GreaseSpot Cafe

Thrid Annual Southern Comfort Weenie Roast

herbiejuan

Greetings oh great and wonderful G'spotters!

It is my pleasure to announce the upcoming Weenie Roast to be held on Columbus Day weekend

October 9-11 at Falls Creek Falls in lovely Tennessee.

Directions and information can be found at:

http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/p...FallCreekFalls/

This event is a responsible event, meaning you are responsible for yer stuff including lodging. Cathy has graciously agreed to coordinate the food this year so if you want to bring stuff get with her.

Last I heard there were no cabins left but plenty of campsites so plan on coming early n staying late!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're gonna hafta skip this year....what with buyin a new car for me, paying for the wedding and honeymoon, the new house, gettin four kids ready for a new school year, and me bein outta work this summer...we kinda need some time to regroup!

Raincheck for next year?????

(we'll be bringin our kids, fer shore!!!)

quote:
posted by wwjesuslaughat:

DMiller: I play a mean egg and sing a decent Alison Krauss.

A "mean egg"?? icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> You've got my curiosity up, and soaring!

If you play fiddle, and can sing, like Allision Krause, you are some one I would like to meet! icon_wink.gif;)-->

DMiller:

White Dove is correct. Since the egg is not a traditional bluegrass instrument, I can understand your not knowing about it. It's a little quieter than a tambourine, which I can bring too if you like. As far as the fiddlin' part, afraid I never got around to that. I just sing. I've had the opportunity to sing in different groups with the DeB***l boys in NC. They are fantastic musicians.

I'm sure we'd have lots to talk about!

wwjla -- Thanks! (You too WhiteDove) I know what they are now. Frequently at some of our jam sessions, parents there that are picking, give their kids (which they sometimes bring along) those eggs to shake, and keep time with. I thought of that after I asked the question.

Was just kidding about the "fiddling" part! icon_wink.gif;)--> Guess I was hoping that if you could sing like Allison, that perhaps you could fiddle like her also.

But I guess if you could do that, we'd be seeing you on the Opry, rather than here. icon_cool.gif

Belle this is open to everybody, last year we had folks that'd been out for along time, some that got out recently (5yrs) and my sources tell me a few innies dropped by but were too shy to say hello.

I called yesterday asking about the cabin (I'm still camping but figured I'd snag it afore someone else did...) anyways it was taken but I put my number on a list to be called for the next available cabin.

HOWEVER...if you want a cabin and will be near a phone during daylight hours AND have a credit card then you might consider calling and asking to be placed on their reserve list. I'm guessing normal peoples plans change just like ours so there still may be some spaces opening up.

Thanks Belle

A couple of words about previous Roasts,

Pets were fine and frequently entertaining in their own right (especially horsedog) but they do need to be on a leash.

Park rules state no alcohol or firearms (in the same sentance no less icon_eek.gif ) so if you get drunk and shoot something be quiet about it anim-smile.gif

Most meals will be communal but relying on that alone for sustinance isn't a good idea as we did run out of food a time or two (but Cathy's intrepid kitchen wizardry saved the day icon_smile.gif:)--> ). Remember this is rural Tennessee where they roll the sidewalks up at dark (not to mention dry counties) so finding suitable food fer the munchies at 9 pm (or more vino fer the beano) might be a problem.

Nights can get cold (duh, it's october) and rain may pass through during the weekend so if you are travelling from nearby could you throw in a few extra blankets just in case your neighbor needs one?

Thanks thats all for now

Mikey yer benevolant dictator emeritus

Sure, WhiteDove, I'd be delighted to eggsit for the roast - but does that mean you're not attending the roast? Say it ain't so!

The princess and I will be attending - presently planning on tent camping, but are considering a room in a cabin - will put my name and daytime phone # on the list when we return home later this wee. (We're still vacationing in FL - now that I have a laptop it's a good thing the school year is beginning soon or who knows where we'd go next!)