The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kathy's theme was from a show that starred Hope Lange, based on the movie starring Gene Tierney.

"Make Room for Daddy" didn't pretend the second wife was the same person, like the second Darrin. Jean Hagen, the first wife, I THINK passed away in real life, and there was a short period of time before Marjorie Lord became the second wife, bringing Angela Cartwright with her.

Angela runs a gift shop in Burbank, CA called Rubber Boots, which I used to live right down the street from.

She still looks like Angela Cartwright, or maybe like Angela's mom, which is fine since I look like my dad now.

Speaking of 'Lost in Space'-the actress with the real fountain of youth is Marta Kristen who played Judy. She looks better know than she did back then. The same can't be said for Bill Mumy though.

Sudo,

That song was the only original recording on a recent 3 CD set of the 60's I just bought on impulse while standing in line at Best Buy. It was a whole 7 bucks and I knew the only original there was this one. But I loved many of the other songs and wanted to just hear the arrangement of them and remember even if not the original artists performing.

Hiwayman,

I loved that movie. I thought it perhaps one of the most romantic things I've ever seen.

All have a good morning now!

I've never sat though that movie, but now I'm curious. I wasn't crazy about the tv show, but I realized even then that tv series based on movies pale in comparison.

The 'exception that proves the rule' is probably MASH, which was great until it suffered hardening of the arteries.

Hiway29,

Whoa! I'm impressed with how you knew Kathy's. Like Kathy, I never watched it either. So you visited Angela's shop, huh? Does she give autographs? Kisses and hugs? My family and I are going to be doing Disneyland next week!

Kathy,

Re:"..CD set of the 60's I just bought on impulse while standing in line at Best Buy."

They know how to put this stuff right under your nose to make you buy, huh??

Here's on I remember from the 50's. It's a soap opera that I don't think even comes on any more but I remember my mother ironing in front of the TV set watching this show. Hear the organ? All the soaps used to have an organ. And it would blast at a dramatic moment! Click HERE!

sudo

Hiwayman,

I think I watched one or two of the television series and it was like adding canned laughter to a finished piece. To have watched the series would have cheapened the movie in my mind so I never had any interest after I saw it was such a disservice to the movie. But the movie....the acting in itself was wonderful and the scenes they used to film it in. Inside her room itself I could have lived my lifetime.

I know I sound corny perhaps but the way he treated her some may find not acceptable. I found it to be very fascinating and have I mentioned it was romantic as heck! :love3:

Moon Girl,

Did you see it?

Sudo,

Oh man it was like an escape from that life of being the wife, mother and housekeeper. And of course they knew the prices. After all the good ones had their hubbies spoken of at the gates ya know. :wink2:

And yup I had to smile at myself and go uh huh they knew what they were doing.

I figured out Kathy's clip from teh clues. I actually watched the show regularly, though I admit to not remembering the theme. I don't know which soap Sudo's clip is from. My mom started watching "As the World Turns" when she was pregnant with me and watched until the day she died. She also watched a number of others as teh years rolled by.

George

All those old soap opera organ themes sound alike to me-I'll take a stab at 'the edge of night' though. Do soap operas still use those organs?

I saw Angela Cartwright once at her store, but didn't pester her for an autograph. I've gone to a few 'nostalgia shows' in the area where actors from old shows would sign pictures for 5 or 10 bucks. I've seen most of the Lost in Space group on a few occasions. Those events are really ultimate geek city, which I fit right in with, apparently.

Have fun at Disneyland, Sudo!! For you I recommend the Indiana Jones ride, and 'Soaring over California" at California Adventure right next door. You may as well take in both parks while you're there, though California Adventure is nothing compared to Disneyland.

You ARE going to DisneyLAND, not DisneyWORLD, right?

Chatty,

Your picked made me chuckle!!!

Moony,

Ted??? ahahahahhahahah .... gosh i suddenly had flashbacks of mainstage ROA!

And ... Tom Strangeboy was here and i missed him... i should check in more often!

Chatty, that pic of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir...god...that woman is absolutely knock dead gorgeous!

Edited by A la prochaine

Moony and Kathy;

Well if that looks anything like me I will take that as a compliment.

Sure does make me want to shave of a few pounds or more

3 or so years ago Milford Bowen asked me "Ted when you are performing do you still get down on your

knees' I told Milford yes I sure do get down on my knees but lately the problem I have is getting back up

Oh by the way my new band is called Ted and The AARP Boys :dance:

ALA you are the best and I sure love your posts and sense of humor :)

TF

Edited by TED Ferrell