GreaseSpot Cafe

where is GS Cafe headed? (iyo)

dmiller

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Sanguinetti:

I am glad that Long Gone is trying to work with you. I only hope you will listen to his counsel.

Ugh, Mark. I'm not "trying to work with" Zixar or offering him "counsel." I'm just having a discussion.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zixar, you threw the first stone on this thread. You called Chuck a liar and a baby. Excathedra already told you clearly what you did. So why didn't you get the message the first time? Arguments just seem to follow you where ever you go. I think you like it. The problem is that when someone fights fire with fire with you, you usually whine like a school boy and go running to Paw for stricter rules. So now you have found someone, Chuck, that does not write well and that you can bully on this forum. Well Zixar, enjoy it while you can.

Actually on the JWO site Chuck calls himself a liar. What we say regarding it really makes no difference if the author himself admits to lying to us from that platform. And somehow this action of his is suppose to make him the bigger man. Umm I certainly can't understand that thinking nor do I desire to. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

quote:
I really hope that boys and girls like [removed] can find a forum where they can feel free to snipe, bitch, and vent with all the four-letter words and half-witted personal slurs they can come up with. That's just never been what this place was all about, nor should it become that place.
...except for the four letter words...
quote:
You have little room to be comparing pots and kettles.

P-Mosh: Yes, I've seen it, and it merely confirms the opinion I had formed about these people.

, the whole bitter, two-faced lot of them.

You surprised me, though. I hadn't exactly pegged you as a vulgarian of that magnitude.

quote:
Originally posted by Zixar:

P-Mosh: Yes, I've seen it, and it merely confirms the opinion I had formed about these people. _

_ , the whole bitter, two-faced lot of them.

You surprised me, though. I hadn't exactly pegged you as a vulgarian of that magnitude.

Vulgarian? icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Yes, I do use profanity extensively, which I have perfected while driving in some of the largest cities in the U.S. In fact I can curse extensively in English and Spanish, and know some words/phrases in German, Japanese, Gaelic, and Arabic as well.

On the other hand though, you'll notice who I verbally attacked over there, so I think you'd probably agree with my vulgarity towards TWI in spirit, even if you don't agree with the words I used. They are after all, the people who continue to hold the minds of my loved ones captive.

HI everybody!

I've been away for a couple of weeks (moved), and am just now catching up to many of the posts. Sheesh, what mountains out of molehills!

My opinions on some of what has gone on:

exJW's on Greasespot: I had read many of Refiner's posts right from the beginning. He'd stated that he had an interest in different cults and their followers, and he bought a PFAL book on eBay to get a handle on the doctrine. I saw no reason to disbelieve his story. I enjoyed his insight into cult behavior. Greasespot has had no problem welcoming innies, outies, and never-beens before. Don't stop now.

Christians/non-Christians on Greasespot: Refiner has decided to reject Christianity. Other Greasespotters represent the full spectrum of belief: TWI believers (whether in or out), near-TWI believers, mainstream Christian believers, believers in other religions, agnostics, atheists, and the unsure. Many have been frank about their beliefs. Some are dismissive about those who disagree with them.

I think a person's current religious view is NOT a reflection of that person's intelligence or amount of healing from their cult experience. (I guess Refiner had said something on the ex-JW site to the effect that we are all still pretty messed up.) We don't have to reject Christ if we're properly healed; neither do we have to accept him.

But I am amazed at how shocked people are to have Refiner make a non-Christian statement, even to leave Gspot over it. Jesus was rejected when he was in the flesh; how are you surprised/offended that he is rejected now? He knew he would be. Does Geo offend you? Do you want P-mosh kicked out of Gspot?

I have hope that Christ, eternity, and final justice are real. I do not "know that I know." I hope I'm right, I could be wrong. Is my opinion somehow not as important, educated, or valid?

Jesus did not freak out that he was rejected. I trust that he continues to love, with empathy and understanding, without condescending hypocrisy. I don't think there is a need to be offended on his behalf because some do not believe.

Potty mouth/free speech: I guess the ex-JW site does not censor 4-letter words. I am quite familiar with several of those words, but I can state my case with or without them. Pawtucket has decided that he does not want it on HIS site, nor does he want the personal slamming. I can understand that, as we can cause just as much damage by saying "yo mama" as we can by saying "f*** you."

Disagree, then back it up. That's how it works here -- if it works differently elsewhere, then play by those rules there. And remember that the poster you think is a jerk spiritually, just might love the same recording artist and political candidate that you do. And if he disagrees with you and thinks YOU are a jerk, hey, he's on the Internet, what DEEference does it make?

Moderators: Paw stated a long time ago that the moderators do not look at Private Messages. The old system had a bad counter that would increase the count of hits on a page incorrectly. Paw fixed it by taking the hit counter off. He added a function that informs your email when you have a new post in Private Messages. (I find that very helpful, as I don't check the PM all the time.) Don't reply to the email, or you'll be talking to a moderator -- go to the site and reply there, just like you do on the public boards.

I think Paw and the moderators have been wonderfully tolerant. They hope that we will act like grownups and solve our personal disagreements, so they let an occasional slight or profanity go by. Do we want them to monitor every word, and kick off every offender? Maybe Kit Sober would be the only one left!

Is Greasespot going downhill? Nope. It has always had hot issue times, and quiet times. Come and go as you need to or want to. But our best work has always been done when we bring our brains to the discussion, and leave our hot buttons in our other jacket.

Regards,

Shaz