GreaseSpot Cafe

Movies "spiritually discerned"

Stuff I heard from various wayfers...

1."Mary Poppins" was devilish because she was a witch and there was levitation in it. Gee and I thought they were using wires.

2. "The Day the Earth Stood Still" had an anti christ figure in it. It was Klaatu the alien, who's earth name was Mr. Carpenter, (nudge nudge) and brought messages of peace to our sinful earth.

I'm just curious if anyone out there remembers any more?

I have to come back to edit this, I just notced I misspelled discern. This is why I flunked DA Way, I can't even discern spelling never mind devil spirits. oh well.

[This message was edited by Vampirella on July 14, 2002 at 11:22.]

quote:
Originally posted by mstar1:

I had one branch coordinator tell me that every child in America got possessed while watching ET.

Personally I think almost everyone who sat through the "advanced" class and took it seriously got possessed with a spirit of stupidity

Oh....My...GOD!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

THAT is the funniest thing I've read today! ROTF!

quote:
Originally posted by excathedra:

the exorcist was spiritually right on the money except for her head going all the way around, the devil did that counterfeit thing just so everyone would disregard the rest

damie damie why you do this to me damie ?

Yeah Yeh! I remember being told that head thing was wrong too! That it couldn't happen. Hey who's to say? Maybe it was a vision like the snowfall?

quote:

your mother belts jocks in hell

ha ha ha ha ha ha lcm sorry

Your mind is being taken over Ex.

It's those devilish books that you read. I saw that other thread where you mentioned that. Don't you know those books attract DEVIL SPIRITS?

ohmygod i am heartly sorry for having offended thee and i detest all my sins because of thy just punishment but most of all because they offend THEE mygod who art all good and deserving of all my love. i firmly resolve with the help of thy grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin. amen.

You all who got out years ago... you haven't dealt with TWI vs. Pokemon or Harry Potter.

OMG! Our BC's elementary school aged son couldn't go NEAR Pokemon cards. His mom read all of them and said they were about as devilish as they come.

Then when the first Harry Potter book came out, I'd read it after my daughter and just raved about it at fellowship one night. The look I got from the BC wife could have frozen the warmest heart. I'm sure it was another reason on their long list to get rid of me! Bravo Harry!

Hope R. color>size>face>

I have children aged 28,25, step-kids 14 and 13.

NOW--

My step kids were made so afraid of ET by their natural mother, that we had to talk them through the movie. I took it upon myself to educate them upon how the movie was made.

Came to the idea that even a gallon of milk can be threatening to SOMEONE SOMEWHERE!

So--my kids are/was/were educated to the facts that ignorance isn't bliss, that an educated kid is a forearmed kid.

I NEVER understood the whole idea that the entire world was bent on messing up a 'believers' walk.

???????????????????

Kay1952

This is too funny! Now Harry Potter doesn't surprise me, cause a lot of Fundies and others yelled about poor ole Harry. Same goes for D&D.

But Star Wars? ET? And POKEMON???? No wonder these advanced classers were so secretive with what they learned!

I guess I never got into the "in" group far enough to be able to be privy to a lot of this privilidged info!

The first rock of ages I attended.

This is really evil but I didnt know it.

my children were waiting for food in line again trying to be good it was hot and crowded so they sang

you ready???

ring around the rosy.

This woman came flying around the corner and started yelling at us.

My children just looked at me not knowing any more than i did why she would grab their arms and pull them apart.

So we went back to the tent and ate crackers instead.

I know the history of the song now but didnt then and my children did not sing it as a death chant they were trying to be good.

quote:
Originally posted by mj412:

I know the history of the song now but didnt then and my children did not sing it as a death chant they were trying to be good.

I think some of these adults need to be careful they don't go overboard on this witchhunting. Kids don't read all this evil devil stuff into things like us "mature adults" (ahem) do.

When kids are 10,11,12 years old they are quite capable of reading adult books anyway. Doesn't mean they understand everything though.

Adults who try to slam all this spiritual stuff into kids heads may end up confusing them. I don't know. Just my opinion.

Didn't mean to get sidetracked there!

quote:

the ET spirit flew in when ET touched elliot's forehead with his long boney finger and i think he said i'll always be with your or something like that

OH MY GOD. Now I not only see where that is coming from but... that movie came out in like 80,81, and I had taken PFAL in 79 I think.

So when I saw that movie...omg....I kind of thought the same thing!

I was so wayferized! I can't believe I just now remembered that.

Nobody told me anything aobut ET from the Way either. I wasn't really going anymore or anything. I was just so wayferized I automatically thought something along those lines! Too much!

I was told that I should NOT see Nightmare on Elm Street. Since I had already been heavy in the devil spirit world (I dabbled with some witchcraft) I would become possessed and go off the deep end.

Well, being only 18 years old, I loved to do the things I was told not to do. I went to see it and I thought it was kind of funny. It was definately not worth getting all upset about.

I must have been way-way-off-fellowship!

0e4a0660.gif

I don't know if this belongs in the "Stupid Leadership" thread or not...

As we were walking to our cars after a bunch of us had seen The Titanic and we were discussing the ending where the main character, Rose, seems to die and sees her "old flame" again. Some were expressing that they were disappointed in the "life-after-death" aspect of the ending. So, I said something to the effect that that could have been considered a dream...

Well, my TC started yelling and I thought his head might start doing 360 degree spins when I said that.

Good grief, man! It was JUST A FRIKKIN MOVIE!

The same branch coordinator who told me about ET, told me that a certain Tom Petty video promoted cannibalism.

He also had a longsuit in discerning of toys, since (according to he) certain dolls had evil eyes and transmitted dayvils to children.

All this came up in a conversation of school shootings ---he never did mention moral and responsible family upbringing as a factor though.