GreaseSpot Cafe

The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

Chas,

I'm sorry you couldn't get the link to play. I think that's one reason we don't get more folks playing with us.. problems woth their connection or media players or sumpin'. As you can see, we really do have a good time even if it gets slow every now and then. You were correct, though.. Rick had posted the theme to New Line Cinema and *I* and I alone was the one who got it. Everyone feel free to genuflect. :biglaugh:

Hey George.. talking 'bout popular songs that were a bit odd.. click HERE! for some strange lyrics. Remember it? Great tune but the lyrics??

sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always heard about the Burn the Chaff thing. Never went. I would never burn something that I loved because some jerk told me to.

But then, as some of you already know, I was a bad little wayfer. :)

Rick

We were encouraged to do it on our own more than with someone else. That allowed us to privately burn what we thought was chaff. Of course that was after much definition had been supplied as to what chaff was.

And yes you were a very bad wayfer you were. Don't you feel bad? Not! :biglaugh:

Hey Cowgirl. Thanks for posting those two Eagles song. I love the Eagles. Saw them in concert with KISS many years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about REO Speedwagon???

Do you like them??

Act2, how warmly cool to see you. Is warmly cool anything like that blonde that bought the thermos because she saw it shining in the hardware store window and went in to inquire as to what it was. When told it kept things hot and cold she was thrilled at such a device and purchased it. Taking it in to work the next day she proudly showed off this shinny multi-use find and when asked what she had brought she replied a cup of coffee and some ice cream.

I love REO Speedwagon but don't have anything of theirs and wonder why. One of my favorite is I Can't Stop This Feeling. Here is a little bit about them that ties to what I said earlier about live or studio performers.

REO Speedwagon's first live album, You Get What You Play For, proved to be the first real commercial success and was certified platinum. The band was always dissatisfied with the producers on their studio albums because they continually failed to capture on tape the same quality as the band's energetic and ever-popular live show. The live album, which was self-produced, changed that. Indeed, all subsequent albums would have band members participating as producers.

Sudo, I LOVE that song!!!!!

Does that make me strange? :blink: <_<

I must not be so oh oh oh... :unsure:

Hey Bowtwi!

Are you coming down to play with us?? :biglaugh: I've gots a few movie company themes I've been posting.. Here's an oldie since this *IS* the Nostalgia thread! Just click on the picture below to hear the theme and name the movie studio!!

abb.jpg

sudo

Hiway29,

Re:"I don't think there's anyone anywhere who doesn't know that studio by the lion alone."

Now you might be surprised. Sure, we've all seen movies that came on that way but.. which studio was it exactly folks may be asking themselves. Let's see how it goes :)

sudo

Cowgirl, I cant listen to these songs!!! I am eating my oatmeal and cant dance!!!!!!!!!!!

Love them both.... now how about some REO???

Good morning to all of you.

I am soon to be heading to my little part-time job!!! My boss bought me a brand new computer last nite so it will be fun putting it together today.

:wave:

How was your computer experience today? <_<

I don't have any REO, let's see if someone shows up with some. :unsure:

Again I'm very thankful you were missed recently with that tornado. Not nearly as close but close enough.

Now as to you not being able to eat and dance at the same time. I bet ya could. :wink2: