GreaseSpot Cafe

Amazing Sea Monkeys on Mars

Tom Strange

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brother Tom, the trip to the desert was illuminating, to say the least! Reams of data, so much to collate! I'm still sifting through it all. I want to pass on an event that was extremely unusual, to say the least. I still can't quite explain it, but I'll try to describe it.

It was the 3rd night out, approximately 75 miles north east of Barstow, out in the open desert. We'd just finished dinner, cooked on an open fire, and were feeling tired from the day's exploring. Clear night, nearly a full moon and the heat of the day was quickly being replaced by a refreshing cool. Nothing like that desert cool, where the sand's still a little warm but the night air starts to chill.

Off to the right a small jack rabbit came ambling up, cautious, probably smelling the food. He kept getting closer, moving up then back then up again. I reached in the pot of stew still out over the coals of the fire and pulled out a small carrot piece and held it up. His nose wiggled and he stopped and watched intently as I let the breeze catch it's scent and then I tossed it off about 20 feet away from the camp. What happened next...well....

He went around in a circle, cautious, and came up from the right side to where the carrot was laying and stopped. I suddenly noticed there in the dim light a slight shimmering in the air in front of him, between he and the carrot, much like the way the air above the hot sand shimmers during the day. It seemed strange as it was getting cooler and it was nearly dark. But I could see a distinct movement in the air almost like a shadow, but clear. It's hard to describe even now. I leaned forward for a better look and indeed, it seemed the space from just in front of where the carrot lay was quivering ever so slightly, as if diffused through a filter. The more I looked the clearer I could see it although I hadn't noticed it at all earlier in the bright sun - a space about 4 feet wide and 5 feet high of pale, undulating gray-ish white light.

I was just about to move closer to see what it was when the little rabbit hopped forward to get the carrot and crossed over into the shimmering space. And suddenly, he was gone!

I sat there for...several minutes? I don't know how long really. Staring, trying to see where the rabbit had gone. It seemed like the entire desert had gone silent. Off in the distance the wail of a coyote broke through and I jumped a foot! Scared the crap out of me! I got up and stepped forward and then suddenly, just as quickly and clearly as he'd disappeared, the rabbit stepped back into view...out of nowhere! I could't believe it...he looked at me for a long second and then turned off to the other side and took off. In a second he was gone and I was alone again. Mrs. socks came out of the tent and sat down, I guess the look on my face caused her alarm. She asked me what I was doing. I just looked at her and said "I don't know".

What this has to do with our Sea Monkeys! research developed over the next two days. I'm still typing out the notes. All I can say is, it was amazing!!!

Socks,

Wow...that was incredible. I don't get all the significance of rabbits disappearing in the night... but I know you will enlighten us as soon as your notes are compiled.

Tell me...when the rabbit was near, did you feel the love, where you being the love and living the love? I have no doubt in my mind that you were doing all those things sitting in front of your campfire...but did you feel the love radiate from the rabbit at all?

These are my thoughts on the matter for now. I will ponder more and be back.

The power of those Amazing Sea Monkeys is all around us...just be with it and it will be with you. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Edited by baboo

socks, I saw this creature near that same location when on vacation a few weeks ago. It meant nothing to me then but now I wonder if connected to your sighting of the disappearing rabbit. I didn't take a picture of it at the time so I just ran up to the police station and asked them to draw me a composite drawing from my memory. Below is the result of that.

But I can't help but wonder if I may be mixing memories here.

acm.gif

Ahhh...

My Amazing Sea Monkey brothers and sisters! So nice to be able to check in and see that our thread lives on and on! Brother Tom Strange my friend, so nice to see that you inquired about me. My heart was warmed through and throughly! Yes it is near time for me to return to my home in southern Alaska. Unfortunately, I am returning early because I blew out my right shoulder (rotator cuff) while hanging sheetrock for the U.S. Government. Ouch. It definitely hurts a good bit. I guess I am getting old at 47, and shouldn't be hanging rock any more. But the good news is that I get to go home and, well...get laid!! As well as be with my kids and my lovely bride of twenty years. Yeah, it'll be good to be home again....

So, I may not be able to respond to any responses until thursday or friday, but, I love all you guys and gals and it was fun to poke my nose in here for a moment and see what has been going on. So.....Keep the faith! Keep sharing the amazing love of the Amazing Sea Monkeys!

Fraternally yours,

Jonny Lingo

By the way,

I have learned since my return to Haines, Alaska, that David Jones, lead singer of The Monkeys was here in my town on a cruise ship! Apparently, after he arrived, he went on a bicycle tour where they take a van full of people and trailer full of bicycles to Skagway,AK by ferry boat and then to the top of the summit/pass on the highway where they can ride to the bottom. And as they were on their way back on the half hour boat ride, David Jones and all of the other passengers were all gleefully singing Monkey songs, and most notably "Hey Hey We're The Monkeys"!

It's like mow, they all went to Skagway with David Jones and came back as Monkeys! I mean, that seems pretty deep, doesn't it?