GreaseSpot Cafe

3rd annual weenie roast

rascal

For Z and all y'all flyin' in...here's the link to McGhee Tyson...

McGhee Tyson website

If anyone needs a ride or someone to start a caravan from the airport, jes let me know...I live 20 minutes from it.

Tess...if'n ya need a ride, I'm available.

I'm at y'all's disposal , I think (??) I live the closest to the park.

I'll be tenting it...will there be a ''tent city''??? icon_wink.gif;)-->

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear it Jesus Freaky....Definatly tent city...I am bringing my rv and have a couple of extra tents I can set up for added space....if someone wants to camp with us...Hawk usually does...as did Jard last year...the more tents we have...the greater barrier to keep us from annoying fellow campers...

Since you are close some things you could help with are lawn chairs....maybe scoping out the campground...figuring out the best spot for a bunch of us to set up ahead of time....being a three day holiday we will have to get there early in order to have a place... I need to find out if they take reservations for camping ....

I don't know how close the inn and the cabins are to the campsites, but if there's a choice of sites, I'd go with one close to the other lodging options.

Did anyone manage to rent a cabin?

Has anyone looked into reserving one of the picnic pavilions in case of rain?

I just checked the online reservations, and apparently some folks cancelled or they opened up another block of rooms, because now there are 18 available in various configurations. It would still be a good idea to go ahead and reserve one if you're thinking about attending.

Zix...

it's true that the cabins and inn are closer together, but the park is pretty inclusive so it wouldn't be much to travel from the inn to the tent area or vice versa. My family prefers to camp, so that's where we'll be. Maybe we need someone to head up the details and planning so we don't have confusion.

A planning commitee anyone????

Well, maybe Dictatrix is too tough a term for Rascal. Then again, she is a tough girl... Directrix is a bit tamer, and a bit more appropriate, being a totally-inside joke that only she'll get... icon_wink.gif;)-->

Clear skies and hot jets,

Zix9M9Zix icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I've got my room reserved. Got another queen sized bed in the room if someone needs it, too. Now, I've got to make the stew a few times before then to make sure I haven't lost my touch.

I was thinking about a lamb stew as well. Anyone interested???

sudo

Oak,

Re:"I'd be honored to room with you again if you'll have me."

That'll work. I thought my waking up both cheery and early had really gotten on your nerves, though. I'm almost always up between 4:30 and 5:45 during the week but sleep in to as late as 6:30 on weekends.

Maybe if Hawk brings enough pear juice this year, I'll be induced to slumber to 7:00. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

sudo

October 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th? Just about the time it starts getting cold up here in northern West (by GOD) Virginia. I missed the last two weenie roasts due to family affairs. I'll see what I can do to be there this year.

If I do get to go, I'll likely be camping. I'll be coming through Parkersburg and Huntington, WV, and along I-64 and I-75 in Kentucky if anyone needs a ride down there. It's still too early to tell if I can make it just yet, but I'll give it my best shot.

God Willin', I'll see y'all there! icon_cool.gif

Steve.

Â¥