GreaseSpot Cafe

Thrid Annual Southern Comfort Weenie Roast

herbiejuan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this event could be a rather large event I am currently seeking relatively sane people to serve as camp hosts. The duties will include snipe hunting and playing hide and seek with the waygb.

Applicants should be versed in what poisen ivy looks like and be able to tell the difference between man or beast at 100 yrds icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Sorry Sudo I was kidding about the camp host thing, the phrase reletively sane shoulda been the tipoff icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

If I hadda guess I'd say as large as last years or half again as big. I'm bringing at least one of my kids and several local folks expressed interest in coming.

The only issue I forsee might be folks coming in unexpectedly late and needing help setting up a tent or rustling up some grub but we sorta handled that last year unsupervised icon_wink.gif;)--> so other n letting folks know where the camping spots gonna be ahead of time (JF??) and a cabin/room # in case they get lost, life should be fine

WWJLA

Hey I hear ya! only I spent 20 yrs dating this one girl...

I guess the real question is have you ever heard of a snipe hunt??? icon_wink.gif;)-->

Once we get closer to the actual roast we'll set up a meeting spot either at a cabin or main campsite so folks can find us when they arrive.

I would like to get an idea of who is bringing what in terms of food and cooking equiptment. Hawk is going to show up later in the weekend so his stuff won't be there to cook with which means...we need pots and pans and a gas grill. If you are local and can bring these things please let me know and if you are bringing food that too.

If there are any questions about the roast I can be reached at herbiejuan@hotmail.com

I am taking care of all paper & plastic: plates, bowls, cutlery, garbage bags, cups. I'm working on getting some of it donated icon_cool.gif

I also have access to a thirty-cup coffee pot that I plan on bringing.

Rascal, I can contribute some food, as long as it doesn't need to be refrigerated, email or PT me and we can work something out

umm, coffey - it's a TWELVE hour drive - he's a darlin and loads of fun, but, did I mention it's a TWELVE hour drive? LOL

The princess and I will only take up 2 seats (we may be bringing a guest, not sure yet, but we'll bring whomever we can... the more the merrier I always say sometimes...

Only two shopping months til the roast... can hardly wait to see paw and everyone who manages to attend!

WWJLA, I plan to call you this week. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> I'm really not as insane as my last e-mail sounded. icon_redface.gif:o-->

I'll be flying in and renting a car. Where should I fly into and what should I bring? I can stop at a grocery store on the way to the park.

I can't wait to meet y'all in person! I've been lurking so long I already feel like I know everyone.

That count seems right to my "pahr juice" addled memory rascal icon_razz.gif:P-->

CW:

I will indeed be passing KC. I welcome car-poolers.

My current plan is to leave Lincoln sometime on Thursday afternoon, no later than 4:00 pm, drive until I can't stand it any more and get a hotel room for the night (probably the other side of St. Louis somewhere), then start driving again in the morning. Last year I arrived about 3:00 pm and the pole-dancin' dentist and I hosted the opening events at our cabin, featuring Sudo's "Better Than Sex" Stew.

I am working on contributing a second dish for the Friday night dinner. I am putting on an event at my store that involves lots of food. We will be cooking up sausages and peppers & onions and cryo-vaccing them for storage. I have a big ol' catering type roaster that will accomadate mass quantities. If I sucessfully solve the issue of keeping them cold through Friday night, we'll be eating some sausage and peppers with the BTS stew.

You know what might be nice? If someone of the Friday arrival could bring some cornbread, or rolls, or something to go with Sudo's stew.

Hey Sudo, are you still shooting for a mid-afternoon arrival?

Well, Oak, my husband is now thinking about taking the vacation pay but not the vacation.

Our house in Topeka was burglarized a couple of weeks ago...and a box of my checks were stolen and used all over Topeka. It screwed up my bank account (over $600 worth of checks were written) and we're still in the process of catching up.

I hate to be wishy washy...but at this point I'm going to say count us out. Sigh.

WhiteDove,

My email is CoolWaters@feyaurora.com...if you still wanna meet. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Somebody's gonna be taking pics at the weenie roast and posting them in the Pic forum...right? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->