GreaseSpot Cafe

Rosie's handwritten note about the McMullen trial

IMF777

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have questions you want to ask, I will try to answer them if I am able to legally. My e-mail is listed in my profile.

"A battle of wits is hardly enjoyable when the other party is unarmed"

Copyright 2004 by the author

[This message was edited by pjroberge on March 04, 2004 at 21:18.]

Sadie asked about the 21 properties in New Knoxville.

Response: As soon as we are done investigating the land records(and I have time),I will start a new feature about TWI's properties.

There are 21 in the New Knoxville area, some are commercial purpose instead of non profit.

Also, we have records coming from Gunnison of another possible property owned by TWI and have a Texas property owned by TWI with a date of 2003 and Martindale still as president.

We have a special treat coming soon about another property that you will find very interesting.....

[This message was edited by pjroberge on March 04, 2004 at 21:19.]

Thanks Sadie. Many people are starting to help with the research and donations to buy documents like the Peeler evidentiary hearing.

I am ordering the Bennett case from Colorado and would have done a long time ago except it was beyond my means. Another generous benefactor is paying for the @700 pages for us.

A lady contacted me a few days ago who works in Gunnison and has way corpse bothering her to come and be brainwashed.

She found our site and asked me if she could help us expose what they are doing. She asked if I wanted land records of TWI's properties in the area. Next week I should have them, and I will have them up as soon as I can.

So it's not just me, but with the help of friends a lot can be done....

[This message was edited by pjroberge on March 04, 2004 at 21:17.]

IMF,

You said the following.

quote:

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

Please take no offense, but I don't think you can hold the copyright on the ellipsis.

Hi Sadie:

No one would be giggling more than I would if the head of Way Publications (is she still running that dept.?) made a glaring boo boo in grammar in her now-published memo. But "two years is up" is, alas, correct.

It's one of those tricky little rules that often causes confusion, so I understand why you thought her phrase was wrong.

Linda Z

Linda,

Can you document that? I'm trying to find the grammatical rule governing that sentence, but can't figure it out. Best as I can see, it should be, "two years are up," unless it's "two year time period is up." The question is, what is the verb agreeing with? If it's agreeing with "years," it should be "are," no?

Linda Z,

quote:
No one would be giggling more than I would if the head of Way Publications (is she still running that dept.?)

When I was there (1996-2001), she wasn't the dept. coord. Although it was still under her as a trustee. N*k M*xs*n was the dept. coord for way pub after rfr. I understand from friends who worked there they he runs it pretty similarly as rfr did.

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.

quote:
IMF,

You said the following.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2004 by the author. All rights reserved. Posting may not be copied or reproduced by anyone, including employees and followers of The Way International, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please take no offense, but I don't think you can hold the copyright on the ellipsis.

Can you even copyright what you post on a public board? Seems kind of silly to me.

It doesn't matter if we turn to dust...guess I'll see you dancin' in the ruins tonight

Oakspear icon_cool.gif

oakspear:

If I may interject what I know:

TWI may find it harder or impossible to use as evidence in a court trial posts copied from a forum posting that has been copyrighted.

And yes, anything you write can be copyrighted. Posting on a public message board or website doesn't change that.

Copyright 2004 by the author.

quote:
Originally posted by pjroberge:

TWI may find it harder or impossible to use as evidence in a court trial posts copied from a forum posting that has been copyrighted.

I don't know where you got that idea, but if something on the Internet had evidentiary value, it would be no harder to introduce it in court than it would be to introduce a book.

quote:
In that particular sentence, "two years" is singular, being one stretch of time. If one is referring to two individual years, then "two years" is plural.
isn't she referring to "two individual years"???

I'm from Texas, we didn't get this detailed learnin' when I went to school...

She's the kind of a girl that makes the "News of the World" Yes you could say she was attractively built.

Dr. Strangelove, my love: Nope, not in Rosie's sentence.

Here are examples to show the contrast:

"My favorite two years in twi were the year I got in and the year I got out."

"Seventeen years was [not "were"] too darn long to stay in twi."

Please leave a shiny, red apple on my desk. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Linda