GreaseSpot Cafe

JustPlainSilly: If you like watching fights...

Zixar

I think excathedra does fit in well at JWO. Her candor and humor are easier to appreciate in an unmoderated environment. She might even have a positive influence where the exDUBS' cynical outlook is concerned. They haven't seen anything like her before. Then again, neither had GSC or Waydale.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been keeping up here for the past week or so, but I haven't figured out the purpose of this thread. Is it to incite cross forum fighting, or is it to revel in bitterness and whining?

I've personally tried to avoid participating on this site for that reason, and I've tried to avoid the similar threads on the other site. Haven't we had enough meta whining to last for an eternity? Let's go argue about politics rather than incestuous message board personalities and who said what.

quote:
Originally posted by satori001:

quote:
Originally posted by The Girl From Oz:

Hate to tell you this, but... [n]one of us are interested about who said what on GS many moons ago. Satori, Zixar and the others mean nothing to us. They have no significance.

Prisca, when you say "... the others mean nothing to us," that better defines the cynicism I see than any "rebel spirit" you perceive within yourselves.

I concur. Apparently, however rotten TWI was to some of us, it wasn't the soul-crushing moral vacuum that chewed and spat JWO back out.

quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jim:

That's it? I saw it, I read it, I noted the context. I see no advice to JWO members, just a passive opinion.

Perhaps you have some yet unstated motive for stirring up contention between GS and JWO. If so, be honest and say it. If you can't do that, at least paraphrase the JWO posts honestly.

Jim: It's hardly my fault if you try to read your own agenda into what I post and fail.

Excellent Zix. The I know you are but what am I reply.

quote:
Originally posted by Jim:

quote:

Jim: It's hardly my fault if you try to read your own agenda into what I post and fail.

Excellent Zix. The _I know you are but what am I_ reply.

No, Jim, it's the stop putting words in my mouth reply. Unless you give me a script, I have no idea what the little straw Zixar puppet you have in your mind is trying to tell you.

Fortunately I don't have "a little straw Zixar puppet" in my mind. A concept, BTW that I find quite disturbing.

No Zix, all I'm looking for is a straight answer. Why are you so interested in getting GS people involved in a dispute at JWO? So interested that you'd misrepresent the meaning of a post.

Jim: I misrepresented nothing. Read this very carefully, too: I never (not once, go back and check) advocated GreaseSpotters to get involved in that dispute.

I'm kind of morbidly curious as to what your straw man's impression of my voice sounds like. Odds are, it's just as off-base as your accusations.

quote:
Originally posted by Zixar:

Jim: I misrepresented nothing. Read this very carefully, too: I _never_ (not once, go back and check) advocated GreaseSpotters to get involved in that dispute.

This is why I posted my question above as well. If your goal was not to involve GreaseSpotters in a flamefest on another site, why would you have posted this thread? We all saw the arguments that went on here last week and prior around the JWO users that came here, and those that wanted to continue the argument picked it back up at JWO and left GreaseSpot pretty much alone. The other threads either scrolled off of the page or were moved to other forums here, so the fighting died down here and people started getting things back to normal. However, you then posted this, which I don't see how you could have done without knowing that it would start the fights back up here. I think it's a matter of restraint that the people there have not come back to flame you here, and I think it's good you made at least one post there, although I'd prefer to see threads like this over there rather than here.

The point is that I believe you posted this in order to "sow discord" as the Christians would say. I can see no benefit to anyone for starting this thread, knowing well what had just went on here and that it might spark things back up. It looks like it might have even been an attempt to get people on your side by pointing out the bad things other people have called you. I don't know, but I don't think it was a good thing for you to post this thread or to maintain it.

quote:
...if you're the kind of person that has a laugh at internet fights, grab some popcorn. There's a pretty good one starting up at JWO...

If you're not the kind of person that has a laugh at Internet fights, the rest of the post, and the thread, is not addressed to you.

The post also alerts people who might be interested that Satori has resurfaced. I find that interesting.

Zixar then addresses someone who's already at the other site (and here), not trying to get anyone else involved in it.

So, two reasons: 1. There's a good fight going on if anyone's interested.

2. Satori has resurfaced.

Good enough reason to start a thread? Is there a committee to determine these things, now? How did I miss that announcement?

Raf - All threads are supposed to go through the Mod Admin Consolidaton Kit, or "MOCK" for short. I swear I saw this on a thread earlier but it may have been grandfathered in to the deletion migration that followed the new procedures. Basically, everyone gets a kit with forms, quality control criteria and a nifty little software tool that determines 1)where your thread can be best located 2) size restrictions and 3)forms for special requests like use of the "GSProfanity Icons/Emoticons". There's some neat new ones available, "Poo Poo Head", "Tool Nose", etc. I'm surprised you didn't get your copy yet.

Just kidding. Paw, just kidding...put down that....PAW!!! just kiddddding!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

really.

Satori's back, you say? I may have to check out that J Dub site. Are they still online and alive post-Satori?

Just kidding, all J Dubs. Really....! Put down that .... stop!! justkiddddding!!!! don't spread that....stoppp!

quote:
Originally posted by satori001:

quote:

Hate to tell you this, but... [n]one of us are interested about who said what on GS many moons ago. Satori, Zixar and the others mean nothing to us. They have no significance.

Prisca, when you say "... the others mean nothing to us," that better defines the cynicism I see than any "rebel spirit" you perceive within yourselves.

Just calling it as it is. If you don't like it, then that's too bad.

On this site you are a big fish in a little pond. Elsewhere on the net you are a little fish in a very big pond.

icon_cool.gif

quote:

Of course Satori is "calling as it is" as well. Satori's "fish size" really has nothing to do with the relative validity of his statement.

quote:

On this site you are a big fish in a little pond. Elsewhere on the net you are a little fish in a very big pond.

Hmmm. Okay, so which one is me again? The big pond is the small fish and the little fish is the bigger..., but then the pond with the little...? Could you make it less complicated?