GreaseSpot Cafe

Hate to tell you this...

Refiner

In twi, the work promoted to justify a certain degree of anti-semiticism was "The Thirteenth Tribe" by Arthur Koestler. A different way around the barn, but the same result: the Jews of today were said not be to be descendants of those in the Bible, but descendants of a (10th century?) Russian tribe known as the Kazars.

Add to that "Myth of the Six Million" which was also apparently sold in their bookstore at one time.

Danny

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan. Well that is news to me, so VPW espoused British Israel and holocaust revisionism? That is worth knowing.

Refences would be good if someone had them.

British Israel opinions are something that get encountered more frequently than might be thought. Ive run into them at a church I attended called "Revival Centres International", based in Australia. This church, on the surface, appears to be just another Christian gospel church. Armstong of course, and the notorious "Identity" movement.

The "Identity" people I was associated with made a habit of attending Pentecostal churches, seeking out vulnerable young women, offering them Christian homes, and seeking to absorb them as "plural wives".

quote:
Originally posted by dmiller:

quote:
What you call coolers, we call eskies.

Pass me another wine-eskie please. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Ahhhh... not that kind of cooler, I meant the box in which you carry your drinks, to picnics and whatnot. If you don't call them coolers, what do you call them?

We have coolers of the alcoholic kind too. I like Lemon Rushkies, which are made of vodka and lemon flavouring.

quote:
Ahhhh... not that kind of cooler, I meant the box in which you carry your drinks, to picnics and whatnot. If you don't call them coolers, what do you call them?

If it is full of food and beer, I call it my "support group". icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Hate to tell you this, but...

Paul Hogans "Crocidile Dundee" was based on a real person in the Northern Territory who was eventually killed in a shootout with Police.

icon_eek.gif

quote:
The 'real' Crocodile Dundee dies in shoot-out with cops

Australian bushman inspiration for hit film

August 5, 1999

ASSOCIATED PRESS:

DARWIN, Australia -- A rugged Australian rancher whose feats of survival in the outback inspired the movie character Crocodile Dundee was killed in a shootout with police, officials said Wednesday.

From a hiding place in bushes along a highway, Rodney Ansell, 44, ambushed and killed Sgt. Glen Huitson on Tuesday, police said. Another officer returned fire, killing Ansell during the confrontation, 30 miles south of the Northern Territory capital of Darwin.

Ansell's barefoot body was found with two high-powered rifles, police said.

quote:
Originally posted by Refiner:

Dan. Well that is news to me, so VPW espoused British Israel and holocaust revisionism? "

I don't recall vpw specifically promoting the British Israel theory, but rather, Koestler's theory ("The Thirteenth Tribe") along with a couple volumes of holocaust revisionism.

Danny

quote:
Originally posted by lindyhopper:

hey Danny, i have been interested in the validity of "the Thirteenth Tribe". Maybe I'll start a thread. Not that it will make me hate or love Jews any more or less, but just curious.

I'll save you the trouble.

We discussed this on a thread once.

The main premise of the book was that the modern "Jews" are genetically

different from the historical "Jews", and are all instead descended from the

Khazars. This was disproven by taking DNA samples from various Jews and

doing comparisons. They are genetically the SAME people. The end. icon_smile.gif:)-->

(If you need a smarter answer than that, dig for the old thread or start a

new one and ask for our resident scientists to check in.)

quote:
Originally posted by Refiner:

Dan. Well that is news to me, so VPW espoused British Israel and holocaust revisionism? That is worth knowing.

Refences would be good if someone had them.

British Israel opinions are something that get encountered more frequently than might be thought. Ive run into them at a church I attended called "Revival Centres International", based in Australia. This church, on the surface, appears to be just another Christian gospel church. Armstong of course, and the notorious "Identity" movement.

The "Identity" people I was associated with made a habit of attending Pentecostal churches, seeking out vulnerable young women, offering them Christian homes, and seeking to absorb them as "plural wives".

If vpw taught the British Israel thing, I didn't hear about it.

"The Myth of the Six Million" says that the numbers of people killed in the

Holocaust are inflated, and the nazis weren't THAT bad, actually.

I just explained "the Thirteenth Tribe" one post back.

Actually, I think Herbert Armstrong taught the British-Israel thing. Ever read The United States and Great Britain in Prophecy? Makes the 13th Tribe look like the Torah.

Raf , Ive encounteres British Israel beliefs in a number of groups I didnt expect to find it, Armstrong and "Revival Centres International" among them.

And now a possible hint of it in Wierwille.

We learn something every day.