Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kathy,

Great choice! But tell me the truth.. did you watch this show at all? I mean it's such a *guy* kind of show. I'm trying to remember the other WWII show on at about that time but it's slipping my brain at the moment. Though WWII was over 7 years before I was born so wasn't a part of my memory, I always felt that it was so close that it was a part of my collective (to steal a trekkie term) so to speak. When this show came on TV, WWII had been over only 15 years previously. That would be like a show today taking place in 1991.. when Bush the first was President. Not that far away, huh?

sudo

Sudo,

I think it had something to do with the colt.45 on their hips. :)

Nah, it was more the two men SaintGeorge named Sgt. Saunders and Lt. Hanley. As a girl I found them handsome. But they were real kind of people and I could understand things they were going thru. I was actually sad when Vic Morrow was killed in the freak helicopter accident while filming a Twilight Zone movie. I'd heard he was beheaded but I don't know if true. As well the two children he was carrying were killed.

Sushi,

I was so hoping that would come back up because I can't for the life of me figure out what you're guessing at. :redface:

Hiwayman,

What a way to go. I heard it was dark and the waters were dark so once the blades went down into the water it was hard to see even with flood lights overhead. I guess when the blades hit the water it hit them.

I didn't like Rat Patrol but I loved Hogan Hero's even if it was absurd in light of the entire world being able to come up under that bunk yet they never went any distance after going down it. <_<

As a member of the Jewish fraternity ZBT (long story), I remember receiving a letter from Robert Clary ("Le Beau" of "Hogan's Heroes") explaining how horrible it was that people were downplaying the Nazi terror. Under the circumstances, I thought it a bit hypocritical.

George

Sushi,

Re:"Could the singer be a car part+ a flower?"

I'm sorry I didn't answer this the first time, Sushi, but I didn't want to appear ignorant. Now you have forced my hand so I have to say... I don't know :( . The song wasn't nostalgia.. it was by Pearl Jam and the lead singer is one Eddie Vedder. Click HERE! for the oldie. George, you can just skip it as you don't care for the song's lyrics which I understand. Anybody heard of The Cavaliers? Nope... Didn't think so. They were a one hit wonder with this song back in 1964 but it was pretty popular. I remember it from late Summer because I was visiting my aunt in Chicago and this song was all over the radio.

sudo

Hi there CattyKathy !! Thanks !

Hey are you able to hear the song that I posted along with the pic ? All I'm getting on my end is the ""Bluzeman special" <_<

THAT IS TOO FUNNY ChattyKathy !!!!! LOL!!! You are hilarious !!!

The song is supposed to be "Both Sides Now" by Glen Campbell

oops

I'm working on your thingee....I saw you had a ? instead of an / and I thought that would fix it but it didn't...hang on....

Although I love his intro so I'm glad it's wrong for a little while. :)

HERE Let's see what the error message is then.

Cowgirl, go back into your account and make sure that name is exactly as you typed it. It doesn't seem to be able to locate it.

Edited by ChattyKathy

Yes that was my link for sure.

I posted Cowgirl's link the last time to see what the error was when you tried to open it. To me the word presume implied you might have been questioning. But why I would try to think this late after this maxed week I'll never know. :)

I think she left the computer after she tried to fix it at 10:32. She'll be back. :unsure:

As for me my eyes no longer want to look at this screen so I trust all will rest well. :sleep1: