The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know what? I bet that is Pirates of the Carribean. I searched a memory of mine where Sudo was telling us he'd been able to transfer from a movie to a link and sure enough I bet this was it. (this link is a dead one now)

Adios,

Howdy howdy, girl! Now you stick around a while OK? I know you Navy families just love the Tidewater area of Virginia but you may get used to corn fields. Uh, does this move mean that hubby is leaving the Navy?

I've been fooling around with my DVD drive and software on the computer. For those of you with a high speed internet connection, click HERE! for the video of the tune I posted from Priates Of The Carribean. It'll wait a few seconds to download as it plays but if you just wait.... it should be smooth.

It rips from the DVD as a 22meg file. I thought I was doing good to get it down to 6 and change icon_biggrin.gif<!--graemlin::D-->. Hey! I'm just fooling around. Can everybody see it alright??

sudo
Actually I probably should have gone back further but you get the picture. :)

Okay I should be doing something else but had to come back once again. And not so strange one I do believe you and I are mistaken and SaintGeorge is correct. I just found the original link and it's live and sure enough....that Sudo is good ain't he? He had me stumped and he'd done it once before. :redface2:

Hiway29,

Ahh! Nice website! I didn't know you had one but its a good thing because you are obviously very talented. And I saw one thing that made me think of the following... Click HERE! and see ifit sounds familiar because.. you worked for a company that produced it.

And yeah yeah, I know classical sounding themes isn't everybody's cup of tea but this was such an entertaining movie, IMO. The visuals that went with this music were stunning but I can't post those easily. I, uh, ripped the music from the DVD we own icon_biggrin.gif<!--graemlin::D-->

sudo

Kathy,

Oooooh!! I'm impressed Sherlock! You remembered way back from last August! Hee-hee! Good for you! Yes.. it was The Pirates Of The Caribbean---Lost pearl. And wasn't that a fun theme song all you classical musical music haters? Aww... I know you guys don't hate classical music.. it just ain't your thang so to speak. But I'm in the middle of fiddling around with a tarantela for posting. Uh, anyone familiar with the term? I hope not... it'll be more fun when I post it later.

BTW.. didn't you guys LOVE the movie Pirates Of The Caribbean? But I'se gots another movie in mind.

sudo

Kathy,

Oooooh!! I'm impressed Sherlock! You <B>remembered</B> way back from last August! Hee-hee! Good for you! Yes.. it <I>was</I> The Pirates Of The Caribbean---Lost pearl. And wasn't that a fun theme song all you classical musical music haters? Aww... I know you guys don't <I>hate</I> classical music.. it just ain't your thang so to speak. But I'm in the middle of fiddling around with a tarantela for posting. Uh, anyone familiar with the term? I hope not... it'll be more fun when I post it later.

BTW.. didn't you guys LOVE the movie Pirates Of The Caribbean? But I'se gots another movie in mind.

<center>sudo</center>

Actually I like quite a bit of classical music. It's big band I don't care for. :(

I won't even look up that word tarantela just so I can be surprised. :)

And I only listened to that movie also. I'm really not good at watching stuff unless in the theater and I can't go anywhere. :blink:

I enjoyed playing Sherlock I did!

Sorry Sudo that I forgot to turn the html on when I quoted you.

Kathy,

A tarantella is a dance that was popular in old Europe. It means "tarantula" like the spider because of the way it was done in a circle and looking like a spider. It was always something young piano students (like myself) learned to play early on. Here's a short example, click HERE! What nationality does that sound like? Hungarian? Slovak? Hmmmm...

But that's just for information about the next tune.. the one from one of the most popular movies ever made. It starts off as a tarantella and I really don't expect anyone to recognize it as it sounds so generic but.. at about the 30 second mark it switches from 4/4 to 3/4 (waltz) time and should sound so very familiar. Click HERE!I have other musical clues so you might want to be cryptic here. This could be a bit of fun!

sudo

Aww... I know you guys don't <I>hate</I> classical music.. it just ain't your thang so to speak. But I'm in the middle of fiddling around with a tarantela for posting. Uh, anyone familiar with the term? I hope not... it'll be more fun when I post it later.

Sorry, not all of us are "uncouth". In fact, I'm going to a concert put on by the Florida Symphony this Sunday. And yes, I am familiar with tarentela. In days of old, it was thought that if one was bitten by the spider, doing the tarentela would cure the person, cause they would work themselves up in a frenzy while dancing.

Edited by moony3424

Kathy, Yes there was tarantella dancing in this movie... and we've had one guess. And heeeeere's another musical clue though its not a give away... click HERE! Great movie.
sudo
I stood in line in the snow for hours to see this movie. I ain't saying no more! <_ that dang html again data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="226189" data-ipsquote-username="topoftheworld" data-cite="topoftheworld" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="39" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic">
Leave the gun...take the canolle.(Just barging in.)
Welcome to you! I don't believe we've met. Nice for you to come hang out with us. You're clue on Sudo's link proves you've been paying attention. Kewl! Edited by ChattyKathy

Tom, the basics about the links given is first guess with a cryptic clue so as not to give it away yet communicate to the link provider you know who it is. It makes it fun for both sides. In time the provider or someone else will give the answer, it's easy to know when it's time.

I've told the answer right out a couple times but it was because I was distracted and that's just the truth.

It's fun if we guess as long as we can. :)