypothetically speaking)

:evilshades:

Ok this is semi interesting.

AI produces generated output from petabytes of trained data.

One could argue that a TWI intermediate class student is doing the same thing with messages purported to be interpretation of tongues and prophecy.

One could argue that the mind of the manifester is like AI.

3 minutes ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Did I mention I’m trilingual in speaking in tongues? Both hypothetically AND actually.

I’ve spoken in three different tongues at least twice. So, it’s established. 

Well I’m God.  It’s been twice established on this thread.

And I approve.

:jump:

4 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Well I’m God.  It’s been twice established on this thread.

And I approve.

:jump:

Have some self respect. You are Mr. God.

That’s accuracy and precision as it hasn’t been known since…

46 minutes ago, chockfull said:

You get more civil treatment because although your position is opposite you don’t engage in all the other nonsense deflecting questions personally attacking and asking if someone is God.

I like to think it's because I chilled the F out, but ok.

Please drop it. This is not off topic, but it's so ancillary to the topic as to be irrelevant. I do not see that he questioned a single fact: Merely raised the possibility, which is a fair thing to do for someone who concedes to having all the facts second or third hand (which, I should add, includes the overwhelming majority of people who have posted on this site.

I see no reason to disbelieve anything in the opening post, nor do I see any reason to disallow the possibility that the AI aggregation (assuming there even WAS one) got a fact wrong. It might have. It might not. Obla Di Obla Dah.

51 minutes ago, Raf said:

I like to think it's because I chilled the F out, but ok.

Please drop it. This is not off topic, but it's so ancillary to the topic as to be irrelevant. I do not see that he questioned a single fact: Merely raised the possibility, which is a fair thing to do for someone who concedes to having all the facts second or third hand (which, I should add, includes the overwhelming majority of people who have posted on this site.

I see no reason to disbelieve anything in the opening post, nor do I see any reason to disallow the possibility that the AI aggregation (assuming there even WAS one) got a fact wrong. It might have. It might not. Obla Di Obla Dah.

Hmmm.  The topic is “Cult Facts”.  The question is “which cult facts exactly do you claim are inaccurate?”

Sorry seem pretty direct on topic to me.

Raising a question and then starting a game of dance dance revolution refusing to answer a follow up question, however, does seem pretty off topic.

When you think about it, T.I.P. is a bit like AI. I mean, unless you put  some "yea, verily", and "thus saith the Lord" into the data base to start with, it's not gonna just randomly generate itself.

I don't know if that's off topic or just some silly stuff bouncing around in my head.

10 minutes ago, Raf said:

Where did he claim a fact was inaccurate? 

Any fact?

Where did he say there were actual inaccuracies?

I’m not delving through all those responses to find out where the DDR game started.

He basically was stating as fact AI was involved, then indicated that made it unreliable.

I asked for a specific example.  Then the attacks started.

16 minutes ago, waysider said:

When you think about it, T.I.P. is a bit like AI. I mean, unless you put  some "yea, verily", and "thus saith the Lord" into the data base to start with, it's not gonna just randomly generate itself.

I don't know if that's off topic or just some silly stuff bouncing around in my head.

Yeah the similarities are that LLM is trained on huge amounts of data that could almost simulate human experience.  Then it generates the next most logical thing from that training.

If you think about it the TWI follower listens to very specific ways they run the prayer and TIP in meetings for quite a while watching others do it.  Then they take a class and get “trained” in TIP.  There is a definite case for saying they are also generating a response constructed from previous experiences, and believing because a few phrases are extemporaneously spoken that indicates that it is God giving the words.

We have all seen and experienced some major f ups in meetings when people “get it wrong”.  They are corrected and over time they produce a uniform output.

2 hours ago, chockfull said:

Yeah the similarities are that LLM is trained on huge amounts of data that could almost simulate human experience.  Then it generates the next most logical thing from that training.

If you think about it the TWI follower listens to very specific ways they run the prayer and TIP in meetings for quite a while watching others do it.  Then they take a class and get “trained” in TIP.  There is a definite case for saying they are also generating a response constructed from previous experiences, and believing because a few phrases are extemporaneously spoken that indicates that it is God giving the words.

We have all seen and experienced some major f ups in meetings when people “get it wrong”.  They are corrected and over time they produce a uniform output.

FFS... when YOU blame YOUR words/actions on what (anyone other than yourself) someone else says or does or doesn't say or doesn't do... 

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

FFS... when YOU blame YOUR words/actions on what (anyone other than yourself) someone else says or does or doesn't say or doesn't do... 

??

Sorry what does this comment have to do with the post you quoted about LLM ?