GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Tom,

Re:"Herr Doctor, had you telephoned your strange friend my wife could've whipped something up for you that would knock you out!"

Live and learn. I didn't know you lived in Dallas, Tom, or I would have sure let you know we had a 2 hour lay over and then let YOU decide if you wanted to visit us there. Oh, and good Mexican food would have been nice too, of course. We wound up eating at a TGI Friday's in the terminal. Decent Buffalo wings. Man, I just didn't know :( .

sudo

P.S. Kathy knows the TV show!!!!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2.jpg Pay no attention to the avatar on the side! This is Sudo here!

I do believe we have a few winners here. Oh yeah we don't win or lose do we. Well I do believe we have a few folks that know the right answer. Was that correctly spoken? LMAO since I know "I" Sudo hate PC poopola!

Have a great day y'all I'm fixin' to go yank out some teeth....LMAO

Kathy,

So so funny, girl. Yeah, grab you a forceps and lets have at it extracting a tough 'ole molar!! :biglaugh: You asked me a question and I'm just now getting back to you. Yes.. I liked Kung Fu a lot! Great show! Why.. don't you remember?? Everybody was kung fu daaaancing....

sudo

Yes it is. Thank you not so strange one. And it was in reply to Sushi's play on words (below). And he was responding to my Fu Po question to the not so strange one. But it was all I had to give at the time I gave it because it didn't require me to speak. I'm better now. :)

and if the foo shi*s........wear it. :biglaugh:

Is there any figuring out why it is people like different music forms??

I've known quite a few #1 hits on the hit parade that I never cared for. Now that term "The Hits Parade" must be nostalgic to a lot of you guys. I remember my mother buying sheet music that would loudly proclaim how high it went on the Parade. Anyone know whatever happened to The Hits Parade?

I mention different types of music people like because of this clip I'm posting ( and its not very long) HERE! it has a classical sound that lots of people don't care for but as a movie theme?? It's very popular. Go figure. Anyone know the Acadamy Award winning movie?? I think they've just come out with a sequel.

sudo

c'mon ChattingKathy! give us a guess!

At first it sounds like some kind of Russian movie, maybe "the hunt for red october" or that one about the submarine sinking... but then I thought maybe it was that one with Russell Crowe... heck... I don't know... it could be flipper for all I know...

so if it's an academy award I'll go with "Master and Commander"...