GreaseSpot Cafe

Leading from Behind

skyrider

There has been a major shift since Rosie advanced to president-status with the ousting of craig martindale in 2000......seems like she is "leading" from behind the scenes.

Wierwille built this organization by FRONTING it on several levels......throughout several decades. He rarily secluded himself from public view. And, martindale grabbed a microphone whenever and wherever he could. Some of his wildest rantings were in the OSC lunchroom......and the staff didn't dare miss lunch!

But Rosie is a "behind the scenes" type of leader. She has been tagged as a "great planner"......but really, so what???? Jeez, all kinds of dark organizations have "leaders" that stay in the shadows?

And, some here post that Donna does the same.....off to the side..... watching..... listening..... manipulating..... strategizing....

Year after year.....twi slips deeper into the shadows.

And they wonder why recruitment levels are SO LOW?????

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

quote:
Originally posted by skyrider:

Maybe, Coultxr and the a/v gang have recommended that she stay in the background.......just no good camera angles no matter what they do!!

And the cost of replacing cracked lenses is starting to mount!

A growing organization needs a front man (or woman) but the way isn't growing and it has nothing to do with Rosie or even Craig.

Very few want to be part of an organization that's so controlling. VPW wasn't nearly as controling - in spite of the many other autrocities he committed he was not one to throw people out on a regular basis. There were a few leaders he couldn't control and he bumped them, but never the lower leaders or the rank and file. He'd be happy to have them come along and contribute their money no matter how often their life didn't line up with his teachings. Even in the way corps - people got divorced when they shouldn't have, had kids when they shouldn't have, didn't pay their bills, smoked and all kinds of other things they had agreed not to do and were still allowed to graduate and often given leadership positions.

And he never that I know of allowed others to kick people out.

If they really wanted to grow they should just tone down the control a bit and they've find many who want to be shown a standard that's impossible to live by. Just look at the growth in other fundamentalist groups.

quote:
Very few want to be part of an organization that's so controlling. VPW wasn't nearly as controling - in spite of the many other autrocities he committed he was not one to throw people out on a regular basis. There were a few leaders he couldn't control and he bumped them, but never the lower leaders or the rank and file. He'd be happy to have them come along and contribute their money no matter how often their life didn't line up with his teachings. Even in the way corps - people got divorced when they shouldn't have, had kids when they shouldn't have, didn't pay their bills, smoked and all kinds of other things they had agreed not to do and were still allowed to graduate and often given leadership positions.

IMO...vpw WAS controlling. The first corps program was CANCELLED......and carried the distinct designation as "the zero corps." Who tagged this label on it? Vpw?? ..... I don't know for sure, but it was a stigma that was held over other corps programs.

In several close encounters "of the third kind" [ 1. the man, 2. the teacher, 3. the sociopath ]..... I saw weirwille, the sociopath, give scathing confrontation that was INCARNATE EVIL. In the BRC with some 100 other staff and corps, I couldn't believe how he ripped and tore at the soul of an 8th corps guy. Some of this has been posted before, so I'll refrain from more detail. I witnessed several of these during my twi tenure.

Granted.....vpw allowed some things to slide, and he would adjust to a sympathetic situation, draw back and let people see a "father-type" figure. But it seemed, that even this too was measured.

Wierwille definitely knew how to work a crowd.

sky.. vic was slick, he contradicted himself a lot. Read the profile of a sociopath page link. He would scream and shout, then come back with his charm and say aww, you're still not mad at me, are ya?? after he just chewed ya a new one. He kept people off balance and sold 'em on "THE CAUSE". All stuff way over lcm's head and abilities. Vic knew how to get people back to fawning, slavish adoration--not so for lcm...

quote:
sky.. vic was slick, he contradicted himself a lot. Read the profile of a sociopath page link.

alfa.....yeah, thanks. I went to that link and read through it again. It really does help to piece together the many sides of wierwille.

Another incident.......at the campfire in the way woods, vpw wanted to have a "nightowl" with us corps. Nice night.....a few tender songs.....the crickets chirping in the distance......and vpw starts "sharing the things on his heart." Another forty minutes go by......and then, the piercing static of a two-way radio...kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkssstttskkkkkssss!!!!!

Wierwille's aid/bodyguard -- Jim Crxm had accidently bumped the volume on his two-way radio and he was standing in the shadows about 15 feet away from vpw. Well...........vpw went BEZERK. He railed on Jim with a vicious tongue-lashing for about 5 minutes!!! It seemed like forever.....as the "endless" verbal thrashing took place.

I was stunned and remember very little else that happened! It took wierwille another ten minutes to gain his composure and resume with his sharing.

Jcrim was the type of guy that didn't take shxx from NO ONE. He was ....ed.

He packed his bags and was outta there!!! icon_eek.gif

Didn't they have some teaching about people speaking with winks and finger movements, working in the background, where they couldn't be seen, but the whole time pulling the strings?

What did they call that???????

220.gif220.gif220.gif

Bob.....are you referring to that teaching from Proverbs?? sort of an oriental reference to how people are manipulated in the marketplace or a negotiating situation?? If that's the one.....it's

in the book of proverbs, I think.

alfa....around 1981/82 and yes, I think Jim did head out for Colorado.....but am not sure. Recalling this stuff from over 20 years ago.....just soooooo much stuff, ya know?

As it with all organized groups, open communication is rare once a control freak wants position.

control is about trusting who you should and a good control freak trusts NO one.. but he wants bids for position in the gang that is earned , twi was pure competitition and the faster you could dial the telephone to give the confrontation and "news flash" of another the faster you could be moved up a notch to the inner circle if it was good enough. It was all about people pleasing to gain power and control.

From what I hear she considers herself a CEO and so do the followers. She just stays behind the scenes and lets others do the leading. Are they really that blind?

IMHO they are in serious delusion and denial. They LACK leadership and direction from Ms. Rivenbark. Yet they treat her as a CEO? She has the presidency in her cluthces and there is not a thing anyone can do about it except wait for her to die.

Your abundant sharing at work.

Ha!

I would be soooo miserable to be a part of that thing they call an organization. IMHO at this point it is nothing more than a scam to gullible and weak people.

John Richeson

Tampa, FL

Former 7th Way Corps Grad